Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I never drown getting crates anymore, no matter how deep that they are. Here is a tip if a crate drops in deep water early game. Mark it and come back when you have around 4 - 10 Aloe Cream and 1 - 5 First Aid Kits on your Tool Belt. After each time you take damage from drowning use a cream for the first few HP hits and a kit when your HP falls below half.

I never drown getting crates anymore, no matter how deep that they are. Here is a tip if a crate drops in deep water early game. Mark it and come back when you have around 4 - 10 Aloe Cream and 1 - 5 First Aid Kits on your Tool Belt. After each time you take damage from drowning use a cream for the first few HP hits and a kit when your HP falls below half.

Never died, too. I accept these moments as a challenge, not as unfinished or buggy part of the gameplay.

Wait, there's a workaround to prevent drowning from firstaid kits? Gazz!

I hope not... but maybe it's something we can mod back in if that happens to be the case. :)

Agreed. I know not many players reach the border zone in any of their playthroughs (I'm a perfect example), but there are some fellas that just keep going forward and forward, and it would be pretty lame for them to just drop down the videogame abyss instead of immersively dying in the radiation zone.

So why am I getting a reputation notification when I asked a legitimate question on whether it will be another Alpha or BETA?

I ask legitimate questions & I get Chastised for it so can we all get on the same page please.

Negative reputation is strictly a community feedback device. It is not an official chastisement or reprimand. If someone doesn't like what you posted they can give negative rep. Anyone can do it.

I never do it.

You should see the google docs change log. It gets so long, we have to occasionally move off older entries, because it gets sssslow.

I remember when you guys were getting close to a16E someone said that just the patch notes was like 56 pages and would need to be trimmed a little before release just so it would fit on the blog. :p

Never died, too. I accept these moments as a challenge, not as unfinished or buggy part of the gameplay.

I used to die diving for crates when I was a noob (<500 hours?) Then I learned how to 'run' down and 'float' up. Can do almost 30 layers that way (no assists - almost die surfacing). A couple of times I've 'engineered' soloutions to get to them. (Think/thank Terraria!) I've also had buried crates quite a few layers down.

Speaking of giving offense I know that some of you feel offended when the news goes out to twitter first. So here's a couple of A17 screenshots that:

A) Have nothing to do with lighting....at all

and

B) Are exclusive to these forums. Twitter followers will have to find their way here for a change...

This first one is a capture of an 8000x8000 random world I created using the world generator. The generator is still a WIP but you can see that it creates a square map. The seed is absolute truth but will be hidden. The only name that will show up for this map is "Roboco County". If someone puts Roboco County in for the seed it will not generate the same map.

World Generator

The second one is a capture of the New Game start menu where you can select the world you wish to play in and name your save. You can see Roboco County there in the window which means this is the map that will load. Navezgane is in the rotation as well as a couple other maps I've already created but not yet explored. You can have multiple different saved games using the same map.

New Game Start Menu

Is that a full view of the map, or just a section of it? Has the amount of cities that spawn been reduced? I try keep up with the forums, but its virtually impossible at times :cocksure:

Is it going to be Alpha 18 or BETA, I did not come here to dispute the video or the mod on Steam, I came to ask for Clarification.

If you guys don't know yet then that's fine but I feel Players should have a good idea on what the New Time Line is due to the Unity Update.

Ok. Very clear answer: TFP developers said they will still add stuff and features after A17e comes out. So, no matter what MM or someone else will call the next iteration(s), it will not be a BETA according to your strict definition.

Unless the owners (whoever they may be) interfere :smile-new:

That is a full view. There are some settings that are still being worked on so I can't say whether there will be more or less. The picture was just to give an idea of how it will work to play a random map in A17 which is quite different than how it works in A16.

I notice that there are three settings to the left - the seed, the size, and a third setting which is set to "VanillaMedium".

Is that a debug thing, or is it a map setting that we'll have access to? (And if the latter, what does it do?)

Negative reputation is strictly a community feedback device. It is not an official chastisement or reprimand. If someone doesn't like what you posted they can give negative rep. Anyone can do it.

I never do it.

Thanks Roland, If you can answer the question then I would appreciate it. I was hoping Fataal would answer it since he vaguely did. Some Games can go BETA with 80 or 90 % of Content but BETA usually has to have all the Content in for a final spit & polish.

With what Features they left out of this Build it doesn't look like there will be enough Content to go BETA on the next Build, I hope it does though. I was trying to give info on Steam to another Player & a Mod started saying I was wrong & quoting MM's Video so I came here to get the facts. My question isn't negative or demanding anything I was just curious how the Unity 2018 Update affected the Time Line going forward. I again admit I like to get sarcastic with other players negative comments & have a little fun with them but 90% of the time I am serious here & at Steam. I get thanked a lot for my help & advice on the game both here & there but again I do get a little sarcastic. The Timer on the Forge was my input & I want nothing but this Game to get better regardless of how long it takes.

I wasn't happy with the streamers but again it was not that I was against them I felt they should have came in on a Stable Build & not an XP.

I mean we the Players have been helping with the testing & I felt XP should be a Fan thing & not a Roll Out Event is all.

what i meant was how much of the show stopping bugs are fixed. unity broke a lot of stuff.

That was a much clearer asked question.

Best guess on the bugs is Roland's emojis. So....4 squashed?

And the Devs have said many times that Unity did not break a lot of stuff.

Well, I understand the larger cities and ones with a lot of destroyed buildings being wasteland, but in a16.4 I've gone through several towns that feel nice and rural, no skyscrapers or rows of many-story ruins, and they feel just fine being woodlands/plains/snow so I'm hoping not *every* urbanized area is converted to wasteland.

On the other hand, one of the nearby urban areas in my current game is mostly rubble-ruins, severely damaged multi-story ruins, the tiny L-shaped ruins and other seriously trashed structures. That one is sitting in plains and the buildings, if you can really call them that at this point, clash with their surroundings. That one could have benefited from a forced wasteland biome. It even has a missile base in its center which helps make sense why so many nearby structures were blown to ♥♥♥♥. Somebody's aim was terrible but points for effort, I guess...

The urban area that tends to have a lot of old-west-style buildings would look really odd as wasteland. Wood buildings with brick rubble underneath/around them? No thanks.

I use to swim out to an area that was deep enough that I knew I could get down to and up again before I could drown. I would get to bottom and start stacking some frames, rediving until they reached the surface. Would put ladders on them from top to bottom that way I could surface faster until I finished putting on ladders. I could then catch my breath and climb down ladder at full speed. Once at bottom I would either get to crate or swim a ways and start a new column at deeper spot closer to crate and repeat until I made it there....also good for making columns for a bridge if you needed to cross body of water on bike.

That is a full view. There are some settings that are still being worked on so I can't say whether there will be more or less. The picture was just to give an idea of how it will work to play a random map in A17 which is quite different than how it works in A16.

Has the controls changed at all? When I try navigating the map now it is like I am in one of those balls they use to train astronauts for space. The ones that spin them around in all directions.

Archived