Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

This first one is a capture of an 8000x8000 random world I created using the world generator. The generator is still a WIP but you can see that it creates a square map. The seed is absolute truth but will be hidden. The only name that will show up for this map is "Roboco County". If someone puts Roboco County in for the seed it will not generate the same map.

World Generator

Observations on the generator as it stands now:

• No more plains or maple forest biomes, as expected.
  • Desert and snowy biomes are sprinkled with forest or some other ‘green’ biome.
  • Forest biomes are sprinkled with wasteland.
  • Snowy and desert biomes aren’t adjacent, although this could be coincidence.
  • Biomes are huge relative to this size of map, with only three major different zones in this one.
  • The world is pretty dry, with water limited to small lakes and ponds rather than rivers or oceans, though this has been highly variable depending on seed in the past.
  • Perhaps half of the land area is totally flat, while the rest is rough with peaks and valleys.
  • Diagonal roads are still more common than cardinal direction roads.
  • There is no radiation border. Players will probably hit an invisible wall at the edge, or else fall off the edge of the world.

Is “Roboco County” generated from the seed, or does the player name the county?

#bloodysnowflakeicongate begins now!

OMG I can't play a game with bloody snowflake buff, that's so immersion breaking I can't even. Refund me my 10 bucks from 4 years ago and give me back my 1k hours of play time

I used to die diving for crates when I was a noob (<500 hours?) Then I learned how to 'run' down and 'float' up. Can do almost 30 layers that way (no assists - almost die surfacing). A couple of times I've 'engineered' soloutions to get to them. (Think/thank Terraria!) I've also had buried crates quite a few layers down.

I guess I'm still a noob cause no matter what I try I can't dive down any faster than if I'm doing nothing.

It could be blocking blood moons, since they spawn at a fairly specific range and direction and if that code is checking the bedroll, then no zombies. I'm slowing getting to that code, since I think I will be the one maintaining it now. 100 blocks is far where zombie pathing is concerned. Was hoping to look at that stuff this week, but now I'm working on using offline player bedrolls and land claim blocks for disabling cleared sleeper volumes, which is a fair bit of code changes. Just part of the A17 process to make this stuff clean and working well.

@FAATAL, in 16 alpha, the claimblock finish to work after a while. Is this a mistake or not? How will the claimblock work at 17 Alpha? Will it work indefinitely or a fixed time?

7 Days to Die was always planned from the beginning to have certain features done before the game goes gold and others to be done after the game goes gold. There are still features to be added but there is not a clear way of knowing whether TFP will decide to do those features before going into the Beta phase or whether they will just go into the Beta phase and then release the game and then add in missing features post release. So it is ambiguous and you won't be able to give your friend a definitive answer.

You have to also realize that when Madmole talks it is from his own perspective. To him, the art and textures are finally at a pleasing enough level that its basically Beta. HIS SPHERE is Beta. But if you ask faatal who is looking at what still needs to be done in his area of the game and there still needs to be at least another update before he feels the Beta vibe.

Best is to just go with the flow and see what happens. Regardless of what labels we or TFP put on stuff it seems pretty guaranteed that we have at least 2 years of continued work and updating to the game which is great news for those who like this process.

That is pretty much been my mantra all along & the DLC's are supposed to be after Gold.

I stopped my SGD classes because of Boolean Loop's when I got to Coding cause of my cognitive problem. I could not do the math like sentences to create the Loop for if this happens , then this will happen, etc. if I am remembering it right. I was more interested in modelling anyway with 3 DMAX. So I know some Games don't need all the Content but I did not think they could reach 80/90% needed for Gold & it would take another Alpha. Like you said they can keep adding Content in XP so we are on the same Page with that.

I just wanted you to know that this is not about going back to Steam & Gloating I was Right like a little Kid. On the Contrary this is all about the community & getting rid of all the different rumors & MM's comments in his Video's, that's what this is about.

If I would have posted what I posted on Steam here for another Player you would not have corrected me because I know now that you & I have the same general perspective on the Timeline for updates.

If the Pimps could maybe give out some Talking Points to follow or a Mass D/M so there is no confusion. It's just frustrating when you tell a player something & a Mod makes a post saying you are wrong, you can't argue even know you know you are right. We have all been through these Alphas together & it is not very hard to Estimate a Release & not to get pissed off if it is a little late like the big Monkey Wrench Unity dropped into the Code. I think they will fix it before Nov. but it was a Big Wrench Man, gonna take some time.

That's all man, lets get the Mods & the Fan Boy's on the same page so we are not contradicting each other, we are frustrated enough not playing the New Build anyway. Lets just get everyone on the same Page.

Observations on the generator as it stands now:

• No more plains or maple forest biomes, as expected.
  • Desert and snowy biomes are sprinkled with forest or some other ‘green’ biome.
  • Forest biomes are sprinkled with wasteland.
  • Snowy and desert biomes aren’t adjacent, although this could be coincidence.
  • Biomes are huge relative to this size of map, with only three major different zones in this one.
  • The world is pretty dry, with water limited to small lakes and ponds rather than rivers or oceans, though this has been highly variable depending on seed in the past.
  • Perhaps half of the land area is totally flat, while the rest is rough with peaks and valleys.
  • Diagonal roads are still more common than cardinal direction roads.
  • There is no radiation border. Players will probably hit an invisible wall at the edge, or else fall off the edge of the world.

Is “Roboco County” generated from the seed, or does the player name the county?

Unless they are adding things to do with water (fishing/boats etc,.) I'm with the others in that more land to play with the better! Instead of having water take up unneeded space.

'IF' they are still allowing us the ability to make our own terrain gen, water areas are an easy add.

I just don't see the point of adding a lot of water, when all it's good for is filling up jars.

'IF' they end up adding more stuff that we can do with water, I'm pretty sure whomever they have doing the work, they can add in more if needed.

Side note* If you zoom in really closely, it doesn't look like those flat land areas are really all that flat. That looks like a HM with biomes overlaid on top of it. If so, it's probably not as flat as it looks but that's just a guess.

OMG I can't play a game with bloody snowflake buff, that's so immersion breaking I can't even. Refund me my 10 bucks from 4 years ago and give me back my 1k hours of play time

I guess I'm still a noob cause no matter what I try I can't dive down any faster than if I'm doing nothing.

Have you tried Shift-W while pointed down (to minimize distance start directly over the crate), Hit E as soon as you 'lock' the crate (starting the open process - followed with a quickly timed 'R' of course!), quickly aim back to surface and swim back up using Shift-W AND Space bar? (Space = swim - on surface. Won't help going down. But helps a LOT going back up.)

(BTW - I have also tried starting down based on the breathing sound effects, but I don't think it matters when you start - as long as your stamina bar is full.)

Glad to hear something being done about that, but we won't be able to step in the house, clear the first room, put a bedroll down, and just walk through the rest of the house though, right?

What is it with the people who think that the developers are idiots? It's very annoying and obnoxious.

I wonder if everybody who asks things like this are just clueless or if they do it on purpose just to be ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s

What is it with the people who think that the developers are idiots? It's very annoying and obnoxious.

I wonder if everybody who asks things like this are just clueless or if they do it on purpose just to be ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s

I think they are just concerned and are asking the question that worries them. Faatal admitted he was unclear originally when he said “spawns” when he should have said “respawns”.

The answer is that sleeping bags will NOT block zombie spawns and you won’t be able to throw a sleeping bag on the ground next to a POI and create an empty house to loot.

I don't know if I ever saw an answer to my question.. is there any hope the airdrop pilot will learn not to drop the boxes in the deepest part of the lake? I die every time trying to get those and it is very frustrating... Roland, heard anything about it? Maybe make the lakes not so deep or something? Not sure how you can fix that...

Or should I just ignore the boxes that end up in the water completely.. maybe that is the best choice.. that and have my base at least a day away from a water source...

Actually the offline bedroll bug report was made over a year ago. ;)

Really? So it’s taken you this long to fix it? What have you been doing?? 😁

Seriously though, I have seen many examples of issues raised here and them being resolved. I’ve been involved in quite a few Kickstarter/ EA projects and TFP have performed better than most imo.

Archived