Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Roland, with the delay to fix major bugs and get stuff right, is the sleeper respawn in this list? Like, is it a bug that would hold the A17-E release?

I'm pretty sure I asked before but didn't get the answer, or missed it

faatal said he would look at it. Whether it holds anything up or not is up to the owners. They decide when it is time to release the update.

Covering fire from an Apache attack helicopter during hoard night, CONFIRMED for A17!

I'm assuming it has 8 Hellfire missiles... but its not good to assume things.

And now I have the mental image of a rickety little gyrocoptor struggling above the treeline with a MOAB slung below it :-)

I just finished a two day major overhaul of sleeper volume code. All bugs I could find (despawn, reset, exploding cops) were fixed and a console command was added to dump sleeper volume info.

Can you expand on exploding cops? Was it a bug or did you overhaul what they are capable of doing?

Can you expand on exploding cops? Was it a bug or did you overhaul what they are capable of doing?

There was a situation where a cop would be ready to explode and so the player wisely runs outside to avoid the damage but then when he returns there is a new cop spawned. Endless exploding cops.

I just finished a two day major overhaul of sleeper volume code. All bugs I could find (despawn, reset, exploding cops) were fixed and a console command was added to dump sleeper volume info.

Could you expand on what you mean about a command that dumps sleeper volume please?

I thought that leaving a room and coming back with new spawns was a bug. That seems a bit weird and off if just leaving a room and coming back in causes the room to re-spawn. Shouldn't their be a larger area or time for re-spawning not just walking in and out of a room. I always disliked that about a16 but thought it a bug.

Trying to clear a building and you keep getting re-spawns just from going in and out of rooms or floors is annoying. Just reeks of magic pointless zombies. Is their any point to clearing buildings at all then? Lacks a bit of realism or I guess I should say immersion. The idea of clearing a house or building is classic zombie (movie, book, and game type) scenario.

So, i’m sat in my delivery van, waiting for my first shop to open, reading the replies in this thread to kill some time. Not only has a screamer just walked passed (i’m serious), but this is in the window of the shop i’m about to deliver too...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atj0DUL_GiNGhXMU2y0HkQH71qgx

We’ve all been doing it wrong, this whole time!!!

So, i’m sat in my delivery van, waiting for my first shop to open, reading the replies in this thread to kill some time. Not only has a screamer just walked passed (i’m serious), but this is in the window of the shop i’m about to deliver too...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atj0DUL_GiNGhXMU2y0HkQH71qgx

We’ve all been doing it wrong, this whole time!!!

I doubt Boots sells the required materials to build a zombie proof base.

In fact, I think it's mostly zombies who shop in there. ;)

I thought that leaving a room and coming back with new spawns was a bug. That seems a bit weird and off if just leaving a room and coming back in causes the room to re-spawn. Shouldn't their be a larger area or time for re-spawning not just walking in and out of a room. I always disliked that about a16 but thought it a bug.

Trying to clear a building and you keep getting re-spawns just from going in and out of rooms or floors is annoying. Just reeks of magic pointless zombies. Is their any point to clearing buildings at all then? Lacks a bit of realism or I guess I should say immersion. The idea of clearing a house or building is classic zombie (movie, book, and game type) scenario.

I’m pretty sure that’s what faatal was referring to in his two day overhaul - walking out resets the spawns immediately.

I imagine in my head Faatal rebuilding the entire AI code from scratch because of the disaster it was before he was hired, I imagine there isn't much he hasn't had to recode, I imagine he finds new problems that he has to fix because of the old code on a daily basis.

I could be way off here but it's the feeling I get after reading all of his posts over the last year and the sheer amount of work he has had to do and is continuing to do every day, not that he has ever said as much or even implied it.

This game is nothing without good zombies.

The man is a Hero in my eyes. <3

Ach! What about der scheisse? We need der scheisse! Language changed to keep zombies from knowing our plans. :)

Who do you think keeps leaving those little surprises in the toilets, the zombies are almost toilet trained, they just refuse to flush.

Covering fire from an Apache attack helicopter during hoard night, CONFIRMED for A17!

I'm assuming it has 8 Hellfire missiles... but its not good to assume things.

Well, since all the Hellfires would probably be past their "expiration date" at this point, I don't think I'd want an Apache firing them anywhere near my base. The guidance system can get pretty flaky. 😆

Well, since all the Hellfires would probably be past their "expiration date" at this point, I don't think I'd want an Apache firing them anywhere near my base. The guidance system can get pretty flaky.

Oops, I'm dating myself again. "Replaced with JAGM"... Hellfire just sounded like it would kill a lot of bad guys.

Vehicles have mod slots now, but no mods yet. A18 we should have some mods for them.

Will transportation have quality?

If YES, can we improve the quality of the ready transport?

Will we can to disassemble the finished transport for spare parts using a wrench?

Thanks

Archived