Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Like I said "at least for me"....

Never had a problem with zeds spawning in our bases ymmv

It may be because you are using fertile grassland, this upgrades into a version of fertile farmland.

farmland block, and radiated have this line in Vanilla <property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false"/>.

May or may not be the reason. I did a plains biome nearly 100% dead corn to create a killing field once. But as long as they were there and not chopped down, everything spawned in the street, or outside the borders.

It may be because you are using fertile grassland, this upgrades into a version of fertile farmland.

farmland block, and radiated have this line in Vanilla <property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false"/>.

May or may not be the reason. I did a plains biome nearly 100% dead corn to create a killing field once. But as long as they were there and not chopped down, everything spawned in the street, or outside the borders.

Hey Sheetz,

Yeah, have done it with grassy ground, tilled soil & fertile soil but also with concrete blocks and stainless steel blocks (in creative but didn't like the metal sound when walking around the courtyard lol).

Every time it seemed to stop the zeds spawning. The only thing we noticed is if our base was a poi then sleepers would sometimes re-spawn if we were away travelling to different areas for a while.

Never use land claims because it's a private server and the bases were too big for a bedroll alone to create a spawn free zone.

As neo said to the architect you still have't answered my question. I was asking seriously. because i edit my gameplay a lot to remove weaknesses.

chill out, he wasn't dismissing you, just trying to lighten up the mood of the forum. There is always someone who will provide a answer. It may not be what you want, but it will be a answer.

Question one, what is created for vanilla almost always goes into Random World Generated, we will find out at the release, they don't always sat while they are creating.

Question two. not sure what you mean, especially as I don't play on servers; but from what I have gathered talking to those who play on them, they are just as occupied, probably more so as there is more to do, generally more POIs, more loot and wider variety of zombies. To get a idea of what the mods are like, just do a search on youtube to see the different mods, download the modlauncher found here on this forum in the mod section and play it, if you want PVE or PVP, there are servers that can be found,, or join a discord of a youtuber you like and play on their server.

I know a lot of people who play mods and they don't visit the forum, don't have the time, don't like the atmosphere here, just aren't the type to enjoy chatting with a bunch of strangers.

What makes a playthrough hard? That depends on your experience. Do you have lots of hours in playing this game, or similar games? Do you like the challenge of living in danger 24/7? Insane, shorter days, longer nights, max number of zombies, dropping everything when you die or doing dead is dead, where when you die you have to completely restart. Nomad so wherever you go you won't have a base to protect you especially on horde night and have to rely on what you loot to stay alive. Mix and match. Go with what you find challenging.

As for mods, some are more dangerous not only by what you face but what is left out. Watching videos can give you a idea, reading remakrs on posts here in the mod section of what players and also in general of what mods are like. And mods change, War of the Walkers started out with a lot of loot, food and somewhat easy to play, geared for people who were more for exploring and not going wild over fighting zombies. Now, it is much hardier, quests are more challenging, less loot, almost as bad as vanilla, making anything is much harder, just about everything requires find a book or magazine to get the skill, have to advance to be able to even use certain things, can't use a builders workbench for example until you can build one of your own, same with one of the special forges.

Hope that answers your questions, I'm not the expert here, others are so they may give better answers.

What I did on the last update, probably overkill; was wipe everything, delete the game, wiped from my files on my computer and started it totally fresh. Will probably do the same for this update when I go to play it. I will give it a month, maybe more to get most of the bugs out. They can't get them all, that is too much to expect.

I just wanted to make sure any bugs that cropped up were from the new update, not from old saves. But I tend to go overboard in things.

Thank you for the input! I will definitely consider that.

- - - Updated - - -

Roland

So is it Tommy in the fugitive or Us marshals looking for the unknown bug.

" What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area."

Since the other entity is an alien I am going with Tommie Lee Jones from Men in Black.

I have another question to throw out there:

Is there any word on the new skill system in regards to if it will be level based or still RNG based?

So minibikes would require mechanic 50 for example instead of finding a book randomly.

unless someone who works with the devs, or Roland states we won't know until A17 is released. They keep most info in the dark, that is why we have so many "discussions" on what will be in it, what won't and how it will effect players.

Question :Lonestarcanuck: Why can't we collect our own turds in game?

That will probably be the key feature of A18.

<Transition to Gen Con 2020>

<Announcer >Coming soon folks another ♥♥♥♥ty release, please give a huge hand to <drum roll> Allpphhhaaaaa 18 !!!!!!!!!!

Interviewer : Here we are at Gencon 2020 to talk with Madmole about The Fun Pimps Alpha 18, everyone seems excited about this release Joel, people are saying its a huge step forward!

Madmole : We worked so hard on this one

Madmole : People simply wont believe what we have changed

Interviewer : Its supposed to roll out now isnt it, at the show?

Madmole : Roland didnt say that <pan to Roland reading zipline weekly>

Madmole : It will be released when its the correct quality

Interviewer : Wasnt it supposed to come out mid 2019 ?

Madmole : Look, unity74.2863 came out and as a team I decided that it was worth a minor delay to get the shadows of the deer on the trees juuuust right you know!

Interviewer : So tell us about the big feature everyone is talking about, apparently its the ♥♥♥♥?

Madmole : <smiling bigly>

Madmole : Man i dont know what to say, this is the most complicated ♥♥♥♥ we have ever done, its huge, i mean there is an ENORMUS amount of ♥♥♥♥ in it, everywhere you look, NEW ♥♥♥♥, MORE ♥♥♥♥, shiny ♥♥♥♥, awesome looking ♥♥♥♥..

Interviewer : Ok but for the viewers can you go into detail about just what kind of ♥♥♥♥ you're talking about?

Madmole : Well sure, we have some huge massive changes we are making, the ♥♥♥♥ is crazy, we got new ♥♥♥♥, bug fix ♥♥♥♥ <looks to camera and whispers..miners hats turn off!>

Madmole : we have those we already talked about, the oldie but goodie ♥♥♥♥, the new ♥♥♥♥ we did to perks, we nerfed the ♥♥♥♥ out of most things cause content...but! we added a new way to make murky water and that ♥♥♥♥ is gonna blow your mind!!

Interviewer : What if your customers think you have been taking the piss with this release?

Madmole : <Looks directly into the camera> I can promise you that yeah, we had a few iterations of ideas throughout development but we soon sorted out the turds and what was left was the pure ♥♥♥♥, no piss added I can assure everyone, just pure ♥♥♥♥

<Break to commercials>

..could not resist :)

I can tell you how it is as of now but I don't think things are finalized so please don't freak out. Remember...WIP

As of now you can craft anything without restriction to level. The only restriction is access to the materials and using the required workstation with the correct part. So, if you can find a working forge and a working workbench and can craft a crucible and get it installed you could be making steel on day one. Same goes for vehicles.

In my last playthrough I spent the whole first week working on the pedal bicycle since I found an operational workbench at the trader. It took me a week because I was unlucky in finding a wrench to be able to get all the mechanical parts needed. But I had a bicycle by Day 8 without any need of a particular skill or a particular book.

Gun schematics are now part of the actual recipe for crafting that particular gun so definitely some RNG happening there but also a good use for multiple copies of the same book. As of now there is no reading of books.

This could change later as skills are still being finished--in particular the intelligence attribute is in flux with its skill and perk sets which have to do with crafting.

i don't know how i feel about any of that, because i haven't had anyone inform me of what my opinion of it should be.

so i'm just going to use my default setting: complaining and freaking out.

so stone and iron tools got nerfed to near useless in 16 and now are just completely pointless day 1? thats stupid. youre stupid. devs are stupid. /facetious

I never take over a POI as a satellite base, personally.

I just carry wood and wood frames with me, slap down a quick 5x5 base which is enough for some chests and a campfire and use that if I -really- need to.

Otherwise, drop chests.

Completely opposite, I take over the 1st POI that I like and that becomes my permanent base and I never use drop chests.

I really do hope A17 makes the game dangerous again (non-horde night in particular).

ALPHA 17 - Release date?!

Hey guys, i've just read some posts here and i just noticed..nobody's talking about the release date of alpha 17. How comes?

or more, what date its gonna be?

Ive heard of several streamers...it will be this weekend, but there are like zero official informations of any developer or sth.

Maybe one of u guys knows more than me?

Would be nice, waitin for an answer:02.47-tranquillity:

I can tell you how it is as of now but I don't think things are finalized so please don't freak out. Remember...WIP

As of now you can craft anything without restriction to level. The only restriction is access to the materials and using the required workstation with the correct part. So, if you can find a working forge and a working workbench and can craft a crucible and get it installed you could be making steel on day one. Same goes for vehicles.

In my last playthrough I spent the whole first week working on the pedal bicycle since I found an operational workbench at the trader. It took me a week because I was unlucky in finding a wrench to be able to get all the mechanical parts needed. But I had a bicycle by Day 8 without any need of a particular skill or a particular book.

Gun schematics are now part of the actual recipe for crafting that particular gun so definitely some RNG happening there but also a good use for multiple copies of the same book. As of now there is no reading of books.

This could change later as skills are still being finished--in particular the intelligence attribute is in flux with its skill and perk sets which have to do with crafting.

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Archived