Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Wouldn't it be the opposite? Wouldn't you blend in more if you started to stink like garbage, sort of smelling like the background. Wouldn't you be more noticable if you were out in the world smelling all soapy and clean. Isn't that the reason you always see people in shows rubbing zombie guts all over themselves so they don't smell "like humans"

This would be an awesome feature. Rub yourself with killed zombies to lower the sensitivity of the stealth bar. (Use rotten flesh for 15min of undercover action)

Yeah, but they'd have to wash up eventually. Having that kind of filth on you for extended periods of time would be bad for your health over time, especially if you were wounded.

There have been a few mods that implemented that mechanic and it makes sense as long as it's not too micro-managy. With the new buffs system I can't wait to see where the creative minds take us.

EDIT:

This would be an awesome feature. Rub yourself with killed zombies to lower the sensitivity of the stealth bar. (Use rotten flesh for 15min of undercover action)

Also in some mods. :)

Ronald, MM, Gazz or Fataal,

can we have video today?

It does not matter if you have mistakes, we want to see what the mistakes are and so you can kill the anxiety, throw a bone to the dogs :)

It would give us something to get outraged over for an hour or two until a dev comes on and ruins the fun :-)

Who said no crafting list? Where did that even come from? What does crafting list even mean?

I just said there might possibly be no more level gating on crafting....just goes to show all news is bad news to someone.

Pardon the obfuscation. Crafting list refers to the recipes locked behind skills/perks/levels/books.

I'm certain that I am in the minority but I'm a strong proponent of RNG components, as well as skill progression, locking many aspects of gameplay. This adds a lot of replayability for me. Your characterization implies that this has all been removed, which would be a real blow to the way I like to play the game.

I'll choose to trust in the Pimps and assume that this can all be modded back in.

Pardon the obfuscation. Crafting list refers to the recipes locked behind skills/perks/levels/books.

I'm certain that I am in the minority but I'm a strong proponent of RNG components, as well as skill progression, locking many aspects of gameplay. This adds a lot of replayability for me. Your characterization implies that this has all been removed, which would be a real blow to the way I like to play the game.

I'll choose to trust in the Pimps and assume that this can all be modded back in.

You are definitely not in the minority! Same here.

We can't fail in release date, since we don't have one. We can fail to give you a date, if that is what you mean.

We still have a way to go.

im not talking about this patch, its about all the other patch releases before, they always had a big delay, which is a sad thing for all those who love this game and making plans for the release.

Here in this forum There was a BIG post from your staff....that said " 7 days 1lpha 17 gonna be released at the end of JULY" You changed this post like 7 times? Cause of all this delays.

OFC it was no exact release date, but u gave us a month. And thats 2 month ago now, so im right with what i said. Im following all the post and informations for a few month now.

Its like always.. most ppl dont even believe anymore this patch's gonna be released this year, cause of delays again.

Sorry, but thats how it is.

Well wasnt here to make bad statements, i was just looking for an oppertunity to check if there will be a release this weekend

You are definitely not in the minority! Same here.

Now this is a poll I'm willing to try even though with the two of you already proving what the minority is not it might end up being a waste of time. But time we will waste regardless.

i

Here in this forum There was a BIG post from your staff....that said " 7 days Alpha 17 gonna be released at the end of JULY" You changed this post like 7 times? Cause of all this delays.

You just changed it from the original. The original post was TENTATIVE release: End of July. Now I suggest you go look up the word "tentative" and find out that it really isn't a shot you have to get when you step on a rusty nail...

Now this is a poll I'm willing to try even though with the two of you already proving what the minority is not it might end up being a waste of time. But time we will waste regardless.

You just changed it from the original. The original post was TENTATIVE release: End of July. Now I suggest you go look up the word "tentative" and find out that it really isn't a shot you have to get when you step on a rusty nail...

Ronald

can we have video today?

It does not matter if you have mistakes, we want to see what the mistakes are and so you can kill the anxiety, throw a bone to the dogs

I'm willing to wait and see how it plays. Honestly? I have no strong feelings about this either way.

I'd guess the change was made for the multiplayer crowd, both PVE and PVP, so that n00b players aren't at a significant disadvantage when they join an established group. I have no issue with this, it seems like quite a sensible solution to the problem.

See! I'm not all doom, gloom and outrage :-)

On a side note, any chance of getting that boring tagline "Colony Founder" changed to "Naysayer"? Pretty please... love you! :-)

Ronald

can we have video today?

It does not matter if you have mistakes, we want to see what the mistakes are and so you can kill the anxiety, throw a bone to the dogs

Are you calling him Ronald as a joke? Because it's Roland, right? Of course, it does contain the same letters so... Close enough I guess??? :)

Wow skippy0330, your post has actually moved me to respond. As a long-time-lurker, infrequent-poster, I read the various posts and many of them to be entertaining. However, I find your post troubling on a number of levels. You certainly have the option to not read my responses to your statements as I break them down.

Now think of real life, where you work for a client and they are getting anxious because it's been a year since they've been able to use their product because it's broken. That client will only put up with so much before starting to complain.

By the above statement, it seems you've not played A16 at all, because it is broken?!? I doubt that.

So basically you saying its ok for delays because bugs is just enabling. That there is something wrong with lighting a fire up under dev's asses. Sure, the whiners are annoying, but there are people out there 100 percent justified in frustration, We've watched every other game released at the same time go into beta, and than release. We've seen all those other teams, invest in the game right away, instead of 4 years later with staff.

Frustration is completley understandable, impatience is understandable. If you find it too unbearable, you certainly have the option of moving on to one of those finished games you make reference to.

All i'm saying is your perspective of "oh just let it slide" is just as bad as the whiners. You can't let stuff like this "just slide" no matter hte 1000 excuses you get. That's how you get 25 year old baristas whining the job is too hard and they deserve more money. It's cool you're ok wth waiting, and some of us have no choice.

"Letting it slide" implies some intentional slight or insult has been given. I perceive none. You are quite correct about not having a choice. However, you, just like the rest of us, will get the next update/release when it is deemed ready for release.

Play a mod? - why, the AI is game breaking broken

Check out some other games? - sure, but that's like saying check out other girls while your girlfriend is away for work and not coming back.

Again, the above statement implies you've never even played A16 because it is broken, therefore you've never attempted to use any mods. As for distracting yourself with some other form of entertainment while waiting for the release of the update, your statement implies that the game is broken and the developers have ceased work on it. Neither is accurate.

We want to play the game we were promised during jumpstarter. There is nothing wrong with that.

"Promise"? As I recall, it was and is clearly stated the game is still in an unfinished state. I do play the game that was/is promised; an unfinished game that is already very much rich in features, one that is still under development, and has the potential to become a truly outstanding product.

Read a book? Could you be any more pretentious?

If you find the suggestion of reading a book pretentious, you clearly have larger issues than impatience waiting for a game update.

You literally described the epitimy of the millenial attitude, ill do it when i want, i don't care about you, give me your money now. don't complain if i don't put out.

Skipping past your obvious distaste for Millenials and their perceived attitudes, I assume you paid for and received the game, and that it was not given to you. Therefore, payment made, product received.

What drive do devs have to finish a game when they've been paid for it already and the fan boys jump down anyones throat that says wtf.

Pride in their work and the desire to correct existing issues with A17 before releasing it to customers pretty much qualifies as "drive" by anyone's definition.

My apologies for this long-winded response. I return to lurking mode now. :02.47-tranquillity:

Archived