Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Gyrocopter

Sorry guys i'm sure this has been asked loads, but it would take ages searching the 2000+ pages. Is the Gyro-copter actually going to be added Alpha 17? I see the 2 Vids with it in, but I do not see it in the updates list, or even the stuff that didnt make it into Alpha 17 list.

Thanks in advance for response. Really looking forward to trying Alpha 17 the new jeep looks awesome. Thanks.

Well in peoples defence , i only know Faatal and Gazz are devs , Rolands king of the forms lol. No way to identify ( from mobile ) whos a dev at a glance.

While ive been waiting for 7days ive watched Vikings and Game of Thrones and i challenge anyone who has Skyrim.... that you dont play it lol.

I havent touched it since 2015 , forgot how great ( although still buggy ) it is.

Now, I know it. You get your lines from Al Bundy. :)

My personal favorite:

"A rather weight challenged woman: How DARE you say that to my face"

"Al Bundy: Well, I'd say it behind your back, but my car only got a half-a-tank of gas!"

Man I love that show, I have all the episodes :)

Al: Peg, you wanna get that? (doorbell ringing) It's probably the homeless on their "It-could-be-worse"- tour :laugh:

as far as i read on the devs twitter account they spent weaks solving the issues caused by unity 2018 update.

Havent read the tweat, but transition from unity 2017.x to unity 2018.x is the smoothest transition i ever had. Bare in mind im not talking about some small projects.

I find it highly unlikely transition made trouble not only cus of my experience but also from experience of several of my friends who did the same transition.

Also im glad u switched to 2018. Hopefully job system and other little things can up the performance is heavy load lifting if u decide to use it after its stable.

There is a chance it will be added in one of the later experimental releases of A17. Youprobably will be seeing it in mods, even if it doesn't get into A17.

As long as it's stable enough it might appear in some mods for sure, although if it was stable enough, devs would most likely add it by default in the first place.

Isnt that the day that normal hardworking people get a bit of rest and familiy time?

Could be wrong though....there could be cultural differences.

Cheers

Well some people relax on the 7th day (Saturday). The change to Sunday was started way back in the Roman days. I could be wrong.

Well some people relax on the 7th day (Saturday). The change to Sunday was started way back in the Roman days. I could be wrong.

As far as I know you're right. There are also many countries where other days are considered the day off, the whole Saturday/Sunday thing tends be used when a country has one of the major Abrahamic religions as their official religion.

I think the Jewish people still use Saturday as their standard day off.

In ancient times a day was considered from sunset to sunset, not sunrise to sunrise. You'd go to bed in the morning and wake in the evening,

As long as it's stable enough it might appear in some mods for sure, although if it was stable enough, devs would most likely add it by default in the first place.

Counter-examples: Survivors, bandits, behemoth. All deemed not stable enough for TFP to include them but you can find them in mods.

Counter-examples: Survivors, bandits, behemoth. All deemed not stable enough for TFP to include them but you can find them in mods.

We modders have a higher tolerance for defects in how our additional features or objects work in game than a professional development team needs to have. They don't have the luxury of putting in something that "Kind of" works. Most of the stuff we added to Starvation and other mods is buggy in one way or another, but unlike in the vanilla game, you don't have to use it if the defects bother you.

Sure, the Behemoth was added to the game by modders, but it clips through blocks due to its over sized model interacting with the core collision code, and that will need to be changed in code, not Unity. So TFP pushed it aside because other stuff is more important, while we modders just say, good enough, enjoy it or don't use it.

Archived