Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Not from the other side, and not unattended though. ;)

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you want to be able to plant TNT and be able to shoot it through another block. I don’t understand the benefit of this. Block buffing is already a thing— you can make a wood block do it’s job better by upgrading it to scrap. What else do you want?

You can set up explosive traps fairly easily in this game. Use a dart trap and a switch/pressure plate/ motion sensor with the trap pointed at a gas barrel or TNT.

Edit: or, you know, land mines work well too.

The idea was to trap a block from YOUR side so when somebody/something hits it from the OTHER side something happens. Not to shoot through a block...

Also, upgrading a block is not applying a buff to it. It's upgrading it. Open buffs.xml and you will have a better idea of what I'm suggesting.

Moreso, if it were to happen, people a lot smarter than me would have much better ideas.

The idea was to trap a block from YOUR side so when somebody/something hits it from the OTHER side something happens. Not to shoot through a block...

Also, upgrading a block is not applying a buff to it. It's upgrading it. Open buffs.xml and you will have a better idea of what I'm suggesting.

Moreso, if it were to happen, people a lot smarter than me would have much better ideas.

I think I see what you intend. We could make our floors electrified; that would be interesting. It’s a can o’ worms though. It would have to be very well thought out.

Really? You have a Dev, telling you that major parts of the Dev team were not affected AT ALL by the Unity update and you don't believe him? Seriously, telling him to go read a Twitter post about it rather than what he knows FIRSTHAND?????

Sigh, maybe that explains why you don't know who Faatal is.... hint... he's coding GOD! Fixing the AI! All Hail Faatal!!!

well, how could i know this? im following "Joel Huenink'S" account on twitter and thats what he says from the official site tho.

thats all i can say hmm

well, how could i know this? im following "Joel Huenink'S" account on twitter and thats what he says from the official site tho.

thats all i can say hmm

You can know this by checking for the title “Fun Pimps Staff” under faatal’s name, as well as the name being orange instead of white.

If you’re on the mobile site... :noidea:;)

They're zeroing in on the last (few) bug (s)

I'll call it:

Stream, September 15th (Possible Friday 14th) - September 16th

Public Experimental Release: Monday September 17th

Looking forward to eating my own words :lemo:

It's already "official" that's A17E is not coming out for the streamers on the 14th of September since the streamers have received an email about it today from Roland.

And like posted here already, it doesn't look like it will be in September (from the email): "the owners are not confident it will even be ready before the end of September at this point but we can always hope".

So, sorry to burst your bubble! :behindsofa:

I wonder what I'll be playing first... A17ex, or A3.3 (Star Citizen) as an early tester?

It's interesting to bounce between these two games and see similarities between the salty entitlement crowds and the understanding fans of each game. It's also interesting whenever I read somebody using an absolute such as "No other early development game does this or that thing I dont like" when it is true of the other.

For example, on the star Citizen side, the developers talked about how Object Container Streaming would yield performance improvements which would allow them to add more stuff, ultimately resulting in similar post-update performance, albeit with more features. I recall seeing a similar discussion go by on this forum several weeks ago. A lot of people were shocked that TFP would use increased game engine performance as an opportunity to add more features.

It's already "official" that's A17E is not coming out for the streamers on the 14th of September since the streamers have received an email about it today from Roland.

And like posted here already, it doesn't look like it will be in September (from the email): "the owners are not confident it will even be ready before the end of September at this point but we can always hope".

So, sorry to burst your bubble! :behindsofa:

Fair enough :)

I was just not aware of this.

*Puts ketchup on the plate along with a knife & fork*

thats all i can say hmm

Joel Huenink aka MadMole is an artist, not a coder

if you are following him it's only logic that you read on problems caused by the update of unity

look like no video today

I would definitely say no video today... Well, because there's only a few hours left for Sunday, and also because Joel (Madmole) hasn't made a new build today (I checked the Steam database). Joel almost always creates a new build, which would include the latest fixes and changes, before making a video.

After the news of "probably" not releasing A17E in September, my guess is they're still lots of work being done, so posting a video now might show unfinished stuff and bugs which I'm sure Madmole prefers we don't see. He's proud of his game and wants it to be perfect! (or at least, close to perfect) :)

Fair enough :)

I was just not aware of this.

*Puts ketchup on the plate along with a knife & fork*

I only know that info because I have a friend who's one of the streamers. The info was not posted here, but some youtubers have made videos about it, to let their subs know that... It's done when it's done! (But "probably" not in September)

What a joke.

A cat died and appeared before st Peter. St Peter gave him a home and sent him on his way.

A dozen mice died and again, at Peter gave them a home, but the mice said heaven was so big, that they worried about getting around. St Peter said no problem, and gave them some skates.

A week passed and st Peter checked on the cat. "Well, what do you think?" asked st Peter...

"Heaven is great!", the cat said... "I especially enjoy the meals on wheels!"

Archived