Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

This would be nice, maybe it can make up for the lack of bandits.

-Even though nothing can satisfy the lack of the bandits, I have been waiting for the bandits since A14 and each alpha is another disappointment.

-We have to wait, maybe my children will play Gold with the bandits :)

5 hours ago, Roland said:

There is no game in existence that rewards a set bonus without the entire set. 

ummmmm sorry roland. one of the diablo iterations (2?) had stacking bonuses where the gear got better and better with each piece of the set you wore, and then there was an overall bonus. partial set bonuses as well as the complete set bonus. it meant you could mix and match 2 or even 3 different sets and enjoy perks as you built the sets. decisions like should i loose this set bonus on the wizard getup to get the bonus on the assassin setup. sometimes it was worth using only 3/5 of set A and the rest from set B to get special mixes of bonuses.

here we go

Arcanna's Tricks

Partial Set Bonus

+50 To Mana (2 Items)
+50 To Life (3 Items)
Regenerate Mana 12% (3 Items)

Complete Set Bonus

+50 To Mana
+50 To Life
20% Faster Cast Rate
5% Mana Stolen Per Hit
+1 to All Skills

Edited by NukemDed (see edit history)

41 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

ummmmm sorry roland. one of the diablo iterations (2?) had stacking bonuses where the gear got better and better with each piece of the set you wore, and then there was an overall bonus. partial set bonuses as well as the complete set bonus. it meant you could mix and match 2 or even 3 different sets and enjoy perks as you built the sets. decisions like should i loose this set bonus on the wizard getup to get the bonus on the assassin setup. sometimes it was worth using only 3/5 of set A and the rest from set B to get special mixes of bonuses.

here we go

Arcanna's Tricks

Partial Set Bonus

+50 To Mana (2 Items)
+50 To Life (3 Items)
Regenerate Mana 12% (3 Items)

Complete Set Bonus

+50 To Mana
+50 To Life
20% Faster Cast Rate
5% Mana Stolen Per Hit
+1 to All Skills

No need for sorrow. Nothing you shared refutes what I said. Diablo won’t grant the full set bonus if you are only wearing part of the set. It gives a partial set bonus. 

Same in this game. Wear everything but the shoes and you’ll get the partial bonuses of what you’re wearing but not the full set bonus unless you don those flip flops. 

I said that no game gives the full set bonus for wearing a partial set and the fact that Diablo has partial set bonuses shows that it also doesn’t give the full set bonus if you aren’t wearing the full set. 

Still no bandits uh? Well, the armour system's bonuses, loot tables, modelling and rigging are a huge undertaking, so I'm not surprised that the foes slipped a22. I'm kinda impressed that both the character system AND the clothing system will be ready in time for this alpha. 

The animals look amazing btw. It makes me wonder about new ones and animal taming and the like.

Hugs!

9 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Well we are going to get geek Outfit that looks like from "clown from other space" type of movie. So lack of flip flops woudn't be a problem to remove

Just wait until you see the nerd outfit with the fiber footwear....😁

14 hours ago, beerfly said:

Rooting for this such as you. But would be better for the devs to mend the game properly around or after gold to implement it.

And I hope they don`t make us move our hand with the controller as in real life when mining. 

The 7days VRmod guys have a good solution.  Their mod allows harvesting with your arm motions but also give you the option to hold down a button.

8 hours ago, Roland said:

There is no game in existence that rewards a set bonus without the entire set.

MU Online has an armour set bonus if your entire armour pieces are a high enough level, last I played, I think the set bonus maxed to a +30% armour rating bonus

1 hour ago, FranticDan said:

MU Online has an armour set bonus if your entire armour pieces are a high enough level, last I played, I think the set bonus maxed to a +30% armour rating bonus

How does this contradict what I've been saying? 

I'll admit right now that my statement was hyperbole. I don't really know if there is a game that grants an entire set bonus when you aren't wearing the entire set. But so far the two examples people have posted as alleged counterpoints don't seem to be such. I'm sure someone will dredge up a game that really does but in any case it must be a rare exception. The label itself:  "Set bonus" presupposes that it is a bonus that is granted by equipping the entire set. Why call it a set bonus if you can get the bonus sans a piece or two?

And I still maintain that "barefoot" will never count as an armor piece or clothing article for any kind of set that includes footwear as one of the categories for the set. That's just ridiculous....

It isn't unusual for a game to allow hiding a helmet while still receiving all the benefits of wearing it.  This is because many players like seeing the face of their character.  Why go through the time to set up how your character's face looks if you never see it?  So it's not an uncommon feature.  But how many people are going to care if they can see the feet of their character?  I'm guessing as close to none as to be the same thing.  They aren't going to give players the option to hide footwear.  So that means you either wear them and get the bonus or you don't.  It'll be your choice.  It isn't like you see your own feet anyhow except when using a vehicle.

Maybe someone would make a mod to hide them, though I can't imagine there's enough interest in such a thing to make it worth it for someone to bother doing so.  The best you are likely to maybe get is a mod that gives you the set bonus without the entire set.  I'm sure that's probably an easy enough mod to do and would be something anyone looking to create their own set bonuses and stats would want to be able to do anyhow, so it's at least possible.  But I wouldn't expect vanilla to offer any option to get the set bonus without wearing the footwear or to hide the footwear.  Maybe someday they'll add an option to hide the helmet but certainly not the footwear.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

How does this contradict what I've been saying? 

MU Online has a set bonus if you're wearing an entire set (Head, Torso, Legs, Hands, Feet), if the set itself is a high enough level to start granting a set bonus.
Example: If all of your armour pieces are 'Dragon Armour' and the level of the Dragon Armour set is level +10 or higher, you get an armour bonus. Removing any of the pieces will remove the bonus.
(Bare in mind I haven't played MU Online in over a decade, so things may have changed)

Edited by FranticDan (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

My pick would be

big horn sheep

Bison 

It would be neat too see a Bison farm

Zombison does trip nicely off the tongue. I'd expect a special event where carrying Taza's stone axe causes regular Zombison attacks.

Not native to the region, but Zombeavers are already enshrined in legend from their movie appearance. They would also provide both a water threat and some serious block damage potential.

52 minutes ago, Uncle Al said:

Zombison does trip nicely off the tongue. I'd expect a special event where carrying Taza's stone axe causes regular Zombison attacks.

Not native to the region, but Zombeavers are already enshrined in legend from their movie appearance. They would also provide both a water threat and some serious block damage potential.

Would explain how all the zombies became structural engineers. They got bit by zombeavers. 

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

It isn't unusual for a game to allow hiding a helmet while still receiving all the benefits of wearing it.  This is because many players like seeing the face of their character.  Why go through the time to set up how your character's face looks if you never see it?  So it's not an uncommon feature.  But how many people are going to care if they can see the feet of their character?  I'm guessing as close to none as to be the same thing.  They aren't going to give players the option to hide footwear.  So that means you either wear them and get the bonus or you don't.  It'll be your choice.  It isn't like you see your own feet anyhow except when using a vehicle.

Maybe someone would make a mod to hide them, though I can't imagine there's enough interest in such a thing to make it worth it for someone to bother doing so.  The best you are likely to maybe get is a mod that gives you the set bonus without the entire set.  I'm sure that's probably an easy enough mod to do and would be something anyone looking to create their own set bonuses and stats would want to be able to do anyhow, so it's at least possible.  But I wouldn't expect vanilla to offer any option to get the set bonus without wearing the footwear or to hide the footwear.  Maybe someday they'll add an option to hide the helmet but certainly not the footwear.

Isn't there already a mod to make the helmet look like a cowboy hat or something along those lines? Maybe someone will make a mod that makes the flippy floppy thingys look like hiker boots or something that looks more not flippy floppy. :)

3 hours ago, FranticDan said:

MU Online has a set bonus if you're wearing an entire set (Head, Torso, Legs, Hands, Feet), if the set itself is a high enough level to start granting a set bonus.
Example: If all of your armour pieces are 'Dragon Armour' and the level of the Dragon Armour set is level +10 or higher, you get an armour bonus. Removing any of the pieces will remove the bonus.
(Bare in mind I haven't played MU Online in over a decade, so things may have changed)

So you're agreeing with me then. I wasn’t sure before. 

From what has been described, this game will be similar. If you wear all the pieces from the farmer set you will get the bonus each piece grants plus a set bonus. Remove one piece and you lose the set bonus and the individual bonus of that piece but still get the bonuses of the other pieces you are wearing. 

If you wear pieces from different sets you get each of their individual bonuses but no set bonus. 

17 hours ago, Roland said:

C’mon Matt. It’s a bonus for wearing the entire set. There is no game in existence that rewards a set bonus without the entire set. “Barefoot” isn’t a set piece and never will be. It’s the absence of a set piece and you’re just not going to convince anyone on the dev team or otherwise to pretend that (set-1) cuts it for the set bonus. Neither is anyone going to pretend that barefoot counts as an outfit set piece any more than they would count barechested or bareheaded.  We’re not playing Emperor’s New Clothes Simulator. No clothes is no clothes. 

Ok so i have alternative which would both shoes and partialy barefoot : just change skin into fiber. I think it's sensible alternative to flip flops

image.thumb.png.03fc4fd320c9bce1b221ee86a36e0061.png

16 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I wouldn't say that. It just looks like a nerd got drunk and had a weilder with him

This would be realy.... normal. Trust me - after seeing guy with sword, guy in Plague Doc, guy who had only shirts while carry road sign then... i could consider as student 

10 hours ago, Roland said:

I vote for young goats with a zombie version so we can finally have zombie kids in the game. 

IT'S NOT WORKING THAT WAY ! 😜

8 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Just wait until you see the nerd outfit with the fiber footwear....😁

To be honest - i woudn't mind fiber footwear in foot guard style. I think it would looks realy good : example

image.thumb.png.17ae3fffa664b9a74be4f3e9d358a59b.png

6 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

I'm kinda glad bandits are being delayed.  I don't want them in my zombie survival game and I will disable them (if it's an option) or mod them out as soon as a version is released with them in it.

Why is that, just curious ?

It adds another form of survival element that we have deal with for many of us. 

39 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Ok so i have alternative which would both shoes and partialy barefoot : just change skin into fiber. I think it's sensible alternative to flip flops

I like that alternative a lot but I'm also not against flip flops. With the set already completed, I doubt they will take time to redo the footwear since they most likely like the flip flops at least as much as the style you shared.

Besides, we know they only redo entire gameplay systems not single items. ;) 

12 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

I'm kinda glad bandits are being delayed.  I don't want them in my zombie survival game and I will disable them (if it's an option) or mod them out as soon as a version is released with them in it.

I'm sure a mod will be available to disable them. However they are rather critical to the story of the game, and you won't be able to do the main story questline without them.

25 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

I'm sure a mod will be available to disable them. However they are rather critical to the story of the game, and you won't be able to do the main story questline without them.

Currently there is the option to turn off zombies, so in theory an option for bandits would be added?

23 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Ye without bandits the whole game falls apart for the end content or the game as whole.

With that said I am extremely disappointed that we still won't be getting them this year, it's nearly March and we don't have A22 and it was promised to be a quick update but as usual massive scope creep again. 

There is no way it will go gold this year if we don't even have:

Bandits (I think 4 alphas now)

Story

Performance 

Stability  SP/MP (tired of having my char reset to level 1 for no reason)

Plus tons more at this point. 

Like the decision to remove burnt forest and now a whole bunch of hours are been burnt to reintroduce it and get it up to scratch again.

Just feels like we are waiting for something that will never come.