Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

I really want too see other armors I know we got biker and Ranger armor but I hope there's more! Like the types of bandit armor shown being part of the loot pool/craftable 

Like do we have a scrap armor equal? Will we have a winter set cuz aside from the lumberjack or biker, none really would keep you warm and I wouldn't trust plant fiber aside too keep me itchy. 

Another issue I think they should be addressed isthe water thing.... I know it's been done too death but tons of people hate it... but at least more ways to get water without looting, trading or having 5000 dew collectors.  

At least have tiers of water collectors 

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Who knows? maybe it will be like - 30% more crops during harvesting so you will be forced to change for that armor. So you will put it on just for harvesting

There's going to be an actual set of Farmer clothes/armour, so probably not?

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

I really want too see other armors I know we got biker and Ranger armor but I hope there's more! Like the types of bandit armor shown being part of the loot pool/craftable 

Like do we have a scrap armor equal? Will we have a winter set cuz aside from the lumberjack or biker, none really would keep you warm and I wouldn't trust plant fiber aside too keep me itchy. 

Another issue I think they should be addressed isthe water thing.... I know it's been done too death but tons of people hate it... but at least more ways to get water without looting, trading or having 5000 dew collectors.  

At least have tiers of water collectors 

More than three jars of storage, please, for god's sakes.

But yeah, how progression and crafting are going to work doesn't seem to have been mentioned at all.

Also, if they get rid of clothes, I'm wondering if all wearable items will have both some sort of armour value AND some sort of temperature protection value.

42 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

More than three jars of storage, please, for god's 

Also, if they get rid of clothes, I'm wondering if all wearable items will have both some sort of armour value AND some sort of temperature protection value.

That's my main issue I just need more! For Grenades and bomb arrows

I mean sense we have a set of desert gear I'm sure some armors will have some strengths or weaknesses 

6 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Some for sure.  The AND / OR functionality was added to fix some isolated issues but also to give POI designers more tools to work with (e.g. puzzles).  I know several custom POI creators in the community have been asking for this for a while now as well.

Looking forward to playing with this!  Can we assume this AND/OR function would also work with explody things?  ;)

In a similar vein, how hard would it be to create a new trigger class that only unlocks doors/hatches - not actually open/close them?  It would also be super nice to have doors/hatches that does not allow water flow when closed, but allows it when opened (or damaged). 

Edited by MichaelL. (see edit history)

3 hours ago, XCOUNTRY said:

You can’t even see your feet in 1st person anyway…unless…feet are back for A22!

You can see your hands, though, and I know I’m not the only one that was excited to learn the hands change to reflect your character and armor. It’s nontrivial to do, and it’ll be a nice immersion feature.

Welp, my hat goes off to Morloc. He figured out how to make Discord skip over all the images I posted when previewing a link to this thread, and make it look like A22 is about horse girls. Well played, sir.

Edit: it's grabbing whatever the last posted image is, regardless of the spoiler tags. So as a temporary fix, enjoy this encore presentation of the collage I made for the top post.

collage.thumb.jpg.5f2922a7b21664cdeeacf0a06a1add0b.jpg

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Crater Creator said:

A22devdiary.thumb.jpg.43f1f73690eb528cc6578df1f2f87071.jpg

Welp, my hat goes off to Morloc. He figured out how to make Discord skip over all the images I posted when linking to this thread, and make it look like A22 is about horse girls. Well played, sir. 

We've been laughing about this in the modding discord as well. That's the first image not hidden in the thread, maybe that's why it's the one that shows up?

EDIT: Well, I see there are other images at the top of the first post now. Not sure if they were there earlier. Even these forums themselves pick odd pictures out of threads when you link to them. Haha.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Finally thank you.

release some time in 2024 is a pretty lame statement. Certainly it is possible to craft a statement that is more specific and allows for some delays.

Do you remember all the flak they got for A21 being delayed when they gave an estimate?  I'm sure they don't want to deal with that and it's probably far enough out anyhow that they really don't have any remotely reliable estimate yet.

5 hours ago, Riamus said:

Do you remember all the flak they got for A21 being delayed when they gave an estimate?  I'm sure they don't want to deal with that and it's probably far enough out anyhow that they really don't have any remotely reliable estimate yet.

Don’t care, it is a business and someone should be capable of crafting a statement that works. 
The unknown causes more anxiety that it solves.

15 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Finally thank you.

release some time in 2024 is a pretty lame statement. Certainly it is possible to craft a statement that is more specific and allows for some delays.

This is better than when it is done it is done

Or sometime this decade.

16 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Finally thank you.

If it even comes out in 2024 we will be lucky, these Dev cycles have been taking way too long, IMO, for a game still in Alpha. 

20 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

Speaking for myself here, I see no issue with this style. You want something to protect the bottom of your foot, and you need some way to keep it attached. Ergo, simple toe thong sandals. They’re one of the oldest forms of footwear, seen in many different cultures. They’re exactly what a primitive survivalist would make if they wanted footwear.

Yes - it's oldest yet... going barefoot from own choice is popular too.  I could make long lecture about that topic + kinda wearing such mask looks more like spiritual stuff - similiar like Children of the forest from metro exodus. So go barefoot would have sense here

19 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Just don't craft / put on the plant fiber shoes and your good. 😅

But without crafting it you won't get set bonus. So... pretty force you to craft it

21 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Remove flip flops or add option to show them off pls

Adding an option to turn off the visuals of a clothing item due to the complaints of one player is a waste of the devs time. Just...no.

As others have said, just don't craft them and deal with the consequences of not getting the bonus.

9 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

Adding an option to turn off the visuals of a clothing item due to the complaints of one player is a waste of the devs time. Just...no.

As others have said, just don't craft them and deal with the consequences of not getting the bonus.

Well we are going to get geek Outfit that looks like from "clown from other space" type of movie. So lack of flip flops woudn't be a problem to remove

Hopefully the Invisible Dye mod will still work. Though without clothing layers (we don't know if this is the case), you'd just be naked in that slot, so maybe no need for it anymore (unless you're that one guy who loves making 7D naked stabbing rampage videos).

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Yes - it's oldest yet... going barefoot from own choice is popular too.  I could make long lecture about that topic + kinda wearing such mask looks more like spiritual stuff - similiar like Children of the forest from metro exodus. So go barefoot would have sense here

But without crafting it you won't get set bonus. So... pretty force you to craft it

C’mon Matt. It’s a bonus for wearing the entire set. There is no game in existence that rewards a set bonus without the entire set. “Barefoot” isn’t a set piece and never will be. It’s the absence of a set piece and you’re just not going to convince anyone on the dev team or otherwise to pretend that (set-1) cuts it for the set bonus. Neither is anyone going to pretend that barefoot counts as an outfit set piece any more than they would count barechested or bareheaded.  We’re not playing Emperor’s New Clothes Simulator. No clothes is no clothes. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, Roland said:

C’mon Matt. It’s a bonus for wearing the entire set. There is no game in existence that rewards a set bonus without the entire set. “Barefoot” isn’t a set piece and never will be. It’s the absence of a set piece and you’re just not going to convince anyone on the dev team or otherwise to pretend that (set-1) cuts it for the set bonus. Neither is anyone going to pretend that barefoot counts as an outfit set piece any more than they would count barechested or bareheaded.  We’re not playing Emperor’s New Clothes Simulator. No clothes is no clothes. 

No Streaker bonus :(