Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

8 hours ago, Roland said:

I wonder if I told ChatGPT that the official answer about release dates is “It’s done when it’s done” if it would remember and repeat it to others when they ask…. Or at least to @Fanatical_Meat if they ask ;)

ChatGPT should already know that since per other posters it’s a totally normal thing to say and every developer says it.

Thank you for supporting “when it’s done” should no longer be used.

On 3/6/2023 at 10:40 AM, Druid_Koldun said:

Guys, please tell me, will there be a new model in alpha 21 with new high-quality textures? or has the new character model been ported to alpha 22? And tell us more, please, are there any plans to introduce a raft or boats with new water? I hope so. Please, who knows, if possible, answer me

New player models were shunted to A22. No plans for rafts or boats that we've been told. Granted, we haven't really been told anything new for the last few months now.

15 hours ago, Roland said:

I wonder if I told ChatGPT that the official answer about release dates is “It’s done when it’s done” if it would remember and repeat it to others when they ask…. Or at least to @Fanatical_Meat if they ask ;)

And we still don't have a clear answer after 7 months, meanwhile after a game that is 9 years old it still has optimization problems.

I think it's a game with incredible mechanics but if the developers don't put their batteries into the survival market - other companies are going to eat them, personally I think so.

🤔

After 9 years there is still no game quite like 7 Days to Die. Appreciate your concern for their welfare but they are still in a great position. Perhaps if there was no version to actually play and we were all waiting to get the game in the first place and following news of development behind closed doors you might have a point. But we've all been playing the game and having fun these past 9 years and getting updates at no additional cost so....

13 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, it seems to take A20.6 as the release date for A20.  Such a sorry excuse for AI! 😁

well after all AI = artificial intelligence and that seems close to humanity to me. so i am thinking they based AI off of human behavior... OMG we are in trouble now... well i am off to find a large rock to hide under. :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Roland said:

After 9 years there is still no game quite like 7 Days to Die. Appreciate your concern for their welfare but they are still in a great position. Perhaps if there was no version to actually play and we were all waiting to get the game in the first place and following news of development behind closed doors you might have a point. But we've all been playing the game and having fun these past 9 years and getting updates at no additional cost so....

Excuse me for telling you, but that thing about there being no game like 7 days to die... is not true.

The players hope that even after 9 years of experience (it is no longer in early access) and also that with an RTX 3060 - 3080 it has hordes of FPS drops, it leaves a lot to be said for optimization and dedication in the game...

And I don't want it to seem like I'm saying it in a bad way, I just think they've had enough time to fix those little details and that the updates don't take so long to arrive that a team is increased in 9 years.

1 minute ago, MrKioha said:

Excuse me for telling you, but that thing about there being no game like 7 days to die... is not true.

Excuse me for telling you, but I don't think your translator caught my meaning. There is a difference between "no game quite like" and "no game like". Sure, there are tons of survival games out there and lots of voxel building games and lots of zombie shooters and lots of tower defense. But there are no games that combine all the elements in the way that 7 days to die has. There are very few open world first person shooters that focus first on single player and cooperative play leaving PVP multiplayer as the afterthought. Usually it is the other way around because of the huge potential for greater cash. Although there are lots of games that have similarities to 7 Days to Die, it is still a pretty unique experience which is why people who play lots of other survival, zombie, shooter, tower defense type games, they keep coming back to 7 Days to Die.

8 minutes ago, MrKioha said:

The players hope that even after 9 years of experience (it is no longer in early access)

It is in early access. That's a fact. The official banner on the store page is a good clue. The list of future features that still need to be added is another. The length of time has nothing to do with whether a game is in early access or not. It all has to do with whether the 1.0 version has been released or not and the developers inform Steam to remove the Early Access status. You're welcome to your opinion but facts are facts.

12 minutes ago, MrKioha said:

and also that with an RTX 3060 - 3080 it has hordes of FPS drops, it leaves a lot to be said for optimization and dedication in the game...

You purchased a game that is still in development. The game is also CPU bound meaning that your RTX 3000 series card is not going to offer much more power than a 2000 series card. They are always working on optimizations which says a lot about their dedication. If you don't want to play a game that is still in process of being worked on then simply shelve it until it is done. There are plenty of games to play that your video card will do justice.

15 minutes ago, MrKioha said:

And I don't want it to seem like I'm saying it in a bad way, I just think they've had enough time to fix those little details and that the updates don't take so long to arrive that a team is increased in 9 years.

I understand you aren't trying to insult them. Thanks! I do think you are wrong about how much time it should take. I don't think you really know how much time it should take. You play video games. They make video games. They have to pay for the development and they seem to be okay with the pace at which they are going and I can attest that they are very busy day in and day out. Nobody is slacking. This game is their foundation upon which they have future projects planned. Thanks to the time and experimentation and work they've put into this game and the systems they've developed, their future projects should develop much faster. So this first game is taking them a long time. Nobody denies that. But they've allowed people to play it during the past nine years. So it hasn't been pure waiting while only looking at screenshots and models and reading about it without being able to play. 

How much Starfield have you been playing? Will you be playing an unfinished version of Starfield from now until November?

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Excuse me for telling you, but I don't think your translator caught my meaning. There is a difference between "no game quite like" and "no game like". Sure, there are tons of survival games out there and lots of voxel building games and lots of zombie shooters and lots of tower defense. But there are no games that combine all the elements in the way that 7 days to die has. There are very few open world first person shooters that focus first on single player and cooperative play leaving PVP multiplayer as the afterthought. Usually it is the other way around because of the huge potential for greater cash. Although there are lots of games that have similarities to 7 Days to Die, it is still a pretty unique experience which is why people who play lots of other survival, zombie, shooter, tower defense type games, they keep coming back to 7 Days to Die.

It is in early access. That's a fact. The official banner on the store page is a good clue. The list of future features that still need to be added is another. The length of time has nothing to do with whether a game is in early access or not. It all has to do with whether the 1.0 version has been released or not and the developers inform Steam to remove the Early Access status. You're welcome to your opinion but facts are facts.

You purchased a game that is still in development. The game is also CPU bound meaning that your RTX 3000 series card is not going to offer much more power than a 2000 series card. They are always working on optimizations which says a lot about their dedication. If you don't want to play a game that is still in process of being worked on then simply shelve it until it is done. There are plenty of games to play that your video card will do justice.

I understand you aren't trying to insult them. Thanks! I do think you are wrong about how much time it should take. I don't think you really know how much time it should take. You play video games. They make video games. They have to pay for the development and they seem to be okay with the pace at which they are going and I can attest that they are very busy day in and day out. Nobody is slacking. This game is their foundation upon which they have future projects planned. Thanks to the time and experimentation and work they've put into this game and the systems they've developed, their future projects should develop much faster. So this first game is taking them a long time. Nobody denies that. But they've allowed people to play it during the past nine years. So it hasn't been pure waiting while only looking at screenshots and models and reading about it without being able to play. 

How much Starfield have you been playing? Will you be playing an unfinished version of Starfield from now until November?

Personally I think that comparing starfield is not a good example since it comes from a company with a history of many years, I am not saying that they do not work on the game but that other games with smaller teams (also in early access) polish these factors more , for me I hope (and hoped) that after a few years (quite a few) the game would have hit a growth spurt more than.

I hope that alpha 21 will not take long and with the number of users that we have acquired the game (there must be considerable capital to carry out the work, which I have no doubt that they will do great)

14 minutes ago, MrKioha said:

Personally I think that comparing starfield is not a good example since it comes from a company with a history of many years, I am not saying that they do not work on the game but that other games with smaller teams (also in early access) polish these factors more , for me I hope (and hoped) that after a few years (quite a few) the game would have hit a growth spurt more than.

I hope that alpha 21 will not take long and with the number of users that we have acquired the game (there must be considerable capital to carry out the work, which I have no doubt that they will do great)

Well TFP has a history of many years too. ;)

Please add: Zombie Airship Pilots.

Wearing old World War 1 goggles.

Maybe holding an exotic German pistol.  (But that's not required).

This will be the teaser that prepares players for Hindenburg sized Zeplins of course.

I'm here to help.

56 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

Please add: Zombie Airship Pilots.

Wearing old World War 1 goggles.

Maybe holding an exotic German pistol.  (But that's not required).

This will be the teaser that prepares players for Hindenburg sized Zeplins of course.

I think you had me at "World War 1 googles"! :excitement:

The pistol could be a P38...given to WWI Germany from WW2 Germany via Die Glocke!

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Decided to ask just out of curiosity. I noticed that many people write that at some point the game becomes boring ... Have you tried playing with friends? but not in co-op, but in pvp. It adds emotionality and sharpness. When you arrange a base somewhere, you try not to shine. And at the same time, you yourself listen, sniff in search of your friends in order to kick their ass, to raid their base. And if you happen to be discovered, look for a new place, move, rebuild. The game has many features that will not let you get bored. You just need to be smart) do not be sad, friends! and good day to all!)

9 hours ago, DuHast_Play said:

Decided to ask just out of curiosity. I noticed that many people write that at some point the game becomes boring ... Have you tried playing with friends? but not in co-op, but in pvp. It adds emotionality and sharpness. When you arrange a base somewhere, you try not to shine. And at the same time, you yourself listen, sniff in search of your friends in order to kick their ass, to raid their base. And if you happen to be discovered, look for a new place, move, rebuild. The game has many features that will not let you get bored. You just need to be smart) do not be sad, friends! and good day to all!)

The game has too bad network code for PVP to be taken seriously.There are plenty of other games for a good PVP experience.The whole atmosphere is lost in the cooperative.I have never understood people who play co-op games as playful projects completely ignoring the atmosphere and goals of the game.I would only be interested in an rp cooperative.Everything is bad with the servers themselves.They are not regulated by anyone and you can be banned or taken away at any time.Perhaps official servers with support and their own forums would fix the situation.But if I remember correctly, official support is stated for 8 players, which is not enough for PVP servers.Only if the co-op.

10 hours ago, DuHast_Play said:

Just play mods. That's my suggestion. 7 days to die is made for overhaul mod creativity. Darkness Falls, Undead Legacy, Sorcery, Age of Oblivion and on and on.  

On 3/11/2023 at 7:42 PM, Zombiepoptard said:

Just play mods. That's my suggestion. 7 days to die is made for overhaul mod creativity. Darkness Falls, Undead Legacy, Sorcery, Age of Oblivion and on and on.  

My friend and I are just hanging out in Undead Legacy) I really liked that crafting has become more logical, various workbenches have been added. more doors and transport. And there are more game settings. We set the maximum time per day) and of course we play not so much in a co-op, but in a trade union, with notes of PVP.
well, in the vanilla version they made a pvp server for 4 people. It’s just that my laptop doesn’t really pull the game, but there’s no other iron yet ... and it’s even worse in fashion ... it freezes for a long time, crashes ... It’s sad, but there’s nothing to do ..

On 3/11/2023 at 7:13 PM, mstdv inc said:

The game has too bad network code for PVP to be taken seriously.There are plenty of other games for a good PVP experience.The whole atmosphere is lost in the cooperative.I have never understood people who play co-op games as playful projects completely ignoring the atmosphere and goals of the game.I would only be interested in an rp cooperative.Everything is bad with the servers themselves.They are not regulated by anyone and you can be banned or taken away at any time.Perhaps official servers with support and their own forums would fix the situation.But if I remember correctly, official support is stated for 8 players, which is not enough for PVP servers.Only if the co-op.

I don’t agree. What is a cooperative game, what is PVP ... everything goes equally well (if the ping is adequate)). Haven't had any problems in over two months. And those that were, are related to the fact that I play on a laptop .. not even on a gaming laptop ... at 15 FPS ... at about medium settings ... it sounds sad ...