Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

9 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I make weapons, and armor funny enough games like 7DTD and Ark inspired me.

my first forge i made was like 7DTDs but made from concrete rocks.... Thats how you make a bomb in your backyard (concrete explodes/pops in high heat)
i also used a cast ior frying pan as my anvil....... and a Blowing ball 

im working on making the iron armor set but i need to make new tools

Interesting... but what purpose do medieval weapons and armor have today?

Is it just a hobby? Do you sell them to somebody? ... Anyway, it's cool. Good for you! :thumb:

45 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Interesting... but what purpose do medieval weapons and armor have today?

Is it just a hobby? Do you sell them to somebody? ... Anyway, it's cool. Good for you! :thumb:

Actual use, none really.  Not sure what they do with what they make, but I know I collect swords.  I knew a blacksmith who made Damascus knives as well as other weapons, including a double bladed battle axe/great axe that had a head as wide as someone's shoulders and a haft long enough for it to be about 6 feet to the top of the blades.  Someone using it in a battle would have to be very strong because it was bigger than normal, but that's what the person who ordered it wanted.  He sold them and made good money doing so.

And a lot of people, including myself, enjoy Renaissance festivals and faires and will wear armor and carry weapons there.  Many reasons to make them and it could even just be the enjoyment of learning to make something like that. 😁

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

On 3/19/2023 at 4:50 AM, Jost Amman said:

Why are you even asking? You know he signed an NDA.

He can't show content unless TFP themselves authorize him.

Why TF have you got an anvil?? :suspicious:

Do you shoe horses? :confused2:

is it strange to own an anvil?  I am not a metal worker but sometimes you need to bend a bracket and the vice or bench do not suffice for a surface for my 10 lb sledge to swing at.   

6 hours ago, KenGross said:

is it strange to own an anvil?  I am not a metal worker but sometimes you need to bend a bracket and the vice or bench do not suffice for a surface for my 10 lb sledge to swing at.   

Well, if you're a professional, there are nowadays electric machines that do that with pinpoint precision on the bending angle. :) 

On 3/22/2023 at 10:20 AM, Mumpfy said:

OCD - this is the way

On 3/22/2023 at 11:11 AM, Jost Amman said:

What people are talking about now is not "quality", it's OCD.

On 3/22/2023 at 11:15 AM, Mumpfy said:

i am the worst ocd guy ever so im not gonna say its not.

Man, you people really don’t get what OCD is.

Edited by Prydonian (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, Prydonian said:

good to know. ill let my doc know im cured.

was a funny joke until i actually had to go back and check how many edits i made and do one more edit it again to make it even.

Edited by Mumpfy (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, Prydonian said:

A few of us like to mess with him by posting images with just slightly off characteristics, because it's funny and we know he's going to fix the image and repost, then spend two weeks doing it better.

Well, funny to us. :)

Point is, dude is ocd.

13 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Well, if you're a professional, there are nowadays electric machines that do that with pinpoint precision on the bending angle. :) 

Ah maybe I misread your post.  Yes anyone in the profession with any money would defiantly have a power hammer, a hydrolytic press, a bandsaw, a tubing bender.  metal lathe, maybe a Bridgeport or two.  but even they usually still have an anvil or sometimes 5...lol and then you have your average blue collar worker that kind of equipment is just not in the budget and an anvil just makes sense.

1 hour ago, KenGross said:

Ah maybe I misread your post.  Yes anyone in the profession with any money would defiantly have a power hammer, a hydrolytic press, a bandsaw, a tubing bender.  metal lathe, maybe a Bridgeport or two.  but even they usually still have an anvil or sometimes 5...lol and then you have your average blue collar worker that kind of equipment is just not in the budget and an anvil just makes sense.

As a white collar, I find that odd. Anything at work that I have the right to use for work, I also have the right (in my contract no less) to use for "reasonable personal use". 

Want to game on my work laptop? Not a problem. Going camping and want to borrow the Starlink unit - boss checks that nobody else needs it for work, and if it's free, mine. Want to put some new WiFi APs in my house? RF spectrum analyser is mine for the weekend (it's all going software these days anyway).

Why would a blue collar have his own tools? Are you not allowed to stay back and use them? A mate of mine is a mechanic and we used to use the workshop on weekends. But even then, I understood that due to OHS/Insurance reasons, that was his boss being quite trusting and generous.

40 minutes ago, Pernicious said:

As a white collar, I find that odd. Anything at work that I have the right to use for work, I also have the right (in my contract no less) to use for "reasonable personal use". 

Want to game on my work laptop? Not a problem. Going camping and want to borrow the Starlink unit - boss checks that nobody else needs it for work, and if it's free, mine. Want to put some new WiFi APs in my house? RF spectrum analyser is mine for the weekend (it's all going software these days anyway).

Why would a blue collar have his own tools? Are you not allowed to stay back and use them? A mate of mine is a mechanic and we used to use the workshop on weekends. But even then, I understood that due to OHS/Insurance reasons, that was his boss being quite trusting and generous.

That all depends on where you work.  Many smaller companies and family owned businesses are more willing to allow that.  And many of the larger companies will as well.  It is how the big name companies compete to get the best employees.  Adding extra benefits like that is cheap, but makes employees happy, so they tend to do that.  But I think most of the mid sized companies are less likely to allow that from my experience... even white collar.

Besides, people can have hobbies that they don't do at work, so would need their own tools.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Mumpfy said:

good to know. ill let my doc know im cured.

was a funny joke until i actually had to go back and check how many edits i made and do one more edit it again to make it even.

My sincere apologies.  You and me both.  I just get so very, very, very, very sick of hearing people use it as a goofy euphemism for being picky, and seeing it three times in five minutes got on my last untrodden nerve today.  I also failed to notice two of them were from the same person. 🤦‍♂️

10 hours ago, Guppycur said:

A few of us like to mess with him by posting images with just slightly off characteristics, because it's funny and we know he's going to fix the image and repost, then spend two weeks doing it better.

Well, funny to us. :)

Point is, dude is ocd.

It’s a testament to my frayed nerves that I thought for minute you might actually do that.  With that in mind, for the love of all that’s holy, I beg you to stop using it as an adjective.  For me.  As a favor.  

2 hours ago, Prydonian said:

It’s a testament to my frayed nerves that I thought for minute you might actually do that.  With that in mind, for the love of all that’s holy, I beg you to stop using it as an adjective.  For me.  As a favor.  

Then you should also ask the IGF to stop using the word "handicap" to express a disadvantage... it's offensive toward people who have a real handicap.

If we start controlling how words are commonly used and start to take offense on everything, we'll end up deleting most of the people's daily jargon.

When people use the word OCD that way it's in no shape, way or form, intended as an offense against people who have real OCD.

The same way as the word handicap in golf is not intended to offend people with a real handicap.

So, please stop with this victimhood mentality and get rid of it, you'll live better.

You think I'm harsh? No, I'm not. I'm treating you exactly as I would treat any other forum member: it's also a form of respect. Peace.

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Then you should also ask the IGF to stop using the word "handicap" to express a disadvantage... it's offensive toward people who have a real handicap.

If we start controlling how words are commonly used and start to take offense on everything, we'll end up deleting most of the people's daily jargon.

When people use the word OCD that way it's in no shape, way or form, intended as an offense against people who have real OCD.

The same way as the word handicap in golf is not intended to offend people with a real handicap.

So, please stop with this victimhood mentality and get rid of it, you'll live better.

You think I'm harsh? No, I'm not. I'm treating you exactly as I would treat any other forum member: it's also a form of respect. Peace.

You’re way off-target.  I don’t want it used as an adjective because it’s a crime against language.  It’s a freakin’ noun.  When it comes to usage, the internet slang application is just too damn stupid to live.  Demand more eloquence from your colloquialisms.  If you want to come up with a less clumsy way to slangify “OCD,” I’m all for it, and I’ll consider your grant proposal.  

Now, as for taking offense, you’re certainly welcome to your opinion - I’m rabidly opposed to hyper-cautious language myself - but there are some major logical flaws in your golf parallel and your assumption about my underlying mentality is a wide miss, though understandable.  I’m not keen to discuss it further, though, for a whole host of reasons, not least because I’m aware I dragged things WAY off topic.  

26 minutes ago, Prydonian said:

I don’t want it used as an adjective because it’s a crime against language.

Well, then you'll be horrified hearing that it has been already used as a verb! :heh:

By the way... sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were one of those language SJWs. :rolleyes2:

7 hours ago, Prydonian said:

My sincere apologies.  You and me both.  I just get so very, very, very, very sick of hearing people use it as a goofy euphemism for being picky, and seeing it three times in five minutes got on my last untrodden nerve today.  I also failed to notice two of them were from the same person. 🤦‍♂️

Some people live their lives defining themselves by their characteristics... 

Others get to live lives.

Choose the latter. 

16 hours ago, Code6 said:

I think it should appear empty or nearly empty.  I've never seen an in-game vending machine with that many available items.

The current vending machines hide the contents and I have to access it to see what happens to be inside.  This makes sense given the changing inventory.

The static picture of so many goodies makes me want to smash through the glass with my stone axe and take everything.

since i kind of started this i just want to be clear, yes i said what i said about the buttons because thats kind of how my brain works and as soon as i saw it i couldnt help to say what didnt made sense to me. now I have it clear that its imposible for technical and practical reasons to have it working as a real thing would.

Sure we all would love the machine actually displaying the items it currently has in stock, yes would be a great feature to drop a coin in and see the product move and all those pretty details, but we all know that takes a tremendous amount of time for just a detail that as awesome as it would be its not really necesary.

for me, the difference is that fixing the buttons numbers to make sense its an easy fix without need of major fixing or redoing.

the model is good and it looks great, and its a decent common ground between what would be "perfect" and what we can get. i was not trying to annoy either the artist who made it or the pimps, i thought of it as constructive criticism. because thats how i work, im actually thankful when someone points out something like this to me when its my work and i go fix it as soon as possible, when i can.

about the ocd thing i think its a personal thing and people react differently to it so, to each its own. nodoby is ocd, people suffers from an ocd disorder and affects each at a different level. guppy and people who know me know where i stand about it and we talk and play around about it in different ways because we know each other and there is trust. so that maybe translated in the wrong way for someone else having this condition. but there was never a bad intention about it.

also have in mind my texts are sometimes hard to get for people in the way i intent or may be seen as too frontal. on one side because english is not my first language and on the other side because im kind of a d ck.

and thats all i had to say, now go fix my tits.... and the buttons if possible.

11 minutes ago, Mumpfy said:

since i kind of started this i just want to be clear, yes i said what i said about the buttons because thats kind of how my brain works and as soon as i saw it i couldnt help to say what didnt made sense to me. now I have it clear that its imposible for technical and practical reasons to have it working as a real thing would.

Sure we all would love the machine actually displaying the items it currently has in stock, yes would be a great feature to drop a coin in and see the product move and all those pretty details, but we all know that takes a tremendous amount of time for just a detail that as awesome as it would be its not really necesary.

for me, the difference is that fixing the buttons numbers to make sense its an easy fix without need of major fixing or redoing.

the model is good and it looks great, and its a decent common ground between what would be "perfect" and what we can get. i was not trying to annoy either the artist who made it or the pimps, i thought of it as constructive criticism. because thats how i work, im actually thankful when someone points out something like this to me when its my work and i go fix it as soon as possible, when i can.

about the ocd thing i think its a personal thing and people react differently to it so, to each its own. nodoby is ocd, people suffers from an ocd disorder and affects each at a different level. guppy and people who know me know where i stand about it and we talk and play around about it in different ways because we know each other and there is trust. so that maybe translated in the wrong way for someone else having this condition. but there was never a bad intention about it.

also have in mind my texts are sometimes hard to get for people in the way i intent or may be seen as too frontal. on one side because english is not my first language and on the other side because im kind of a d ck.

and thats all i had to say, now go fix my tits.... and the buttons if possible.

You need to go to the bug report section of the forums and show them your tits. I mean the problem with your nipples, I mean the nipples, the skin of the tits. From the mesh. From the girl. The zombie one.

On a serious note,  reports here often get overlooked due to the sheer amount of posts. So if you make a proper report there, a ticket will be issued by QA and the problem will be fixed sooner than later. 

27 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

I've always liked you.

funny part is you think the red ball would bother me, when actually the fact that those rectangles aint square and that they are not correctly distributed in space between each other its what triggers me.

1XIk3Zt.png

I heard that the new character models have been pushed back and wont be in a21 I haven't seen if this is true or not I just checked the feature list for a21 but its not there its also not on the delayed Features either just hoping that I can get some conformation on if they are going to be in a21 or not its the main feature I've been waiting for since they first announced it a few years ago. thx

On 3/24/2023 at 2:26 PM, Spinkxx said:

I heard that the new character models have been pushed back and wont be in a21 I haven't seen if this is true or not I just checked the feature list for a21 but its not there its also not on the delayed Features either just hoping that I can get some conformation on if they are going to be in a21 or not its the main feature I've been waiting for since they first announced it a few years ago. thx

They didn't get them all done and won't in time for A21. They are well into it but it is one of those things that they refuse to have some that look good and then by comparison some that look bad so they won't put them in until they can switch out everything at once. So the answer is no to A21 but a very good possibility for A22. they hadn't even started them before A21 and now they are well into it. 

The bandit models, player character models, and outfits are all interconnected and hopefully will all be done for A22 without causing A22 to get delayed.

A20 almost ruined the multiplayer scene by causing high populations servers not to be able to run high populations on....... but i have great news now for everyone now! A coder has optimized the game to use multiple cores which allows servers now to have a player count way more than ever before. Let me tell you people ive been an admin for 7d2d over 22000 hours in game and been around alot of years supporting this game but never have i ever seen a mod more important that what this coder has done.  I sure hope some day the pimps recognize this guy and give him the credit he needs. Anyone who has been around knows who im talking about but with all that being said, i give my consent for a21 to be released because now i know high population mutlitplayer well be possible with the works and effort this coder hasimage.png.17f0a8802fa73331d4f1e8ed1b916924.png done. The current seed a20 our server is on maxed at 52 players and could have easily had alot more.