Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

48 minutes ago, Roland said:

Because the TRUE April fools joke was to post something on the day that was really truly real and have people think it was just a joke. And you fell for it hook line and sinker. 😂

Erm, yeah - except I didn't fall for anything and I am genuinely confused about the post...

So I have no idea what you're laughing at. Also, I believe my previous post; and again, I am happy to be wrong, stated the conditional 'if' and asking if it was a joke because of the late posting.

That's to be indifferent to whether its a joke or not, thus not invested in either it is or it isn't, thus not in a position to have fallen for anything.

I do have a followup question for the devs though, and anyone may answer - since the models are as of yet; and perhaps indefinitely non-driveable (outside modding), how difficult or easy would it be for you guys to make them drivable vanilla? 🤔

Cheers.

53 minutes ago, Roland said:

Madmole is busy working on one of the next big A21 reveals (may God have mercy on our souls)…

He removed the first two difficulty levels from the game, to make us tougher and complain less ? I knew it ! 

47 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Just to temper expectations, I'd imagine that Sharp Sticks thing could just be a book cover on a bookshelf rather than anything like a book series that effects gameplay etc

29 minutes ago, beerfly said:

He removed the first two difficulty levels from the game, to make us tougher and complain less ? I knew it ! 

Maybe... :)

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Maybe... :)

SKELETON PROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT? I'M RIGHT?  

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

2 hours ago, Deadfordays said:

I have a quick question regarding the Bandits, (I'm not sure I saw the same question asked?).

We typically play on a dedicated server with 4-5 players, so most of the way we are used to playing is multiplayer with specific roles for each of us.  

Since there are more of us, it makes Horde nights very fun since the Zombie numbers are based on player count. 

Would this be the same way with the bandits? 

As in solo playing = 4 Bandit spawns, 4 players = 16? Or something to that effect? 

Thanks for any input and keep up the great work!

Hm this depends about bandit's POI for sure

6 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

Erm, yeah - except I didn't fall for anything and I am genuinely confused about the post...

So I have no idea what you're laughing at.

I'm laughing at this:

17 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

Yes it is artwork, but being a joke, why is it included on a development diary frontpage?

That is you stating that you thought it was just a joke when in fact it was not a joke.

6 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

That's to be indifferent to whether its a joke or not, thus not invested in either it is or it isn't, thus not in a position to have fallen for anything.

Whatever...if it helps you to deny that you thought it was a joke and felt annoyed and confused by it enough to ask why it was included in the gallery being that you thought it was a joke-- and now you want to claim "indifference"....fine. There were plenty on twitter dismissing it as just a joke post besides you.

But whether we caught you specifically or not, the April fools joke this year was a reverse joke. Sharp Sticks Magazine is real and it does affect gameplay. How it affects gameplay will have to wait until the devs are ready to reveal.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I'm laughing at this:

That is you stating that you thought it was just a joke when in fact it was not a joke.

Whatever...if it helps you to deny that you thought it was a joke and felt annoyed and confused by it enough to ask why it was included in the gallery being that you thought it was a joke-- and now you want to claim "indifference"....fine. There were plenty on twitter dismissing it as just a joke post besides you.

But whether we caught you specifically or not, the April fools joke this year was a reverse joke. Sharp Sticks Magazine is real and it does affect gameplay. How it affects gameplay will have to wait until the devs are ready to reveal.

That was based on if, and what other people seemed to think, not what I think.

Toddle off back to Orwells 1984 and leave me to my own thoughts thanks 🤷🏻‍♂️

Speaking of Orwell - seems like yours is a post straight out of The Ministry of Truth - since my original response was:

'What's this? It obviously can't be an April fools joke - not on the 2nd of April anyway...'

Passing comment opened with a question, not an assertion, and a reasonable suspicion of it not being a joke, something you ironically laugh at; using my second comment (in response to another user stating it was an April the 1st post) as me taking it as a joke, but ommitting my initial response as seeing it as not a joke.

Lol.

Edited by Beelzebubs Ghost (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

Speaking of Orwell - seems like yours is a post straight out of The Ministry of Truth - since my original response was:

'What's this? It obviously can't be an April fools joke - not on the 2nd of April anyway...'

Passing comment opened with a question, not an assertion, and a reasonable suspicion of it not being a joke, something you ironically laugh at; using my second comment (in response to another user stating it was an April the 1st post) as me taking it as a joke, but ommitting my initial response as seeing it as not a joke.

Lol.

okay..okay... Your indifference has overwhelmed me....

3 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

Lol.

calculating-puzzled.gif

On 4/12/2022 at 1:50 AM, Crater Creator said:

I take your point that the behavior is working as intended.  However it's overzealous to say that's not a bug.  It can still be a localization bug, if the game tells the player "NO TRADER" in situations where that's an objectively false statement.  The fix could be what Blake's talking about where the mission resolves itself, or it could be changing the localization to say "No traders meet criteria" or similar.

Being a bug though is not the right terminology (I know, I am nitpicking here again).  Probably the best description of it is that their selection criteria for the initial Go To Trader quest would be a tad restrictive in non-standard generated maps or that the notification message is lacking details for the user.  I think it would be more overzealous to say a fix is not needed at all (which is not my position), but like I said - I was just being nitpicking since I have experience in troubleshooting mechanical / electrical equipment so a good description of what you are seeing and what you expect to see helps to figure out what needs to be fixed.  😉

I changed that bit of code myself when I was changing my spawn locations to include non-pine forest biomes so I agree that some resolution needs to be done (and because I played this so often and know the underlining code, I already knew what the message actually means so I didn't have the communication misunderstanding that others are having with less background knowledge of the code).

50 minutes ago, Roland said:

Shouldn't as long as the devs aren't out of their depth

It's not a big deal. If it turns out they can't do it in time then it's water under the bridge and it could mean improvements in other areas for us. Not that I'm fishing for information mind you.

12 minutes ago, Roland said:

Hail yeah!

That's stretching it, man. Lol. 

2 hours ago, JStanleyF said:

I'd like to see roamers inside the POIs in addition to sleepers

There will hopefully be wandering sleepers coming in a21. Haven't checked to see if it is confirmed but hopefully it will be as it was planned for a20 at first. 

2 hours ago, Blake_ said:

It's not a big deal. If it turns out they can't do it in time then it's water under the bridge and it could mean improvements in other areas for us. Not that I'm fishing for information mind you.

42 minutes ago, Astronomical said:

It could be an ocean of content.

18 minutes ago, Roland said:

Hail yeah!

Guys i'm so thirsty about how water will looks like