Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

31 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

I can't find this westwood mod you're speaking of. Do you have a link? I use Khaines, but my biggest gripe with it is the fact that I have to set every time I start the game. Curious if this other version remembers what you lock, even after rebooting the game.

The author is Westwud.

The mod is here.

https://7daystodiemods.com/quickstack/

I am afraid that this one also does not remember the locked slots when you reboot game but I can live with that to be able to lock specific slots in my inventory.

I have not tried the quickstack option so not sure how well that works as I just wanted it for the locking part.

On 5/1/2022 at 7:38 PM, overgoat said:

Feature Request for A21:  Could we please get an option to favorite or lock items in your inventory?  This could prevent accidental scrapping/selling/or transferring when doing transfer all.  I just accidentally scrapped my nerdy glasses today which made me think of this, but it could also be useful for keeping a stack of fuel in your vehicle that doesn't get moved out by when you select all inventory or a stack of first aid kits in your drone that you don't want to take out.  

the amount of times i broke my gun while scraping......

i don't want to admit it

19 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Also, I'm curious if there are plans to go more into PvP.  I've only played heavily modded PVP games because the design just isn't set up for quick matches. Will there be any additional modes?

I hope not xd  i hope it will be more focused on PVE because... well 7dtd need more enemy types. PVP is good for rust or dunno fortnite

Something I've been working on is this:

https://youtu.be/azGWj_Jbd40

This looks too much like japanish arcade games

Also, madmole promised me horde mode would make a return.  I know you came on board after horde mode was gone but I'm wondering if you have played it or seen it or if it really is coming back.

Well zombie horde mode would be good

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

I hope not xd  i hope it will be more focused on PVE because... well 7dtd need more enemy types. PVP is good for rust or dunno fortnite

...then you lack imagination.  A pvp game with a truly destructible environment and the ability to create custom defenses is fun as hell.  It just needs a mode that bypasses all of the grindy stuff to take advantage of it. 

9 hours ago, Guppycur said:

...then you lack imagination.  A pvp game with a truly destructible environment and the ability to create custom defenses is fun as hell.  It just needs a mode that bypasses all of the grindy stuff to take advantage of it. 

That's why i mean - grind is point of  X years after zombie post apo. So... there is no chance to make in this same time good PVP and PVE using this same mode ( well SP and MP is this same mode honestly - diffrents mode are Warzone as PVP and Zombies as PVE in cod). If you add powerful zombie types it would broke PVP. If you debuff zombie to make PVP bigger threat it will be bad as PVE.  Well this is l4d2 to works good PVP and PVE in this same time ( small fact - it's not even  this same. maps in l4d2 in Versus are .... diffrents variants - you can easy spot this in dead center in... center and on cementary in parish) - so if npc have to be treat pvp need to works that's way as it works now. There is rust , ark , conan , dayz itd and this game are dominated by PVP. So if there is big number of PVP just left 7dtd PVE. 

7 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

instead of putting mods in the appdata, which is a hidden file and most people will have to google how to get to it. why dont you put it in the My documents/games folder where they can easily get to it? I mean that is where bethesda and many other gaming companies put some of their stuf.

In steam or MS store  versions? because  mods  oftten don't works in MS store skyrim version

12 hours ago, Guppycur said:

So some sort of GNAMod Horde Mode for pvp?

On 5/2/2022 at 3:02 PM, Blake_ said:

That's a great QoL suggestion. It would make dumping and sorting items even easier, and faster. 

Yes! I've only dabbled with a few mods in this game, and one of the did exactly that, and it was a game changer!

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

In steam or MS store  versions? because  mods  oftten don't works in MS store skyrim version

well mostly the problems arise if you install in a windows default directory such as program files. several gaming companies suggested years back to create a game directory or install programs to its own directory outside of the windows default directories to bypass this lil problem.
for the last 10 years I have been installing to c:/games or d:/games for this or similar reasons

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

On 5/1/2022 at 7:38 PM, overgoat said:

Feature Request for A21:  Could we please get an option to favorite or lock items in your inventory?

Are you aware that there is a mod available now that does this? Would be nice to have in vanilla, but if you'd like this functionality, you can have it now.

Edited by plzkthxbye (see edit history)

On 5/3/2022 at 3:54 PM, Gamida said:

Are you also doing a Canadian version.

Bang

"Sorry"

Bang

"Didn't meant that eh"

Bang

"Accident. Here have all my Dukes"

I second this. I've been living in the Canadian biome for a while and I'm not seeing any igloos, caribou, polar bears, or evidence of any maple syrup business conglomerates. #ImmersionBroken

At least TFP got the representation right with the lumberjacks. ;)

On 5/1/2022 at 9:08 PM, overgoat said:

Feature Request for A21:  Could we please get an option to favorite or lock items in your inventory?  This could prevent accidental scrapping/selling/or transferring when doing transfer all.  I just accidentally scrapped my nerdy glasses today which made me think of this, but it could also be useful for keeping a stack of fuel in your vehicle that doesn't get moved out by when you select all inventory or a stack of first aid kits in your drone that you don't want to take out.  

5 hours ago, plzkthxbye said:

Are you aware that there is a mod available now that does this? Would be nice to have in vanilla, but if you'd like this functionality, you can have it now.

We discussed this in another post.  You can start checking it out here

We do mention 2 or 3 mods if you are interested.

On 3/19/2022 at 8:29 AM, Crater Creator said:

RWG has come a huge way this last alpha, but yeah, I've been curious if TFP intends for traders to always be on that same plot, or if this is transitory until more trader-supporting RWG zones are added.  I have a hunch that half of all A20 bases are built on that same empty field opposite the trader. :suspicion:

being called out here ...

On 3/24/2022 at 11:42 AM, Matt115 said:

One mistake. You can't sell endlessly because trader will be anymore interested in buying it. So this is not effective. Sure it can be done but .... is so ineffective . And honestly looting is inefective too - it is more efective just doing quest and get bullets + buying bullets + brass + bullet casing. smelt coin need wood = more time spended on mining. Why wood not coal? because you need coal to make gunpowder. there is a lot random things here -  how far are traders, how POI you mostly get, which POI is nearby and are restardted by quests, Air drops etc. so your suggestion is very ineffective way.  About looting - this depends on your like , how POI are far from you and which type of them etc. so = copper ore would make mining more effective and doing quests less - how looting is efective is hard to say because one person can found 2000 brass in this same time and another person only 20. And there is more things to do in this same time etc.

So let say copper is added and steel parts cutted:

You have team of 2 persons - 1 is mining, cutting tree , building crafting, 2 is farming, looting doing quests ,scavenging  making food ,

1. person is cutting trees for wood to makes weapons, tools, buidling, smiting itd, mining ores  and doing building and take care about base while making vehicles etc

2. looting making quests in this same time

1. person making ammo , here came 2 person and give 1 a found weapons and 1 give 2 a ammo and better pickaxe etc so both of them doing things effective.

And now it how is looking now -

both of them have to mining ineffective ( perks ) , looting ineffective etc. because 1 person would be afk without brass because he can't making ammo without brining brass by 2 person. And his job is after time pointeless because 2 person will find steel pickaxe and axe faster that 1 person will get steel tools parts to make steel tools

Making ammo is honestly so much less desirable then just finding it - I agree entirely.

1 hour ago, zztong said:

I wonder if Bandits will keep living dogs as pets?

It would be a funny thing if they did, considering we ended up with a ridiculous drone which turned out to not only be far less useful than I first imagined, but also seems to slow my game down at times with checks.

If they did have dogs as pets (which I genuinely would love) then I would be fine with the ai.

Given that bandit encounters are by the sounds of it largely going to be outdoor encounters then pathing doesn't seem to be an issue. Given that zombie dogs may or may not path through buildings, and where obstructions occur, they attack - to keep things sensible I would prefer bandit dogs, wolves, and any player tamed wolf (if any of this were ever to happen) to just go round in circles when they can't reach a player.

That a wolf can bite through concrete if provoked enough is obscene, that zombie dogs would persist in chewing on a door is more in line with the Zed reality in that their mindless targetting plays to that.

Just some thoughts.

2 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

It would be a funny thing if they did, considering we ended up with a ridiculous drone which turned out to not only be far less useful than I first imagined, but also seems to slow my game down at times with checks.

If they did have dogs as pets (which I genuinely would love) then I would be fine with the ai.

Given that bandit encounters are by the sounds of it largely going to be outdoor encounters then pathing doesn't seem to be an issue. Given that zombie dogs may or may not path through buildings, and where obstructions occur, they attack - to keep things sensible I would prefer bandit dogs, wolves, and any player tamed wolf (if any of this were ever to happen) to just go round in circles when they can't reach a player.

That a wolf can bite through concrete if provoked enough is obscene, that zombie dogs would persist in chewing on a door is more in line with the Zed reality in that their mindless targetting plays to that.

Just some thoughts.

There is no path to the player if he is on a pedestal.

15 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

2 things the drone does well. 

1-  7DTD's answer to Lydia in Skyrim. always in front of you blocking shots and blocking doorways.

2-  instantly destroy all stealth. which kind of makes sense as drones are very noisy in reality so an apocalypse drone wouldnt be quiet. 

i have a level 3 drone with 2 cargo mods in it. It lives in the bike and is only used to carry excess loot the bike cant hold...

On 5/6/2022 at 6:07 PM, Survager said:

Изображение

Hi DEV's, what is this, and why we can see it only in Navezgane?
Is this a big poster that will only be found in Navezgane in Alpha 21?

I've always understood the use of the word "Navezgane" as the name of the fictional world in which 7DTD takes place, not just the pre-generated world you can select in the game. When they say Navezgane, they mean 7DTD in general, not that specific map. That's just me, though.

As far as what this is, I don't think it's a poster. Since it's got measurements and other icons, this looks like a label for a bottle of alcohol. I take this as TFP announcement that there will be a new consumable item in the game.

17 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

I've always understood the use of the word "Navezgane" as the name of the fictional world in which 7DTD takes place, not just the pre-generated world you can select in the game. When they say Navezgane, they mean 7DTD in general, not that specific map. That's just me, though.

As far as what this is, I don't think it's a poster. Since it's got measurements and other icons, this looks like a label for a bottle of alcohol. I take this as TFP announcement that there will be a new consumable item in the game.

This looks to me to be artwork that you would see on the side of a 12 bottle box of whiskey.  My guess is this will be used on the various pallets stacked with boxes for decorative purposes.

Edited by ParadiseLostUK (see edit history)

2nd tier alcohol? there are multi tiered consumables already, coffee/blackstrap, bandage/first aid bandage/first aid kit, water/mineral water etc.

maybe if you have enough whiskey, big momma looks more like the party girl...

instead of 'you feel rowdy', it could be 'you feel...... x'

hmmm, what could x be?

i will start

... infected.

lol

Edited by NukemDed (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Just spoke to Madmole and he plans to give us an update on the new crafting system next week! I've played with the new system and it is definitely a different animal than anything we've had in the past and will have a major impact on gameplay. Hold onto your butts because when you hear what it entails you will most likely yourself utter those infamous words....

Reveal hidden contents

"It's a whole new game!"

--Joel Huenink

More things to complaining about finaly! because honestly i don't have nothing to do so at least now will be fresh stuff for that uwu

2 hours ago, Roland said:

We shall see!

unless we will lose eyes ^^

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

I mean this with all respect...

Can we please STOP re-writing core systems when TFP have said, several times, they'd like to get the game to gold? Because stuff like this is just going to make it take longer, introduce more bugs, which then need fixing, etc.

NO! the point of making 7dtd is making 7dtd not to finish 7dtd ^^

1 hour ago, Roland said:

See? This is what giving advanced warning gets us... ;)

you did this  a little bit wrong it should looks like :

WARNING X WARNING X WARNING X WARNING X WARNING X WARNING

<news>

In fairness, most of the "advanced warnings" seem to be things designed to prolong the development of the game for seemingly no viable reason. 😛

Again, not trying to be argumentative or anything, but I feel like announcements such as this MUST come with actual information about what's changing and why, because it just feeds into the "TFP are rudderless" arguments i've seen in every other dev post.

This is why people get annoyed. Because there's just massive changes done with seemingly no reason, no information and it will just drag out the development process even longer while bugs get fixed... because of the new system.

Well adding new systems is point of alpha right?

1 hour ago, Roland said:

These ponderings and more will be answered next week when Madmole gives more detailed advanced notice of exactly what will be coming with actual information about what's changing and why. My message was simply advance notice about the true advance notice which will be full of details-- while my advance notice is ambiguous purposely in order to avoid Madmole....displeasure.

hm.... could you ask him which day ? ^^

So it's a notice of the forthcoming notice? ;)

AS I SAID !

this should be good enough!

• Roland unpinned this topic