Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

14 minutes ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

Sexual innuendos aside; which are quite annoying and really old at this point,

Snowdog will not agree with you :)

14 minutes ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

Maybe the devs could find a way to add remnant speech to the zombies. I think that would be disturbing and really add another level of atmosphere to the game - as the Zs wander, mumbling stuff or getting an odd word from them. 

Nah, they will add bandits and bandits will be just zombie with weapons. They resignate with horror stuff but change setting into more lighter in Z nation style

2 hours ago, Victor.19 said:

Will A21 bring us any better stability in performance compared to A20? The game is improving a lot over time but optimization is still a downside.

In a weird way I think I'd almost miss the terrible performance if it ever gets fixed

22 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

They should just quit babying people and go back to random spawns. :p

The non-babies already delete their tutorial quests immediately after spawning. But a random spawn not on the frickin doorstep of the nearest trader would definitely help. :)

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

But a random spawn not on the frickin doorstep of the nearest trader would definitely help.

Once in a blue moon I seem to spawn close to 1km away from one, but I definitely agree with that. At least spawn me on the other side of town from it or something.

On 4/25/2022 at 2:33 AM, Matt115 said:

Snowdog will not agree with you :)

Nah, they will add bandits and bandits will be just zombie with weapons. They resignate with horror stuff but change setting into more lighter in Z nation style

that's why i see some zombie apocalypse elements in their game.

10 hours ago, Roland said:

I can confirm that any one biome can be set to 100% and that all the biomes can be adjusted to varying percents to get the type of map you want. With forest biome very small you run the risk of getting a NO TRADER message for your beginning quest. There are still traders but just none in the forest and you will need to cancel the tutorial quest to get rid of the message and search for your first trader in one of the other biomes without gps. If you have forest set to 0% then you will for sure get no starter quest trader.

Things are still developing so they may make some changes to the starter quest to account for different world configurations.

One of those configurations that I LOVE is no POI at all in the map. Sure, it is lacking in a few items and quite a bit of gameplay, but an event system and more "outside quests" and  caves can make up for that and would definitely become an emergent gameplay wonderland while retaining that simple raw survival that I didn't know I liked so much. Also, random wandering traders can indeed make up for the static ones, in fact, they are better in terms of the " feeling of the unknown" to me. Bethesda games do that and I like not knowing what will it be today, a carrot or a sharp stick?

14 hours ago, bdubyah said:

They should just quit babying people and go back to random spawns. :p

I do miss starting 3k (or more) away from a town or city. I know many folks don't like "walking simulators" but I think crossing a map on foot in the early game is a lot of fun.

5 hours ago, Blake_ said:

One of those configurations that I LOVE is no POI at all in the map. Sure, it is lacking in a few items and quite a bit of gameplay, but an event system and more "outside quests" and  caves can make up for that and would definitely become an emergent gameplay wonderland while retaining that simple raw survival that I didn't know I liked so much. Also, random wandering traders can indeed make up for the static ones, in fact, they are better in terms of the " feeling of the unknown" to me. Bethesda games do that and I like not knowing what will it be today, a carrot or a sharp stick?

This sound like idea for medieval 7dtd or pioneer 7dtd

5 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Do you really hate the POI designers so much? :nono:

They, too, have families and kids, you know? :dispirited:

Maybe he hate them because he want to be one of them but he can't 😥

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Don't let him know that cave's are POIs too.  :)

Well maybe he is still play in A15 and he mean natural caves ? 😅

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Don't let him know that cave's are POIs too.  :)

Yes, though it they ever get implemented they would probably be a separate RWG option, along with the much anticipated "Roland : On/Off" option. Then, whenever we log in here there would be a NO ROLAND pop up, that we could just close and rol play with.

6 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Yes, though it they ever get implemented they would probably be a separate RWG option, along with the much anticipated "Roland : On/Off" option. Then, whenever we log in here there would be a NO ROLAND pop up, that we could just close and rol play with.

This will not happen in this universe sorry.... just... there is no chance...

25 minutes ago, Weazelsun said:

But, why does this change have to affect those of us who bought the game via Steam? Can it not be set to only affect those obtain 7 Days to Die via the Microsoft Store of Game Pass only?

You want the game to snoop around in parts of the machine that have nothing to do with the game to find out which store it was originally from? This might be easy to do if the game gets started from the store launcher, but what if a user starts it manually? What if a steam user installs the game and accidentally mimics an MS store install (same install dir) or had a MS store install previously (which might leave wrong hints in the registry) ?

And would that be better for modders? They would need to make two install guides with different steps for MS store installs and steam installs.

There are a lot of possible solutions and their advantages and disadvantages have to be considered carefully. In my opinion a general solution, no matter where you installed it from and how, seems preferable though.

53 minutes ago, meganoth said:

You want the game to snoop around in parts of the machine that have nothing to do with the game to find out which store it was originally from? This might be easy to do if the game gets started from the store launcher, but what if a user starts it manually? What if a steam user installs the game and accidentally mimics an MS store install (same install dir) or had a MS store install previously (which might leave wrong hints in the registry) ?

And would that be better for modders? They would need to make two install guides with different steps for MS store installs and steam installs.

There are a lot of possible solutions and their advantages and disadvantages have to be considered carefully. In my opinion a general solution, no matter where you installed it from and how, seems preferable though.

Well, now you put it that way. It does seem better the way the The Fun Pimps did it.

1 hour ago, grendelwolf said:

Sorry if I overlooked this post, but how many alphas are planned until A21? And how many alphas are planned until the final release (if there is already a deadline for the release ... year)?

seems an A20.5 is planned, not sure after that however The Pimps don’t seem to do many alphas post the stable one which currently is 20.4

43 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

seems an A20.5 is planned, not sure after that however The Pimps don’t seem to do many alphas post the stable one which currently is 20.4

a20.4 kinda requires a hotfix. Honestly waiting with bated breath as a server owner / hoster.

15 minutes ago, faatal said:

There should be a Beta, but the labels don't really matter. A beta would just be a stable Axx relabeled to B1, then bug fixes for weeks/months and then is gold.

Well... i was thinking that beta  will be year/halve of year and just focused in this time on fixing things. So... this sound like gold will be in next year +-november O.o

3 minutes ago, jorbascrumps said:

You're going to need to show your work on that one.

They want to make bandits in 2 parts - usually there is 2 - 3 alpha per year --> so probably A21 will be in november in this year and A22 in may in 2023 so.... november sounds good because.... hallowen

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

They want to make bandits in 2 parts - usually there is 2 - 3 alpha per year --> so probably A21 will be in november in this year and A22 in may in 2023 so.... november sounds good because.... hallowen

It seems to me that I know the dates of all future alphas:
A21 - Done When It's Done
Beta - Done When It's Done
Gold - 202... Done When It's Done! :)

1 minute ago, mstdv inc said:

It seems to me that I know the dates of all future alphas:
A21 - Done When It's Done
Beta - Done When It's Done
Gold - 202... Done When It's Done! :)

well... we know that Gold will be few weeks/ months after beta at least 😅