Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

On 3/21/2022 at 4:02 AM, q123 said:

These pictures coming directly from Twitter.

If they are broken for you - check your browser and/or Ad-blocker settings (it's maybe under tracking or social media...). Maybe try a nother browser to see if it's different for you.

Thanks q123. I had to add this site to my tracker blocker exceptions. 

On 4/2/2022 at 2:13 AM, Laz Man said:

If this was  an april fools joke it would have been released much earlier in the day, right?

I pray and hope they are actually buffing spears. or atleast adding new cover art for the spear hunter books

On 4/3/2022 at 12:26 AM, Kalex said:

zombies and bandits are going to fight each other right?

I don't remember exactly where, but it's been said before (by a dev) that while bandits will be "zombies with guns" in terms of AI, they will attack you and the zombies, zombies will attack you and them, just like wolves/bears/cougars, etc.

On 4/3/2022 at 8:26 AM, Kalex said:

zombies and bandits are going to fight each other right?

I wish there was like a subfaction that would not attack Zds and biceversa because of something lore-related like "they take very few showers" or " they bath in human guts TWD style in order to avoid Zd detection". That would make things more of a challenge. ( Zd neutrality Not caused by an armor due to balance reasons).

1 minute ago, Blake_ said:

I wish there was like a subfaction that would not attack Zds and biceversa because of something lore-related like "they take very few showers" or " they bath in human guts TWD style in order to avoid Zd detection". That would make things more of a challenge. ( Zd neutrality Not caused by an armor due to balance reasons).

Over complicated to create " 1 group" agresive to "2 group" but "2 group" is not agresive against " 1 group"  

13 minutes ago, BobbyLee298 said:

Should i say it...? will i get banned... or even worse, start a riot!

Is Learn by doing (LBD) coming back for A21

Or smell sense for zombies

Neither will be coming back to the game, per tfp, and never will for this game. Best you can hope for is that they will make an appearance in another game.

52 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

@faatal do you know if RWG 'generation speeds' will be faster in a21 or if there are any changes taking place to have maps process faster in any way for the new alpha?

Software can be optimized up to a point... best option, if you can, you should start saving money to upgrade your PC! :smash:

6 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Software can be optimized up to a point... best option, if you can, you should start saving money to upgrade your PC! :smash:

Jensen Huang and Crypto miners laugh at this comment. Maybe if I sell my hamster I can save up for a mouse ! .

5 hours ago, Roland said:

Yes, and thanks to Kinyajuu's confirmation I updated the first page. This feature is in fact already in and I generated a map yesterday that had a teeny tiny speck of forest surrounded by all the other tougher biomes.

Wouldn't low forest values lead to more chances of "NO TRADER" when doing tutorial quests? Unless that's been resolved in A21 to search for traders in other biomes?

2 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

Wouldn't low forest values lead to more chances of "NO TRADER" when doing tutorial quests? Unless that's been resolved in A21 to search for traders in other biomes?

You can already run into that by selecting no towns. I don't think its a big issue especially where the tutorial quest is concerned. Are new players going to remove all the forest on their first playthrough? By time they decide to try out an all desert world they won't really need the tutorial quest any longer. I cancel it as my first action after spawning.

10 hours ago, Roland said:

You can already run into that by selecting no towns. I don't think its a big issue especially where the tutorial quest is concerned. Are new players going to remove all the forest on their first playthrough? By time they decide to try out an all desert world they won't really need the tutorial quest any longer. I cancel it as my first action after spawning.

Well the issue is what happens when you get to that quest in the chain if you DO have ocd and keep going; it's not pretty.  

• Roland unpinned this topic