Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

36 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well.... even now you can buy vehicles - i see few time 4X4 or i bought few times bike

Well items - probably less bullets lesst first aid bandages etc

what if the majority of quest rewards weren't items, but bundles. say a first aid bundle could contain things like bandages, vitamins, painkillers etc

or what if they offered random book/schematic packages that would contain random books or schematics?

Idk, they could do alot of things, we will just have to wait and see

6 hours ago, Matt115 said:

as  nothing. Less influence of friendly npc = better game

That's your opinion.

My opinion is it would make the world a little less empty and a bit more worthwhile doing quests and beinging people together.

Since we have two opposing opinions, the best way to handle it; time and resources (and willingness of the devs of course); outside of modding, would be to make it a toggleable option.

Edited by Beelzebubs Ghost (see edit history)

2 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

what aspect of quest rewards? the dukes and the exp seem fine. the items themselves maybe, or limiting quest per day?

I was thinking what if the higher tier quests you unlock, the better items the trader will sell?

Would mean you can't necessarily make trips around the map to other traders nearby and buy up all their good stuff... but now I realize that would probably defeat the purpose of better barter? so maybe not a good idea 😐

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

7 hours ago, beerfly said:

So, a helipad, indeed, hmm.

If a heli is the thing Madmile is working so hard on, would be neat 

That's a long shot there.

So he might be working on a huge harbor POI as well.

Or don't you see that 20ft freight container.

12 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

I wonder what the new specialization will mean though. 

I think it means one trader might specialize in weapons, but still have some other stuff.   One might specialize in Food, but still have some other stuff.  One might specialize in adult toys, but still have other stuff, etc. 

10 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

what if the majority of quest rewards weren't items, but bundles. say a first aid bundle could contain things like bandages, vitamins, painkillers etc

or what if they offered random book/schematic packages that would contain random books or schematics?

Idk, they could do alot of things, we will just have to wait and see

maybe budles will be added

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Oh, you mean Buckets, ropes and the such?

No. i mean - then 100 bullets now 20 bullets, then 4 tier pump shotgun now 2 tier pump shotgun

11 hours ago, Beelzebubs Ghost said:

That's your opinion.

My opinion is it would make the world a little less empty and a bit more worthwhile doing quests and beinging people together.

Since we have two opposing opinions, the best way to handle it; time and resources (and willingness of the devs of course); outside of modding, would be to make it a toggleable option.

Well... that's point of post apo with zombie - 99,9999% of people are dead but zombie are everywhere. 

1 minute ago, Jost Amman said:

Ah, ah! Gotcha! You missed my joke! :playful:

Well we have buckets soooooooooo..... it can be one of the rewards 😛 - and we are going to get bandits so maybe  we will get rope too... well be sherrif ! i just need horse, sixshot and fire water to drink 🐎 💣 🍹

3 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

"Well items"... like a bucket and a rope... those are "well - items". :peep: 

XD  too often i use word "well" XD 

Btw well with skeleton in white dress would be soo good easter egg. Damn i love Ringu^^

10 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Awww thanks ^^ i found a strange VHS cassete with note "7 days....". Well - this must be connected with 7dtd probably  i will make digital version and put this video here 😇

Nice. You will get a phone call with a special message that tells you how to do it. 😇

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Nice. You will get a phone call with a special message that tells you how to do it. 😇

At least i will spend night with japanish girl.. well i think she can be very wet now ( damn i feel like snowdog)

2 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Now I know why this game is titled "7 Days to die"! Look!

Reveal hidden contents

Damn now i have petition to add Well with skeleton in white dress inside as easter egg ! 

Hey TFP could you guys add this please ?😇 it would be so perfect because

1. skeleton

2. easter egg  

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Damn now i have petition to add Well with skeleton in white dress inside as easter egg ! 

Hey TFP could you guys add this please ?😇 it would be so perfect because

1. skeleton

2. easter egg  

so basically you want a screamer climbing out of a well while moaning your name :edit: in Japanese.

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

Sexual innuendos aside; which are quite annoying and really old at this point, the moaning of a players name by a screamer got me thinking.

Maybe the devs could find a way to add remnant speech to the zombies. I think that would be disturbing and really add another level of atmosphere to the game - as the Zs wander, mumbling stuff or getting an odd word from them. 

Just want to say to all those working on the new traders, if the rest are going to turn out like this one then wow.

That concept is absolutely incredible, beautiful, and really does seem like something else completely. Amazing job and hats tipped to that work.

28 minutes ago, Victor.19 said:

Will A21 bring us any better stability in performance compared to A20? The game is improving a lot over time but optimization is still a downside.

I second this. The towns are really another incredible achievement but sometimes my frames take such an obscene hit that it just isn't viable to explore them - and thats to say nothing of screamer hordes, or actual 7 Day hordes which turn my PC (which is a pretty capable games machine) into a 1920's slideshow projector.

Edited by Beelzebubs Ghost (see edit history)