Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

7 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Hopefully all of the new zombie variants coming in A22 will help quench the thirst for more zombie variety.

At first when I heard about the color variants I thought it was a copout, but then I saw live footage of them and it seemed really effective to me. It's actually the aspect of A22 that I'm most interested in. 

But (and I don't know how complex this could be) I think reskinning 3 or so existing models with zombie skins that aren't too unique from each other, aren't too colorful or distinct, and using them to pad out the spawn numbers could make it look like there's more zombie types out there. Older versions of the game, where zombies were harder to see (almost looking like silhouettes most of the time) gave that impression. It's also what they do in movies and TV shows.

POI designers can set triggers for events, but what about timers for lighting? The city lights and outdoor types that are normally off during the day might use less graphic resources for those with potatoes for pcs.

I know I have mentioned about the selection of Paints in the game, and I understand that they may be limited to a certain amount with the unity engine but are they planning on reviewing some of those paints? Say for instance the Target paint, do we really need that? etc... I can list them as a few seem like they are doubled up.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:02 AM, spud42 said:

from the collins dictionary...

A hog is a pig. In British English, hog usually refers to a large male pig that has been castrated, but in American English it can refer to any kind of pig. We picked the corn by hand and we fed it to the hogs and the cows. Synonyms: pig, swine, porker More Synonyms of hog.

Agriculture class (in the US) use the same terminology as the Brits where hog only referred to a castrated male pig.

Has anyone found connecting to servers does not work on any port other than the default 26900? After setting a different port in the serverconfig.xml, clients dont see the server at all, sitting on 'connecting'.

as soon as i swap it back to 26900, they connect.

i ensured ports were all forwarded as they are with 26900.

From Jugginator:

@Yakov, General Support is a place for this if you need further help, but you need to forward the port +2; for example: 27015 TCP, 27015 - 27017 UDP

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

TFP wanted to share some very tragic news. Senior Programmer Robert Dishong passed away last Friday night from injuries sustained in a fatal car accident. He worked on RWG, buffs, skills and the character system. He was with TFP for over a decade and will be missed. More to come.

Rest In peace bro

20231206_204903.jpg

Really sad news about the passing of Robert Dishong. He will be missed. Thank you for posting.

I've been tracking Robert's job for many years now. Really sad news for those who actually knew him and feel his loss. Aside from being a great programmer he seemed like a really nice guy. 

Rest in peace wherever you are, hero.

3 hours ago, Gamida said:

I don't recall ever seeing this Pegasus buff. Has something been mentioned about it before?

Didn't know about it before, but a quick google check brought up that it is a speed buff you can give yourself via console/creative menu.

Seems that has been around ...forever? ...couldn't find out in detail, but it's not new, that much I can tell. 

You can tell the shots were made whilst "tweaking" around with the game (one shot day 1, one shot day 9), so surely these are not real ingame shots.

funny side fact: I did read "memorial challenge" (possibly my brain did that because of the cathedral background theme),

and I was "oh cool a new quest type"...but then on the other shot with the better contrast it became obvious... 🥴.

Really, brain, very funny...

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

21 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Didn't know about it before, but a quick google check brought up that it is a speed buff you can give yourself via console/creative menu.

Seems that has been around ...forever? ...couldn't find out in detail, but it's not new, that much I can tell. 

You can tell the shots were made whilst "tweaking" around with the game (one shot day 1, one shot day 9), so surely these are not real ingame shots.

funny side fact: I did read "memorial challenge" (possibly my brain did that because of the cathedral background theme),

and I was "oh cool a new quest type"...but then on the other shot with the better contrast it became obvious... 🥴.

Really, brain, very funny...

Based on the biome and POIs in the screenshots, I assume they were taken in the Navezgane map.