Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

On 9/9/2023 at 7:34 AM, Jost Amman said:

They're busy playing Starfield right now... :tongue1:

This actually played out in my head lol.

TFP playing starfield and noticing something could be a bit better.

They jump on a starfield forum and make a post to devs explaining it.

As we have sometimes seen here, someone posts, "If you are so smart make your own game and show us how it is done!"

TFP posts.....

https://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/7_Days_to_Die/

On 8/30/2023 at 6:39 AM, Laz Man said:

Recent post on the 7D2D facebook page:

"Undead variants coming to Alpha 22 and Consoles. Stay Tuned!"

image.thumb.jpeg.71e8627795174a480dfe4be808c7dd25.jpeg

Are these custom made models/variants like 2-3 for each zombie or randomized colored clothing pieces so we can have 30 of them and each have different colors? 

9 hours ago, v3tro said:

Are these custom made models/variants like 2-3 for each zombie or randomized colored clothing pieces so we can have 30 of them and each have different colors? 

I don't think it will be that deep but I think it's just colors and maybe a few zombies with different style/themes like the bowler 

The only thing they need is random walking styles and it would be perfect I would never get bored at them.  

Oh and special zombies but that's a story for another day

15 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I don't think it will be that deep but I think it's just colors and maybe a few zombies with different style/themes like the bowler 

The only thing they need is random walking styles and it would be perfect I would never get bored at them.  

Oh and special zombies but that's a story for another day

...random walk types is such an easy xml mod... it really should be in vanilla.

On 9/12/2023 at 1:26 PM, Khissi said:

You know, I don't really care.  Make it clean, make it run like smooth silk, make it easily modable, then give it to us.... That's what they're working toward, and all this side junk... really?  pft...

Ah yes, why didn't we just turn ever game into gmod. 

You know this is kinda the devs dream game right? Yeah they are slow with updates and adding stuff but oh well.

I wish we could just send XML files and tell them

(hey I did it for you, add it for everyone)

but that's unrealistic 

1 hour ago, HB_H4wk said:

Small Letters (in the block menu) for signs would be great.

Would be really cool, but unfortunately all blocks (no matter the size or shape) still take up the entire space of a full block in a voxel-based world.

maybe they could do something with the text from "Writeable Storage Container" like allowing it to be printed onto an invisible block to place in front of whatever you might want to put words on.   Probably would not as elegant a solution as one would hope for.

2 hours ago, Dreyseth said:

Would be really cool, but unfortunately all blocks (no matter the size or shape) still take up the entire space of a full block in a voxel-based world.

maybe they could do something with the text from "Writeable Storage Container" like allowing it to be printed onto an invisible block to place in front of whatever you might want to put words on.   Probably would not as elegant a solution as one would hope for.

Yes, a couple of Writable Store Signs of the same sizes as the Shamway Store Sign objects would be very cool.

Alpha.... 22.... news...... 

download.jpeg

4 hours ago, Roland said:

Given who they are and their sense of humor, I'm surprised TFP hasn't ever implemented zombie rabbits. They could be the Head Crabs of the game!!

We need that! And 

The Radioactive zombie bears and dogs 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)