Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

8 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

water we waiting for? H2O?... nooooo! Ice thirst for it daily until it drops.  I hope the problem will not freeze development and can be solvent quickly or i will fluid my pants. I cannot jar this up inside for much longer and i Dew collector more anxious each day.

over_share.gif.0e7e5dec3c7cef3f77742679d7b49e36.gif

😅

4 hours ago, Morloc said:

1) Devote all resources to helping that water sim programmer!

His fix seems fine. The new hang was a decoration threading issue, which I think I fixed. We also found another error with getting an animated block update while the world is downloading, which I added a fix for.

They are hitting the servers HARD to find bugs, so some of these may not even happen in normal play.

2 minutes ago, faatal said:

His fix seems fine. The new hang was a decoration threading issue, which I think I fixed. We also found another error with getting an animated block update while the world is downloading, which I added a fix for.

They are hitting the servers HARD to find bugs, so some of these may not even happen in normal play.

If you release it, we can hit it harder and find them faster :) js

30 minutes ago, faatal said:

So You're Telling Me There's a Chance?!"

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for the transparency and updates. We (fiancé and me) have played 7DtD since 2016, but never really followed the pre-update process. A21 looks incredible, and we'll be playing it as soon as it is available.

1 hour ago, faatal said:

I love small updates like this! Please keep

them coming 🙂

6 hours ago, faatal said:

Does that mean that we are close close? Like in close, close close? How deep is the Kraken?

If there is a bug in multiplayer (there is always something in MP) we will encounter it and (if not crazy convoluted) reproduce it. Statistically speaking imagine that there is a 1% chance to find one in a 10 hour gameplay session. That's dozens of people across the world, just in the first day of the streamer weekend. That's one more reason to stay alert there. We can also report to you guys the ones we see in the streams, right? the more eyes the better to find those pesky bugs. 

IMHO, looks like the earliest experimental release would be after next weekend, barring any new MF bugs. If that were the case, we should hopefully get some streamer weekend announcements soon. That would line up nicely with Steam's Next Fest coming in a couple of weeks.

59 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

Since there is a lot of pages to comb through, and i dont have a fine toothed comb, would anyone say that a21 is a fair bit more optimized than a20? like not gonna drag a comp down?

Direct timestamp. tldr: while streaming 4k ultra gameplay, t5 poi in the city center gives ~40fps with ryzen9 7950x

Edited by palikkamaa (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I donno know, 30-40 FPS with ultra or most settings at high while streaming isn’t all that bad in my opinion.

I have the same CPU as Lathan, a 3070 TI GPU and play at the lower resolution of 1440p, yet I put no settings on Ultra. I want a smoother higher frame rate, so I use High, which nets me 80-100+ FPS most of the time. There is a big difference between being out in the forest with not much around you vs in a city with buildings all around you, so I pick settings for the more demanding locations.

46 minutes ago, faatal said:

I have the same CPU as Lathan, a 3070 TI GPU and play at the lower resolution of 1440p, yet I put no settings on Ultra. I want a smoother higher frame rate, so I use High, which nets me 80-100+ FPS most of the time. There is a big difference between being out in the forest with not much around you vs in a city with buildings all around you, so I pick settings for the more demanding locations.

Is it correct to say that the ready-made graphic presets "ultra, high, medium, low" are stable combinations of settings and it is better to use them than to try to change the settings manually?
Will the game run less smoothly if some settings are left at a high level and others are low or disabled?

On 6/3/2023 at 11:04 AM, Doomofman said:

(Though I guess you could make the argument that if QA are free for this, then testing is done?)

Or you might conclude that 9pm CST is after-hours so they wouldn't be working on bug testing anyway. :)

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Or you might conclude that 9pm CST is after-hours so they wouldn't be working on bug testing anyway. :)

you could even go as far to think that just maybe this playthru serves as a test for QA also and they are just showcasing some of the procedures while trying to pin down some more bugs. :) just a thought....

38 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

So if no major bugs are see on Wedneaday, the likelihood of an imminent release is higher? 😁

I'll believe it when I see it, or rather, when I don't see any new bugs. But I'll have to watch the recording.

4am local time is a bit early by my standards.