Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

10 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Oop, careful there. People might come out of the woodwork about TFP saying there'd be much shorter dev periods between A21 and A22. ;)

I WAS being careful there

16 hours ago, Roland said:

Just think about the fact that this same A21 version you want to get so badly right now is the exact same version that you won't care about in a year's time (give or take) when the streamers are playing A22 for a couple of days.... ;) 

16 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

That's a beeeeeeg give or take though. Mostly take. Leave some for the rest of us!

I’d like to believe that nobody around here is naive enough to get upset with my casual assumption that A22 will take a yearish to complete.  If it really does take less time then great but if anyone felt trolled by my comment then they deserve it ;)

35 minutes ago, Roland said:

I’d like to believe that nobody around here is naive enough to get upset with my casual assumption that A22 will take a yearish to complete.  If it really does take less time then great but if anyone felt trolled by my comment then they deserve it ;)

Doesn't anyone who has been here for awhile just ignore you most of the time anyway mate? ;)

Oh BTW has the whole streamer rage thingy happened yet?  That's usually a good indication.

Edited by Gobarg (see edit history)

9 hours ago, klude45 said:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but did TFP say anything about animal spawns? Because they are a bit crazy like in the wasteland there are 1-2 zombears at all times. its a bit annoying having @%$#ed off ammo sinks running around constantly. (thank you for your time my fellow dysentery enjoyers)

The zombie animals in the Wasteland have their own group and with a pretty high spawn rate. Therefore, this is not surprising. But since the zombie bears don't have a high aggro range they ignore you most of the time.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

19 hours ago, klude45 said:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but did TFP say anything about animal spawns? Because they are a bit crazy like in the wasteland there are 1-2 zombears at all times. its a bit annoying having @%$#ed off ammo sinks running around constantly. (thank you for your time my fellow dysentery enjoyers)

Isn't that the whole point of the wasteland biome?  To be more difficult than the other biomes?

33 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Isn't that the whole point of the wasteland biome?  To be more difficult than the other biomes?

The Snow biome is the "Cinderella Zone' Mid game on, IMO.  

Lots of food, pretty good loot.  

I don't build in them, but I do build near them.

The wasteland is the danger zone and I think it should always be that.

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Yes. Wasteland is death. You should only be going there if you are well prepared.

On 5/8/2023 at 2:25 AM, Annihilatorza said:

With the learn by reading system, will killing Zombies still give Xp?

I did search but I could not find anything.

normal Perks like Miner 69er, Pistol Pete and Armor-based perks are unlocked with XP

the learn by reading allows you to craft better gear and better levels of that set you just read, take spears

you read a spear book, you can make a better stone spear, once you reach the cap then you can unlock the Iron spear, and so on

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, faatal said:

Yes. Wasteland is death. You should only be going there if you are well prepared.

Are radiation mechanics still planned for any future alphas? like needing a rad suit to go to the wasteland for example. I think it's been talked about before but i haven't heard anything about it in quite some time, just wondering if its still in the cards.

3 hours ago, Aldranon said:

The Snow biome is the "Cinderella Zone' Mid game on, IMO.  

Lots of food, pretty good loot.  

I don't build in them, but I do build near them.

The wasteland is the danger zone and I think it should always be that.

Wasteland is fun to build in

Just Mayhem
if you turn on feral Senses its Like NAM!

you breath the wrong way and everyone and their mother will come after you

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

You breath the wrong way and everyone and their mother will come after you

Don`t forget their ancestors and their pets ! :D 

My personal favourite biome, even in the first days. 

1 hour ago, Callum123456789 said:

Personally I think the wasteland should be even more difficult but maybe that's just me.

I agree, Waste land should be ridiculously hard. Hard during the day extremely hard during the night. Out side of 7 Days to die the only other game that I have loved over the last decade is They Are Billions. That game is hard and I  make custom maps that are harder than the base game. I guess I have a hard games fetish. That last line is for additional jokes. 

30 minutes ago, ltbrunt said:

I agree, Waste land should be ridiculously hard. Hard during the day extremely hard during the night. Out side of 7 Days to die the only other game that I have loved over the last decade is They Are Billions. That game is hard and I  make custom maps that are harder than the base game. I guess I have a hard games fetish. That last line is for additional jokes. 

It'd be interesting if Feral Sense could be activated based on biome spawn. I generally play with Feral Sense off, but if it was just a default for all wasteland spawns, that'd be pretty cool and a great way to increase that biome's difficulty.

23 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

It'd be interesting if Feral Sense could be activated based on biome spawn. I generally play with Feral Sense off, but if it was just a default for all wasteland spawns, that'd be pretty cool and a great way to increase that biome's difficulty.

It almost feels like it's on automatically in the Wasteland, which definitely adds to the sense of danger there.

On 5/8/2023 at 1:30 PM, klude45 said:

They could cut the zombie bears in half and double the zombie dogs instead. :)