Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

3 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

They are from the movie "Hidden figures"

thank you for the reference. dont see how nasa fits in. could be something about the intel tree and companions, but not in conjunction with the other clues. unless it's weave, black women, not bodies but head shots, black hair styles coming in

Just now, wolfbain5 said:

thank you for the reference. dont see how nasa fits in. could be something about the intel tree and companions, but not in conjunction with the other clues. unless it's weave, black women, not bodies but head shots, black hair styles coming in

I think it is the title of the movie that is important in this instance. Hidden Figures - Figures (the picture below) means that the second word is "Hidden".

2 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

I think it is the title of the movie that is important in this instance. Hidden Figures - Figures (the picture below) means that the second word is "Hidden".

interesting. a decent call too. but dont see the connection to the first one or the imdb casting pics shot... hidden cast?

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, archergod said:

Do we have this feature in 7DTD yet? it will be awesome ... 

No and it is not planned as far as I know. The kickstarter goal was to allow players to play as a zombie in a PvP mode. That is still planned, I believe.

That isn't to say that they might not still do something like that but just that it isn't currently on the list.

31 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

interesting. a decent call too. but dont see the connection to the first one or the imdb casting pics shot

I have the solution for the third picture. It is the cast of the series "The Wire". Sounds like we can hide the wires in electrical installations.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

On 11/12/2022 at 9:10 AM, Roland said:

Im not sure what you mean. Are you talking about walking under a tree or going inside a POI where the windows are all barricaded and there are not any light sources?  If the former. I haven’t seen that, myself, and if the latter, it’s intended for you to either use a head lamp, a flashlight, or break open the windows to let light in, or stumble around in the dark. 

Perhaps your brightness setting is too low for your preferences?  I usually turn mine down to 15% so that dark areas and nighttime are actually dark. You say that shade is like nighttime but there have been a lot of posts that nighttime, itself, is too bright at default brightness levels for a lot of people and that we can see too far and too well in the dark. 

What’s your brightness level set at and what exactly are you meaning by walking into shaded areas? What shadow setting are you using?

He's talking about how the shadows being to dark in the game, which they are. That's personally why I turn them off. Shadows in the game are to pronounced and sometimes do not blend in as well as they should. My buddy says the same thing. It's not about the brightness settings it's how shadows contrast with games background.  

1 hour ago, Uncle Al said:

First pic could also be a more general 'crafting'

Either way I'm feeling strongly that the ability to hide wiring is the essence of it

A new block, acting as a time/ wire relay. Would look cool if it is like a wooden frame and the relay thing glued in one of its inner sides.. transparent of course.

5 hours ago, Roland said:

Want to learn something new about A21? Get off your ass and figure it out!

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.06b6b0aba66d8b2816cb09af1594254e.png

________________     _________________      _________________     _________________

I think the first part is more something like:

MULTITHREADED (many threads on the loom)

CALCULATIONS (the mathematicians that helped NASA with the calculations)

MOVED (the arrow)

??? (I don't know)

3 hours ago, Roland said:

I don't know what 1 divided by 0 is and I don't know when the dev stream is. Truth.

If anything they are racing to try and get done before the Steam Winter Sale season rather than sitting around on their butts twiddling their thumbs until that time.

I can confirm this.  The level design team for example has their head down updating POIs with all of the new art that has been completed for A21.

Doors in particular has needed several adjustments along the way.  There are so many new doors now and each has several damage states.

10 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I can confirm this.  The level design team for example has their head down updating POIs with all of the new art that has been completed for A21.

Doors in particular has needed several adjustments along the way.  There are so many new doors now and each has several damage states.

windows also?  There are no nice windows, lol.  Nice as in pristine like the doors can be.

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

I'd think the changes to water would mean some players may start considering certain perks in A21 that might have been ignored before

I started to ignore master chef in my SP games after I learned how easy it was to get boiling water to counteract the negative hydration from charred meat, but now with scarcity of water and requiring a pot, I'm considering at least one point in master chef again

And then there's also iron gut, which reduces dysentery chances and makes food/water last longer.

Edit: Wait, do we have to read magazines to learn how to make tea and meat in A21??

Edited by NekoPawtato (see edit history)

On 11/5/2022 at 11:04 AM, mstdv inc said:

Hi @faatal Is it possible in theory to add a script with a timer to the game that will be synchronized with the time on a PC or a microsoft time synchronization server so that seasonal thematic content automatically appears in the loot and sale game at a certain time?

Yes, it would be possible.

1 hour ago, NekoPawtato said:

Edit: Wait, do we have to read magazines to learn how to make tea and meat in A21??

Of course there is a recipe magazine to help us cook better. In the game too. :)

1 hour ago, Darthjake said:

@Roland  or whoever knows, with the changes to glass jars, how will that affect crafting yucca juice?

clean water is now required. No more easy yucca juice.