Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

52 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Sorry Matt, there are no new skeleton props for A21...

Maybe in A22, but no promises.

Hope this subject has been fleshed out enough for the time being. 

All seriousness aside, its become bone-dry. Kinda like ziplines imo. Ain't gonna happen any time soon, if ever. 

Maybe give it a break for a while. 

Bring it back later?

Don't go away @Matt115, just put your skeletons into a closet for now is what I am suggesting.

Hey, at least I bone-up to the subject.

And with that I know my way out...

There are currently no skeletons in the game, true. But there are quite a few closets. The stories they used to tell were astounding too: Big Mum and a plethora of businessmen doing I ,lord ,don't know what , cheerleaders with fatguys, crawlers and dogs... Snowdog stalking under a doormat.... this game is fine I tell you.

33 minutes ago, Lostyouthkhat said:

I really hope we get some good working friendly npcs (at least a shephard dog) with mods if tfp doesnt include them in the basic game.

I start feeling lonely in the world after some weeks when i can only talk to these lifeless traders haha

We will not have dogs or pets. I believe Unity isn’t up to the path finding part of pets. That’s why we have the drones.

still does. still floats in front of you as you shoot. blocks doorways. Worst of all it seems to completely destroy stealth. clearing a Higashi tower with the drone floating nearby the sleepers instantly woke up when crouched and using the crossbow. i put the drone in my backpack and the sleepers stopped waking up as i aproached a door. 

the drone now sits in the 4x4 and is used if i fill the storage on the 4x4 . just a floating suitcase..lol

1 hour ago, spud42 said:

still does. still floats in front of you as you shoot. blocks doorways. Worst of all it seems to completely destroy stealth. clearing a Higashi tower with the drone floating nearby the sleepers instantly woke up when crouched and using the crossbow. i put the drone in my backpack and the sleepers stopped waking up as i aproached a door. 

the drone now sits in the 4x4 and is used if i fill the storage on the 4x4 . just a floating suitcase..lol

Did you have the RoboticDroneHeadlampMod installed and on? (Just making sure 🤔)

11 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I never liked the idea of drones. Having a pet would be great but not at the expense of fps or requiring fewer zombies on screen.

When the drone was introduced, for me it was a matter of "well, that wasn't on my wish list".

I've tried it. Given it a fair chance. The heal-me benefit is nice, especially during a horde battle. But its not become part of my everyday play.

It's been suggested that having skins for the drone might be an option to consider, that is one might have a hovering calico cat or parrot or whatever. But keep it at base. Let it greet you at the door with "How was your interaction with the undead today?" And it can call me Darling or Luv or Sweet Heart instead of Master. Or even Boss (most of us have one, no?). But its a start, so it may develop.

I know, we can't have everything. Where would we put it? The drone can't carry it all.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, sillls said:

What I would like to see is bandits dropping loot like a player. 

So if they are wearing armor and wielding a pistole, that's what they drop. 

That is logical. Bandit brandishes those items in a confrontation, then it makes sense for that to be dropped loot. The quality of the loot would still be influenced by rng and our gamestage though. I mean. if the bandit can be taken out with a primitive bow using stone arrows, don't expect steel armor and a level 5 SMG in the loot bag.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

On 10/27/2022 at 10:41 PM, Laz Man said:

Sorry Matt, there are no new skeleton props for A21...

Maybe in A22, but no promises.

No "new" skeletons, but what about old, ancient skeletons? 😜

Those are better anyhow.  New ones aren't much different than what we already have in the bloody corpses laying around.  An old skeleton looks much nicer. 

* Starts connecting the head bone to the neck bone with all the bones in his inventory..... (Good use for them)

Sorry if it is a dubble post, havent read all posts here.

But something I missed is when I had to rebuild my base and demolish 30+ steelblocks, even with help it takes too much time.

Make better use of the ”Timed Charge” and change it so it ”always” destroys own/party block.

One Time Charge one block gone.

5 hours ago, Melange said:

When the drone was introduced, for me it was a matter of "well, that wasn't on my wish list".

I've tried it. Given it a fair chance. The heal-me benefit is nice, especially during a horde battle. But its not become part of my everyday play.

It's been suggested that having skins for the drone might be an option to consider, that is one might have a hovering calico cat or parrot or whatever. But keep it at base. Let it greet you at the door with "How was your interaction with the undead today?" And it can call me Darling or Luv or Sweet Heart instead of Master. Or even Boss (most of us have one, no?). But its a start, so it may develop.

I know, we can't have everything. Where would we put it? The drone can't carry it all.

I think they should add an option for the drone where you put in its storage things you want to sell, and then you can tell him to go and sell them to the trader.

He will disappear for a while, and then come back with your money.

This same game mechanics has been already used in the past in other games. It's not a new idea, but I think it could give players additional motivation to use the drone when they go adventuring. :)

2 minutes ago, kaetting said:

Sorry if it is a dubble post, havent read all posts here.

But something I missed is when I had to rebuild my base and demolish 30+ steelblocks, even with help it takes too much time.

Make better use of the ”Timed Charge” and change it so it ”always” destroys own/party block.

One Time Charge one block gone.

That charge is intended more for safes. Not for walls.

I think the best option right now against walls and blocks in general, would be dynamite.

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)