The game lacks space. Rocket construction.

cgw

The game is beautiful, and many see this game differently than the developers planned to make it, thanks to the gorgeous game settings. The game pleased everyone.
But when you have everything, the game becomes boring.
maybe you still look towards space travel, with a real solar system.
Even Minecraft has Galactic Craft and Extra Planets in the form of mods.
Maybe you also implement space in your game with a real solar system.
It will be something wrong. That will give the game a new ray of light.lin

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Can we just stick to Navezgane, on Earth? Its hard enough to program and stabilize an entirely destructible map, yet people still aren't happy and now ask to go for the entire solar system and beyond 😆

Please folks, inform yourself better about video game production and understand how complex it is. Or else, you could create your own extra-planetary mod?

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

In Empyrion I spawn 10 large ships and I don't notice any problems.
Problems can only be in multiplayer, there is a limit on the number of ships on the palanet.
I am not asking to make ships,
but only a rocket like in Stationeers, which will help you move from one card to another card. it's only 3 cubes. engine tank and cockpit.

If we remove all the animals and plants from the desert and paint the sky a little beige, we change the temperature. And remove the water. this is Mars.
 And now just change the color of Mars to gray and set the night sky here and the moon. I don't see anything complicated here.

Just don't want to develop 7 Days in this direction?

Another question is to make it all interesting, but it needs to make an effort.

Edited by cgw (see edit history)

3 hours ago, cgw said:

In Empyrion I spawn 10 large ships and I don't notice any problems.
Problems can only be in multiplayer, there is a limit on the number of ships on the palanet.
I am not asking to make ships,
but only a rocket like in Stationeers, which will help you move from one card to another card. it's only 3 cubes. engine tank and cockpit.

If we remove all the animals and plants from the desert and paint the sky a little beige, we change the temperature. And remove the water. this is Mars.
 And now just change the color of Mars to gray and set the night sky here and the moon. I don't see anything complicated here.

Just don't want to develop 7 Days in this direction?

Another question is to make it all interesting, but it needs to make an effort.

And why is there a civilization with very earth-style POIs on Mars? (And yes, you need POIs if you don't want to change the game completely)

If you want to do it right, you would have to make mars-style POIs and roads for Mars and maybe alien-style POIs for the next planet ... Not complicated but another 4 years of development to make the neccessary amount of POIs

I need to comment again about a few things

First: the game engine can barely handle 20 zombies on screen at the same time. Space would be very empty and boring.

Second: what the hell do you expect for a $10 to max $25 game? 

Stick with zombies, improve what can be improved with minimal hours, get the game done and release.

Start working on something new and fun. 

I think it would be an amazing implementation for the endgame when the game goes gold.

In the dev livestream they were talking about meeting the duke and what not, being able to leave the planet and go to a government safe zone on a different planet would be amazing.

It would be rather interesting since the game Outriders was based on resources running out and they had to go to a completely different planet which had earth-like resources to rebuild.

So it wouldn't be ENTIRELY impossible the devs have an endgame (or modders) that the player leaves the planet in a cutscene to live on another one. Just unlikely, but a genuinely good concept in endgame terms.