A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

good enough 😆 I have a question : the armor will sometimes respawning with color modes or wil be always "default" in next alpha?

Thematic armour/outfits will not be in a20, but a21. They got pushed back. 

Randomized colour modding is a preference that needs further programming. I really don't see the point because gameplay-wise makes it easy to find colour bottles, which sux as they are already quite abundant. Realistic-wise.... well.... let's just say that barring the fantasy theme, you wouldn't have a rainbow army of soldiers running around. Maybe an npc leader....  Cool idea for an actual mod though.

1 minute ago, Blake_ said:

Thematic armour/outfits will not be in a20, but a21. They got pushed back. 

Randomized colour modding is a preference that needs further programming. I really don't see the point because gameplay-wise makes it easy to find colour bottles, which sux as they are already quite abundant. Realistic-wise.... well.... let's just say that barring the fantasy theme, you wouldn't have a rainbow army of soldiers running around. Maybe an npc leader....  Cool idea for an actual mod though.

i know the point but , red green or blue scrap helmet will be perfect sign of bandits group right? ofc pink miltary armor is stupid but woodland camo ,dessert , snow? realistic so much

On 4/11/2021 at 10:48 AM, Promethean Winchester said:

@madmole Honestly, I just want to be able to keep empty jars after boiling eggs. Not only that, but the College Jacket giving a +10% boost to running speed is my favorite jacket. Is that going to be removed? I play on Insane Nightmare, and a big part of the RNG responsible for whether I live or die is whether or not I find a sports jacket. Biker zombies on nightmare speed can, 30% of the time, be the end of your first week, you can barely even outrun them because they have nurse level speed and fat zombie power. Meleeing them isn't viable until you're really damn strong, because they typically hit you through the flinching animation; One of their flinching animations has them grab their face, and move forward toward you at an even greater speed than when they were sprinting. Combat against most zombies is manageable, I mean it's all about power attacking before the zombie reaches you, then sprinting toward them at the last second to connect it. Then, from there, you can power attack them again and knock 'em down during their flinch, making finishing them off an easy task. Especially if you got an archery sneak shot before the fight started. But two zombies do not allow this: Lumberjack, and Biker. They're insanely broken on Nightmare speed settings and somehow I feel like it's only their flinching animations which make it so.

Even that fat tank-top zombie does the face-grabbing animation where he speeds up and comes closer to you during the animation, it makes fights much more stressful, but that specific zombie is very slow and easy to hold off, you can typically turn around and sprint away in a split second if you see him grab his face. Any speed tier above that zombie though, and you see the problems unfolding. If a biker or lumberjack grabs their face, you're basically just going to get hit, no 2 ways about it. I always need a gun before fighting one of those zombies, if a wood frame in a doorway isn't an immediate option. The animations, perhaps, shouldn't be a "one size fits all zombie types" thing. Individual tailoring of animations based on the speed of the zombie type would be best, with Nightmare speed as the foundation of the tailoring, because whatever's balanced on Nightmare will be balanced on lower movement speed settings as well. The only inorganic aspect to melee combat, as far as I can see since alpha 19, is any situation where you strike a zombie in the face and it comes closer to you rather than flinching to be farther from you. That's the only confusing and immersion-breaking aspect to combat so far. Even if zombies don't "flinch" per se, no zombie is coming closer to us when we thwack their face with a sledgehammer or club or spear. Adjust maybe that one flinching animation, and those of us on Insane Nightmare won't need as many cheese tactics to get by. Mainly just that one flinch animation, where the zombie grabs his/her face and somehow speeds up to close the gap between you two. No impact to the face should see a zombie become more proximate to you, if anything it should always reliably have the opposite effect. 

Anyway I love the game, and although I didn't like the concept of magical candies at first, that was before I ate an Oh Shiz Drop and jumped off the top of the construction site POI to avoid certain death at the hands of a zombie horde sleeping up there. I see the appeal. It's wildly unrealistic, but it removes some stress from the game, and I value any game which allows the mitigation of stress through the preparedness of the player. Going up high? Bring an Oh Shiz to jump off. Harvesting lots of cobblestone and cement? Eat the rock busters. Got a killing corridor on horde night? Save up some skull crushers. The drugs idea, I totally get. They are drugs, they boost your character. One could easily associate Skull Crushers with PCP or Cocaine. But I just don't think there's a drug out there which could make me fall 300 feet and still be fine... Lol. Not complaining, not criticizing. I use it, I value it. But it does seem like a slightly wild departure from the rooted-in-realism approach you guys used to take with this game. Maybe just remove Oh Shiz Drops... I play permadeath, and it completely trivializes the threat some POI's pose. Compare the sleepers on the roof of a Shotgun Messiah Factory with, and without an Oh Shiz Drop. If you can just jump off to bail in a pinch, that's so unfair in favor of the player that it borders on a cheese tactic. It's the one drug-based candy that I just don't buy into. Anything else can be explained away: Atom Junkies makes you hyper focused, so you know exactly where to throw your explosive item for maximum effect. Let's call it a psychostimulant drug. Etc. But Oh Shiz is a really welcome and useful wild card, which I feel should be considered for removal by you guys. I love it, but it does trivialize a lot of the game's immersive stress in high places. Like that deadly construction site where you walk across the crane, that's what I'm talking about; I ran away from that horde by just jumping off. You can already fall down from there and survive with 2 HP and a broken leg, which is kinda unrealistic already, but surviving it with no harm done to the player at all is pretty stretchy. 

i too like them but feel the oh @%$#z drops could use a tiny bit of change:

I found out once, by accident in a18? That if you had a debuff that ragdolled you and the ragdoll effect lasted a few seconds and you fell off a building you could survive as if you had taken an oh @%$#z drop in a19.  At the time I felt that this was kinda a cheese tactic, but also kinda cool. I feel today an oh @%$#z drop should be similar ( you take it and instantly ragdoll) and when you hit the ground you should stay there for a bit... like 10 seconds as a punishment and to allow zeds chasing you to fall and recover. This would make the “real life drug effect” be like you knocked yourself out (maybe you did it because you were cornered and wanted to be unconscious when being eaten) so you ragdolled on the edge of a building but survived because you were not all tense on impact. I feel that you should suffer a broken leg or arm but not death/health loss. I also feel the “turd” item in the game could come back at only this point and be ejected onto the ground when you fall, but that’s just me.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Roland said:

3/4 of the internet reads "Maybe someday" as "We promise and if we don't, you're entitled to a full refund if you can get an online petition going and spam Twitter with your demands"

Just FYI

While "Maybe someday" really means: "I once read a book about an utopia written by a mental patient while he was high on euphoria-inducing drugs. I could imagine being there and getting it done. 😁

17 minutes ago, Roland said:

Fast Travel between traders has come up before as a discussion point. I won't say who was for or against but I will say there was not a unanimous feeling about it. 

I'd love this. But more like this.. The closest trader sends a courier to you or a pre-defined spot of your choice via Gyrocopter two times a week. Maybe defined by a claim block. you'd still have to wait until he gets there though. and he only buys stuff and sells you a fixed number of random items.

32 minutes ago, Roland said:

Fast Travel between traders has come up before as a discussion point. I won't say who was for or against but I will say there was not a unanimous feeling about it. 

What is the the consensus on a new and improved forum turd reaction?

58 minutes ago, Games'n'Grumble said:

I don't want to say that 7D2D has bad animations, but maybe the developers are planning to use something something like that to improve or diversify them? Or maybe in future projects?

Spoiler

The animation tool isn't the problem. The problem is mocapping the animations. Hiring a studio is too expensive so I would recommend (to TFP)  just buying one of those full body mocap suits with a camera set and a 25 square meter place to do the motion capture animations themselves. It would save a lot of money and would inprove the current set of 5 animations and a half that they paid 20000 dollars for. 

2 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

The animation tool isn't the problem. The problem is mocapping the animations. Hiring a studio is too expensive so I would recommend (to TFP)  just buying one of those full body mocap suits with a camera set and a 25 square meter place to do the motion capture animations themselves. It would save a lot of money and would inprove the current set of 5 animations and a half that they paid 20000 dollars for. 

Agree. This software looks almost like a mocap, but not a mocap 😅

On 4/12/2021 at 11:35 AM, Roland said:

Let's see who can find me a link to a good cookie image with transparent background and I'll change it to the best one.

Cookie Contest begins now. :)

ok!

2013 Holiday Gift Guide | Christmas cooking gifts, Homemade cookies, Food  gifts
Sense 7DTD lives Mason jars, why not a Jar of cookies!
(if you want me to edit it to cut it out and turn it into a PNG let me know)

15 hours ago, Roland said:

depends on how its done, if its like fallout... no

but if you need to pay dukes for it, then sure

On 3/23/2021 at 5:46 PM, Urban Blackbear said:

I really like the way upgrading blocks work now. Are we really just going to be making concrete blocks and putting them down in a finished state in the future? This is just my 2¢ but I like having the system be a little more in-depth and complicated. I agree that blocks should probably not down-grade when they reach 0 HP but not everything needs to be simplified. On the fence about waiting for concrete blocks to cure but I like being able to lay out a base in rebar and filling them with concrete.

In addition, it gives you the opportunity to create first a project that you can change without any problems simply by removing the reinforcement with the "E" button, and then concreting it when you decided that you did everything right. I completely agree, mechanics with reinforcement and its concreting is very cool

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Hi @madmole

First of all many thanks to you and your team for this game, 7DTD is really awesome! Me and my friends got a lot of pleasant emotions and memories associated with this game, thank you

I read the list of changes in alpha 20 and was pleasantly surprised how much these changes corresponded to my expectations, I literally voiced many of these points during the game, but I would like you to know what features could improve the game in my opinion (sorry for maybe not perfect english)

this is just my subjective opinion, of course I do not demand, but I convey my opinion and I understand that my vision of the game most likely does not coincide with yours

1. Hardcore mode - yes, I mean that game mode with one life as a checkmark in the settings before creating the world. Someone will say that I can decide for myself whether to continue playing after the first death or not, but you must agree that it is very difficult to abandon the progress achieved wanting to play perfectly, but at the same time there are players who, for this very reason, do not try to survive. Many people generally abuse the ability to die (replenishment of food and water, zeroing of negative statuses, and so on) and honest players do not use this just in order not to lose interest in the game. I am not asking to make such a mode mandatory, but possible without mods

I have seen videos on YouTube where people are proud to withstand very dangerous waves directly using their death as a survival tool, this is absurd

In addition, an intermediate option is possible, along with this, you can add the ability to preserve peace and progress. Suppose players play a hardcore mode with 1 life, they can save before the bloody moon or a dangerous mission and in case of failure, death, roll back the world to the time of saving and try again. This will save you from annoyance after accidental death, but it will leave joy from a flawless victory

2. Increase penalties for hunger and thirst up to the death of a character - I don't really understand why you can't die of exhaustion in a survival game, again, to be honest, you don't really care about food in this game , maybe it's even beneficial not to waste time looking for and creating food (again, you can die to replenish satiety) Even if you can't die from it, the penalties for hunger and thirst should be significantly more substantial than a slight decrease in stamina.

3. Death Penalties - based on the first two points, it is quite obvious that players do not consider death losses, especially if they do it on purpose (items can be put in a chest) Did you think that the 10% experience penalty from the current level is prohibitively small? Perhaps an eternal (or very long) decrease in maximum health/stamina or an increase, instead of decrease in difficulty, to make it harder and harder to play if the player dies too often, and not vice versa

4. Zombie intelligence - literally in the first days of the game, it so happened that without any guides I calculated the optimal (in my opinion imbalanced) defense system in bloody moons. The thing is that during bloody moon zombies, obviously, calculate the shortest path to the player and follow only it (maybe they still trigger on the doors because instead of breaking a concrete block with a strength of 2500 they hit a reinforced door with a strength of more than 7000).

Therefore, as soon as the player digs a moat around the base and makes an exit from it leading to the door behind which the player is hiding, the player becomes almost invulnerable with a proper supply of ammunition to destroy them behind the door through the holes (I played at all difficulty levels and only demolishers can oppose something to this, and then by mistake of the player who shot the bomb)

I think all experienced players follow this tactic and it's very boring. Dont you think it is necessary to lay some randomization in the choice of path for zombies? For example, with some small probability, some zombie would choose not most optimal path. For example, they would not run out of the moat, but start digging under the shelter or attack not the door, but the walls. This change would not affect the physics of the game, I'm not talking about they have to act smart, but sometimes they have to act unpredictably

It is about this point that zombies act too predictably. This makes it easy and boring to defend.

5. Nerf of electric fence and explosives. This is incredibly helpful in defending the base during the blood moon. The electric fence slows down the zombies very strongly and it will not break even if 500 or 1000 zombies pass through this thread per night (because parts of the electric fence can stand very far from the combat zone) I understand that it may not be possible to make some kind of victim counter on the fence, but maybe you just need to weaken its effect?

But what does explosives do? It's not even about too strong a grenade launcher, but pipe bombs are incredibly powerful, even at the highest level of difficulty hordes of zombies are ground to powder from some small pipes with gunpowder. It's imbalanced

6. Nerf repairing blocks and doors in battle. Another reason it is very easy to defend is repairing doors during a siege. Is it okay that with a nail gun you can repair thousands of durability on a door in a matter of seconds? With the proper supply of steel, you don't even have to kill them, you can just stand and repair the door (I haven't tested it, but it looks like this)

You can simply add the condition that if the block is attacked, then it takes more time to repair it or repair is not available at all

7. Rework some perks, especially on weapons and armors - you yourself should know that there are completely useless perks in the game, it's sad to see them realizing that they could be better and then the player would have a choice. I'm talking about completely dead branches of weapons (in fact, all melee weapons are almost dead and make no sense, all these spears, bows, crossbows, electric batons and brass knuckles are just too weak and unnecessary weapons partly due to weak perks) The creation of armor is simply useless because it is not difficult to find or buy. Now, if the perk for creating armor would give bonuses when wearing it, it would be a completely different story.

In general, many perks look boring. Most often, when improving them, you do not receive any special bonus, you just receive, conditionally, 20/40/60/80/100% damage and that's it. There is no motivation to upgrade many of them, even for the sake of fun. It seems to me that the developer's task is to make any kind of weapon playable, but now in the game, in fact, there is only a grenade launcher, an automatic shotgun and, possibly, a machine gun (for which you will get tired of creating bullets). The rest of the weapon is a deliberate loss.

8. First aid bandages - what do you think player should be doing during the first days of survival? I don't think he should be looking for the desert on foot to collect the aloever. Otherwise, he will not have the simplest way to heal himself. Either he must abuse death or seek out the desert with a stone axe and a grassy tunic. It might be worth adding a new type of grass for the green biome from which you could make at least some medicine, say, a mini-bandage that replenishes 5 or 10 health points. In addition, you write that the desert will become a more harder biome. In this case, why do you need bandages in the game if you can only craft them when you get a truck and a supply of first-aid kits? (I'm exaggerating)

9. Loot from regular zombies - It would be nice to be able to find a few dollars after killing a wandering zombie. Why not? True, it is difficult to think of what they can find useful besides money

10. Useless dropped loot from an airplane - is a fact. Most likely there are a couple of cans of food and a few cartridges. Almost always not worth the time. It seems that it does not depend on the gamestage. Then why is it in the game?

11. Challenge Quests - you spent time developing note assignments, but I don't understand what they are for? For completing them, you get about the same experience as for killing one zombie, 350 dukes are not worth this time absolutely. Perhaps it is worth at least making the reward dependent on the gamestage, this would be enough for the motivation to chase rabbits with a nail gun.

Perhaps it is worth using the mechanics of the quest chain and then the reward will depend not on the stage of the game, but on the number of completed challenges, thus some players can diversify the routine cleaning of factories and hospitals

12. Vehicle - why is the truck so slow? why is a motorcycle as slow as a truck? why is there only two places in the truck? (I saw about modifications, that's great, thanks)

By the way, in addition to the modifications you specified, I would add a modification for the damage when knocking down zombies (so that you can destroy them as in carmageddon but it may affect the balance in the bloody moon)

13. Infection - you need to do something with it, I actually did not notice its influence for 300 hours in the game. Yes, after zombie hits, I got an infection many times, but I have never experienced problems with curing it, so I never knew what would happen if it rises above a few percent

14. Zombie "tank" - Since there are "special" zombies in the game, why is there not one among them who would break down walls and smash doors? After all, this is obvious. Let it be large and slow so that it can be destroyed from afar, but this would greatly diversify the defense process during the bloody moon and, by the way, would make sniper rifles necessary. I understand that at this stage of development the game, this most likely will not happen. Just a question

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is all the main things that I could remember at the moment, please note that I have not written anything that requires work on game physics or models and textures (almost), basically just change some numbers.

Anyway thank you very much for your attention and the time spent if you had the strength to read everything. Many thanks to you and your entire team for the game. And please add ability to build a railway in the game, I'm tired of driving transport on the way to the merchant (just kidding)

All I see is that you want to remake the game for yourself.
This is not correct.And I don't agree with most of the points.If you don't like something, don't use it.
There are more important things in the game than doing hardcore mode for 100 players across the entire community.

Edited by mstdv inc (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

All I see is that you want to remake the game for yourself.
This is not correct.And I don't agree with most of the points.If you don't like something, don't use it.
There are more important things in the game than doing hardcore mode for 100 players across the entire community.

for example?

I did not say that I am writing on behalf of the entire community, for people like you it is written there that this is purely my personal opinion. I understand that someone wants to survive in survival game, and someone wants bazookas on first day with 10000% of loot and experience. By the way, there is a second in the game, but there is no first

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

6 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Hi @madmole

First of all many thanks to you and your team for this game, 7DTD is really awesome! Me and my friends got a lot of pleasant emotions and memories associated with this game, thank you

I read the list of changes in alpha 20 and was pleasantly surprised how much these changes corresponded to my expectations, I literally voiced many of these points during the game, but I would like you to know what features could improve the game in my opinion (sorry for maybe not perfect english)

this is just my subjective opinion, of course I do not demand, but I convey my opinion and I understand that my vision of the game most likely does not coincide with yours

1. Hardcore mode - yes, I mean that game mode with one life as a checkmark in the settings before creating the world. Someone will say that I can decide for myself whether to continue playing after the first death or not, but you must agree that it is very difficult to abandon the progress achieved wanting to play perfectly, but at the same time there are players who, for this very reason, do not try to survive. Many people generally abuse the ability to die (replenishment of food and water, zeroing of negative statuses, and so on) and honest players do not use this just in order not to lose interest in the game. I am not asking to make such a mode mandatory, but possible without mods

I have seen videos on YouTube where people are proud to withstand very dangerous waves directly using their death as a survival tool, this is absurd

In addition, an intermediate option is possible, along with this, you can add the ability to preserve peace and progress. Suppose players play a hardcore mode with 1 life, they can save before the bloody moon or a dangerous mission and in case of failure, death, roll back the world to the time of saving and try again. This will save you from annoyance after accidental death, but it will leave joy from a flawless victory

2. Increase penalties for hunger and thirst up to the death of a character - I don't really understand why you can't die of exhaustion in a survival game, again, to be honest, you don't really care about food in this game , maybe it's even beneficial not to waste time looking for and creating food (again, you can die to replenish satiety) Even if you can't die from it, the penalties for hunger and thirst should be significantly more substantial than a slight decrease in stamina.

3. Death Penalties - based on the first two points, it is quite obvious that players do not consider death losses, especially if they do it on purpose (items can be put in a chest) Did you think that the 10% experience penalty from the current level is prohibitively small? Perhaps an eternal (or very long) decrease in maximum health/stamina or an increase, instead of decrease in difficulty, to make it harder and harder to play if the player dies too often, and not vice versa

4. Zombie intelligence - literally in the first days of the game, it so happened that without any guides I calculated the optimal (in my opinion imbalanced) defense system in bloody moons. The thing is that during bloody moon zombies, obviously, calculate the shortest path to the player and follow only it (maybe they still trigger on the doors because instead of breaking a concrete block with a strength of 2500 they hit a reinforced door with a strength of more than 7000).

Therefore, as soon as the player digs a moat around the base and makes an exit from it leading to the door behind which the player is hiding, the player becomes almost invulnerable with a proper supply of ammunition to destroy them behind the door through the holes (I played at all difficulty levels and only demolishers can oppose something to this, and then by mistake of the player who shot the bomb)

I think all experienced players follow this tactic and it's very boring. Dont you think it is necessary to lay some randomization in the choice of path for zombies? For example, with some small probability, some zombie would choose not most optimal path. For example, they would not run out of the moat, but start digging under the shelter or attack not the door, but the walls. This change would not affect the physics of the game, I'm not talking about they have to act smart, but sometimes they have to act unpredictably

It is about this point that zombies act too predictably. This makes it easy and boring to defend.

5. Nerf of electric fence and explosives. This is incredibly helpful in defending the base during the blood moon. The electric fence slows down the zombies very strongly and it will not break even if 500 or 1000 zombies pass through this thread per night (because parts of the electric fence can stand very far from the combat zone) I understand that it may not be possible to make some kind of victim counter on the fence, but maybe you just need to weaken its effect?

But what does explosives do? It's not even about too strong a grenade launcher, but pipe bombs are incredibly powerful, even at the highest level of difficulty hordes of zombies are ground to powder from some small pipes with gunpowder. It's imbalanced

6. Nerf repairing blocks and doors in battle. Another reason it is very easy to defend is repairing doors during a siege. Is it okay that with a nail gun you can repair thousands of durability on a door in a matter of seconds? With the proper supply of steel, you don't even have to kill them, you can just stand and repair the door (I haven't tested it, but it looks like this)

You can simply add the condition that if the block is attacked, then it takes more time to repair it or repair is not available at all

7. Rework some perks, especially on weapons and armors - you yourself should know that there are completely useless perks in the game, it's sad to see them realizing that they could be better and then the player would have a choice. I'm talking about completely dead branches of weapons (in fact, all melee weapons are almost dead and make no sense, all these spears, bows, crossbows, electric batons and brass knuckles are just too weak and unnecessary weapons partly due to weak perks) The creation of armor is simply useless because it is not difficult to find or buy. Now, if the perk for creating armor would give bonuses when wearing it, it would be a completely different story.

In general, many perks look boring. Most often, when improving them, you do not receive any special bonus, you just receive, conditionally, 20/40/60/80/100% damage and that's it. There is no motivation to upgrade many of them, even for the sake of fun. It seems to me that the developer's task is to make any kind of weapon playable, but now in the game, in fact, there is only a grenade launcher, an automatic shotgun and, possibly, a machine gun (for which you will get tired of creating bullets). The rest of the weapon is a deliberate loss.

8. First aid bandages - what do you think player should be doing during the first days of survival? I don't think he should be looking for the desert on foot to collect the aloever. Otherwise, he will not have the simplest way to heal himself. Either he must abuse death or seek out the desert with a stone axe and a grassy tunic. It might be worth adding a new type of grass for the green biome from which you could make at least some medicine, say, a mini-bandage that replenishes 5 or 10 health points. In addition, you write that the desert will become a more harder biome. In this case, why do you need bandages in the game if you can only craft them when you get a truck and a supply of first-aid kits? (I'm exaggerating)

9. Loot from regular zombies - It would be nice to be able to find a few dollars after killing a wandering zombie. Why not? True, it is difficult to think of what they can find useful besides money

10. Useless dropped loot from an airplane - is a fact. Most likely there are a couple of cans of food and a few cartridges. Almost always not worth the time. It seems that it does not depend on the gamestage. Then why is it in the game?

11. Challenge Quests - you spent time developing note assignments, but I don't understand what they are for? For completing them, you get about the same experience as for killing one zombie, 350 dukes are not worth this time absolutely. Perhaps it is worth at least making the reward dependent on the gamestage, this would be enough for the motivation to chase rabbits with a nail gun.

Perhaps it is worth using the mechanics of the quest chain and then the reward will depend not on the stage of the game, but on the number of completed challenges, thus some players can diversify the routine cleaning of factories and hospitals

12. Vehicle - why is the truck so slow? why is a motorcycle as slow as a truck? why is there only two places in the truck? (I saw about modifications, that's great, thanks)

By the way, in addition to the modifications you specified, I would add a modification for the damage when knocking down zombies (so that you can destroy them as in carmageddon but it may affect the balance in the bloody moon)

13. Infection - you need to do something with it, I actually did not notice its influence for 300 hours in the game. Yes, after zombie hits, I got an infection many times, but I have never experienced problems with curing it, so I never knew what would happen if it rises above a few percent

14. Zombie "tank" - Since there are "special" zombies in the game, why is there not one among them who would break down walls and smash doors? After all, this is obvious. Let it be large and slow so that it can be destroyed from afar, but this would greatly diversify the defense process during the bloody moon and, by the way, would make sniper rifles necessary. I understand that at this stage of development the game, this most likely will not happen. Just a question

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is all the main things that I could remember at the moment, please note that I have not written anything that requires work on game physics or models and textures (almost), basically just change some numbers.

Anyway thank you very much for your attention and the time spent if you had the strength to read everything. Many thanks to you and your entire team for the game. And please add ability to build a railway in the game, I'm tired of driving transport on the way to the merchant (just kidding)

Generally you should know that a) the game is already half in a beta state, there is still the important feature "bandits" missing, but in general this is the game that will be published, so for example there won't be another big overhaul of skills and perks. And b) that vanilla is considered the game for new players, the intro. Players that have played the base game enough to get bored are expexted to use difficulty settings and especially mods. If you want more difficulty, just test a few overhaul mods, most of them ramped up difficulty.

Some comments to your points:

3) Lots of death penalties were already tried in previous alphas, I see no indication they want to change the death penalty again (but hey, who knows, changes like these can happen out of the blue, just not likely)

4) Some zombies not following the path is already in the game, a few always go into destroy mode.

9) Occasionally you can find stuff on zombies (a yellow backpack). But stuff on every zombie was already tested in a previous alpha and removed because it was endless looting work after a horde night

12) vehicle speed is limited by minimum PC speccs, as well as concurrent zombies spawned for example. A low end PC has to load world data fast enough so the bike isn't stopped on section borders

14) AFAIK there will be more special zombies, but the tank is already in, it is the demolisher.

55 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Generally you should know that a) the game is already half in a beta state, there is still the important feature "bandits" missing, but in general this is the game that will be published, so for example there won't be another big overhaul of skills and perks. And b) that vanilla is considered the game for new players, the intro. Players that have played the base game enough to get bored are expexted to use difficulty settings and especially mods. If you want more difficulty, just test a few overhaul mods, most of them ramped up difficulty.

Some comments to your points:

3) Lots of death penalties were already tried in previous alphas, I see no indication they want to change the death penalty again (but hey, who knows, changes like these can happen out of the blue, just not likely)

4) Some zombies not following the path is already in the game, a few always go into destroy mode.

9) Occasionally you can find stuff on zombies (a yellow backpack). But stuff on every zombie was already tested in a previous alpha and removed because it was endless looting work after a horde night

12) vehicle speed is limited by minimum PC speccs, as well as concurrent zombies spawned for example. A low end PC has to load world data fast enough so the bike isn't stopped on section borders

14) AFAIK there will be more special zombies, but the tank is already in, it is the demolisher.

Hi

thank you for constructive response

a) I didn't say that skills and perks need overhaul, the skills system is good in general, there are just dead branches and because of this, numerous items are dead, just need to strengthen weak and weaken the strong so that all branches of development are playable. I used wrong word. Not "rework" - better "rebalance" 

The feature with bandits sounds cool, I hope we see it soon

b) I didn't know that the game positions itself as a platform for modders. Why is it so bad with them then? I tried mods, to be honest, even the most popular of them seemed to me to be raw crafts in which there are many ideas, but few developed ideas. Curved balance, poor quality graphics, no localization and so on. Although there are a lot of good things. Also, I don't like the mod installation system in this game.

I like the vanilla version more even as it is now, I really like this game and what I wrote above is just problems in existing content. Notice in my post there are very few wishes about new content, I noted fairly fair shortcomings of the existing one. I could dream up anything, but this is not my business, I just gave feedback on existing entities and mechanics

3) but in this state, the game pushes player to intentional death. in turn, this devalues all survival

4) If so, then it does not help them to penetrate into the fortifications. I noticed that some of them hit blocks chaotically, but that's not what I wrote about. As far as I understand, when they are in this state, they do not try to get to player in a different way, different from the path chosen by other zombies. They just hit the ground. 

Isn't that so?

9) Yes, of course, I know about yellow backpacks, but they fall out quite rarely and, as I understand it, they fall out from members of horde, and not random vagrants. It's a trifle, forget it

12) Yes, I thought that the problem is in lags. They have to do something about it, because in the late game you have to travel very far and spend 1/2 of time pressing shift + W is not the most fun activity, driving in the game is generally simple, somehow clumsy and primitive I don't even I know. I understand that this is not GTA, but still.

14) Yes, you are right, demolishers perform such a function and I am very glad that they are in game, because this is the only thing that can cause me a problem in the BM.

I won't argue, and again, I'm not talking about new content, but about revising the old one.

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

for example?

I did not say that I am writing on behalf of the entire community, for people like you it is written there that this is purely my personal opinion. I understand that someone wants to survive in survival game, and someone wants bazookas on first day with 10000% of loot and experience. By the way, there is a second in the game, but there is no first

Your opinion can be written in the appropriate topic.
You wrote all this in the A20 development discussion thread.
How can this be understood in any other way than as a suggestion to change the game?
As the moderator correctly noted, if a person wants to complicate the game for himself, he uses mods.
For this reason, you don't need to change vanilla globally.

Edited by mstdv inc (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Your opinion can be written in the appropriate topic.
You wrote all this in the A20 development discussion thread.
How can this be understood in any other way than as a suggestion to change the game?

1. There is direct communication with the developer. Other people write their wishes, offer their ideas, ask questions, but you decided to find fault with me. Funny

2. This is a proposal to change the game, but I am smart enough to understand that my voice is only one out of hundreds of thousands and I do not seriously count on at least some influence, but since I can, why not try?

7 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

1. There is direct communication with the developer. Other people write their wishes, offer their ideas, ask questions, but you decided to find fault with me. Funny

2. This is a proposal to change the game, but I am smart enough to understand that my voice is only one out of hundreds of thousands and I do not seriously count on at least some influence, but since I can, why not try?

1. Your "suggestions" have nothing to do with reality. Why so you have already been answered.

2. That is, you purposefully commit a deliberately meaningless action?

33 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

For this reason, you don't need to change vanilla globally.

Where do you see proposals for global changes? By and large, I only suggested weakening imbalance mechanics and strengthening weak / useless

Hardcore mode is a separate checkmark for people like me, the same checkmark as creative mode for people like you. Even minecraft has both

2 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

1. Your "suggestions" have nothing to do with reality. Why so you have already been answered.

Why? Can I get detailed constructive criticism on each item please?