A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

On 2/27/2021 at 7:43 AM, meganoth said:

The game seems to have a lot of strange failure modes. I never have observed this in my MP games. Do you use mods? If not you might create a bug report

it does not work in reverse. she does not get a stealth meter jump if I cut down trees. and we are in party. so if you don't wish to take my word for it, host a coop game on steam, join a party, both people crouch and look at the stealth meter. 1 person chop down a baby pine to test. then the other. I dont have any mods that affect stealth in any ways.

Please for the love of all that is holy hotfix the chicken quest! Here's the code you need.

<requirement type="Holding" id="meleeToolRepairT3Nailgun" phase="1"/>

Please?

On 2/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, wolfbain5 said:

I am actually hoping they just fix the trees in stealth. in a party with my wife, I am in the attic, she is 2 km away, she chops down a baby pine tree, and my stealth meter goes to 100? that is just wrong

On 2/26/2021 at 10:04 PM, hiemfire said:

Knee jerk first suspicion is the game is having any player generated noise emit from all players in the group or maybe from the game host (I've run into similar, not just with trees either, and I usually host our games).

Has she experienced the reverse, a noise generated by you causing a observability spike for her?

@wolfbain5I think hiemfire may be on the right track. Maybe you could test that based on who is host, and whether other actions effect stealth. It would be helpful to the Dev's if you made a proper bug report on the topic.

Edited by skullpoker
avoiding double post (see edit history)

48 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

That's a bummer... visual changes to the vehicle when you add mods are not only for aesthetics, they also give to us (players) a sense of progression and attainment IMO.

I understand it's a LOT of work, so I won't complain, I'm just saying it should be added in the future since it's not only nice to have but also good for better immersion.

We should get the ability to capture and tame wild vehicles too. And train them to higher levels. I believe that gives us players a sense of progression and attainment too. Also it would be cool to have npc leaders in each town  that  give us medals when defeated.

5 hours ago, Blake_ said:

I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the "Super Charger" mod and what does it do exactly? 

2. Is there any mod planned to make climbing moderate hills/ slopes easier ?

seeing as a supercharger increases power i guess you second question is answered by your first...  expect fuel consumption to increase with a supercharger....

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

Could you expand on the expanded seat. For instance does that mean we can finally take a passenger on the motorcycle and pop a couple more people in back of the 4x4? Will it also affect the minibike? Bicycle I can see staying as single seater...

Would be great if we could have a max of 8 people fit on a single bicycle... 😜

23 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

How about a spikes mod for increased damage against entities? :)

So how will the mod design work exactly? Will there be a progression system where the minibike can hold more mod(s) than a bike, a motorcycle more than the minibike, and so on?

the Minibike should look like a Bike but. Has a Motor 

And spikes would be cool. 

some more offensive parts of vehicles would be nice.

Spike: Easy deal bleed and Deal damage
Wedge: knocks enemies and other Vehicles Away and adds armor. 

Motor Blades: Want to make a Super lawn mower but for zombies?  Sure, uses more fuel and power.  

On 10/28/2020 at 9:49 PM, madmole said:

9) Pipe Weapons for Primitive Tier

• Pipe Rifle
  • Pipe Pistol
  • Pipe Baton
  • Pipe Shotgun

20) New Zombies/ Entities

• Nurse
  • Drone
  • Screamer
  • Fat Cop

can we get the chinook helicopter and hot air balloon and scuba diving gear?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/Rust/

7 days to die is in dire need of some bosses that are actually a challenge to fight games way to easy would like to see hard bosses like the old resident evil franchise decades ago would have

3 hours ago, Icekiss69 said:

7 days to die is in dire need of some bosses that are actually a challenge to fight games way to easy would like to see hard bosses like the old resident evil franchise decades ago would have

Personally, I'd like to see something dangerous that player would like to avoid - like you prefer to avoid dogs early in a new game.

I really don't like that high level just leads to more and more rad's with tons of health, that ruins the pace. Reminds me The Division and its "bullet sponges"...

8 hours ago, Maharin said:

Only with the VW Beetle mod.  :p

Spoiler

spacer.png

18 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

It states on the front page that the outfit system is still a WIP and will not be shipping in A20. Apologies for asking a stupid question, but does this mean that the outfit system will be an A21 feature?

A21 at the soonest.

8 hours ago, roughgalaxy said:

That'd be awesome if the roads in rwg weren't always so jank 🤣

ha! come to new zealand and drive on our roads. then you will see some jank roads

and they are full of busses and damned camper vans too

20 hours ago, roughgalaxy said:

That'd be awesome if the roads in rwg weren't always so jank 🤣

just go around LMAO. or make you're own way with a Drill bus mod. 

Plus its not about how to uses it. its about sending a message

12 hours ago, Roland said:

A21 at the soonest.

no the classic armor is going to stay for now until A21.

Hope there is More to A20. cuz the armor thing was the big thing for me. 

I'm pretty confident there will be an A22.

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

no the classic armor is going to stay for now until A21.

I know. My point was that the current clothing and armor system will stay the same at least until A21 (maybe longer).

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

On 3/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, Reckis said:

But the fact that Z's can hear you thru walls (or underground for that matter) at 100 ft. range has always been one of my pet peeves. I was just feeling a little snarky that day

"Awake" zombies are more attentive and can hear you at much longer ranges than sleepers.

An unsuppressed rifle can get you a lot of attention.