Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

9 hours ago, unlike them said:

Yes, wasteland is very stressful, but the loot is so worth it, after you do one quest you will not want to do other biomes. I suggest going there after you think you can handle zombie bears.

Yes, I'll be going back after I get a nice big scary gun :)

I saw in patch notes something about sleeper respawn now being tied to loot respawn? does this mean if loot respawn is off, the sleepers will never respawn too? Because I've been wanting that change forever and if it's finally in the game I owe the devs an extra thumbs up!

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

1. Does anyone know how to extend the blood moon? Here is my first blood moon at A20. The zombie respawn ended at ~ 00: 00. Too easy

3. It's still a shame that the classic vanilla game still lacks the incentive to explore the world. Robbing the same infinitely renewable POIs by a trader is very tedious. A setting is needed so that the trader would issue each POI only once and would never repeat it again forever/for a while/until any conditions are met (for example, all POIs in the world are fulfilled). Otherwise, the whole variety of POIs or the size of the world do not matter. A very serious Barter nerf is urgently needed (more precisely, a secret stash of a trader) @madmole please, give us a slider, see it while you are here!😂

The blood moon will restart if you quit to the menu and reload your game. 

The incentive to explore is player driven. Either you want to explore or you don't. Just make a habit of clearing every POI in your starting town. Or set up a mini base in another town and clear every POI in that town.  For someone with so many complaints about the Trader you appear to have strong desire to do Trader quests.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:02 PM, Roland said:

Instead of calling it "Twitch Integration" call it "Random Event Manager Prototype" and you will have legitimate reason to celebrate all of Lathan's work in this area even if you never ever participate in a single stream.

Not to take anything away from A20 but the future has some game changing awesomeness in store....

Oh hell yes!  When I saw the shielded zombie and the need to kill the other first I was like, "That would be great in the normal game!"  Looking forward to seeing how some of those are brought into the full game.

10 hours ago, beerfly said:

Every trader have his own territory where he gets his money coming from. 

There is this guy called The Duke and he rules out there 🎈

So, does working enough Tier 1 jobs at a trader finally open Tier 2?  Then tier 2 for 3, and 3 for 4, etc.  The first trader gave me tier 1 and then tier 2 and the new trader special.  The new trader only had tier 1.  What is funny though, is they kept sending me between those two traders for the special mission and finally a 3rd trader special mission.  Now all the special trader missions I've had are just bouncing between those 3 traders.  They are all forest biome.

2 hours ago, Firecat said:

I saw in patch notes something about sleeper respawn now being tied to loot respawn? does this mean if loot respawn is off, the sleepers will never respawn too? Because I've been wanting that change forever and if it's finally in the game I owe the devs an extra thumbs up!

If loot respawn is 0, then sleeper respawn is 30.

14 hours ago, meganoth said:

For me infections biggest danger are the stamina debuffs and max health loss. In the early game you can die fast if stamina goes out in inappropriate moments. And sometimes you waste a lot of time hunting for honey to just delay the infection instead of really curing it.

In my current SP game antibiotics became available in week 3, before that I had to do with honey and one single herbal. As I was using knife for melee I was hit more often than I liked and additionally vultures proved hard to hit.

I used a quest reward for 4 herbal and before that I spent a lot of ducks on 1 antibiotic.

Strangely I haven't needed anything yet, maybe the infection chance has been dropped?

In this world, I haven't found a single Honey yet, I cant tell how many stumps I hacked at.  (approaching 100)

Hey guys,

wondering if this topic did already arise although I could not find any referrence to it.

With the new block system I wonder how to fix old POIs, because what I get to see if I load a custom POI in the experimental version is this:

spacer.png
spacer.png

Is there any solution to this problem other than rebuilding the whole thing from scratch or replacing each block after each block manually – hopefully with a very good memory as to which block was used before and which paint was used on them?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

9 hours ago, bachgaman said:

1. Does anyone know how to extend the blood moon? Here is my first blood moon at A20. The zombie respawn ended at ~ 00: 00. Too easy

I agree that for us "veterans" of the game, the first BM is too easy... but it's supposed to be kind of an introductory blood moon for new players.

Also, you're playing in a team of 3 people, so it's even easier for you... I don't know if that's already taken into account, but I think the total number of zombies in the BM should be multiplied by the number of players that play. I think there's something along those lines for MP, but I don't remember the details (I only play SP).

2 hours ago, Aldranon said:

I used a quest reward for 4 herbal and before that I spent a lot of ducks on 1 antibiotic.

Strangely I haven't needed anything yet, maybe the infection chance has been dropped?

In this world, I haven't found a single Honey yet, I cant tell how many stumps I hacked at.  (approaching 100)

The only Honey I've found so far has been from Zombie Loot Bags, I believe. One of my Quest Rewards earlier today was 2 x Antibiotics. But I also haven't been infected yet either.

I'm sure I saw some bee hives in farm POIs earlier. Maybe if you break them open you'll get Honey hopefully.

14 minutes ago, Rizno said:

The only Honey I've found so far has been from Zombie Loot Bags, I believe. One of my Quest Rewards earlier today was 2 x Antibiotics. But I also haven't been infected yet either.

I'm sure I saw some bee hives in farm POIs earlier. Maybe if you break them open you'll get Honey hopefully.

I believe those are just a variant of the farm plot block stacked on top of each other.

image.thumb.png.85e00a974a0e63498c8740bb125c6307.png

Yessssss. Trader Jen you Tig Biddy Nurse GF, you finally found me one!! Maxed out better barter FTW. Too bad I spent too much money buying random crap before checking her secret stash and realizing I'm 2K short, but that's not problem for someone with maxed out Daring Adventurer!

I rant about Int being janky because 70% of the perks are mediocre at best or don't work right, but by golly those remaining 30% are some of the best perks in the game

Edit: Siiiiccccccc, the drone tells you when zombies are sneaking up on you!! I never saw a streamer use the drone beyond simple tests, so I didn't know it would do that. Neato, that could even be something that could scale with int to make the drone an int item, enemy detection range or something, maybe at max level it could even ping your radar in a small radius? Dunno, I mostly just love that warning it gives for mining, don't think it would be overly OP for PoI clearing if the warning didn't detect / mark sleepers (since quests mark enrage zombies anyway)

OK, little unclear, its hard to find the current version of XP so I can know to wipe or not, I might turn off auto update so I know when its going to update. There is usually a thread every release that shows the fixes & current XP version. I'm glad I voted for Large updates instead of frequent ones long ago, this was a good 1, great job now get it STABLE PLEASE...

2 hours ago, Rizno said:

I finally found a honey at Game Stage 33.  I chopped up 6 Bee Hives and didn't find anything.  Maybe wrench them?

On a positive note, its Day 9 and I haven't gotten infected.  Of course I rarely get hit now as I shoot and scoot!  :D

1 minute ago, Aldranon said:

I finally found a honey at Game Stage 33.  I chopped up 6 Bee Hives and didn't find anything.  Maybe wrench them?

On a positive note, its Day 9 and I haven't gotten infected.  Of course I rarely get hit now as I shoot and scoot!  :D

Putting my legs back against my desk with my 11 honey sitting in a storage crate behind me (day 8). :D

I'm on day 19ish and have been infected 3 or 4 times now, but fortunately was lucky with the medicine drops and was able to cure myself. However, 1 of those infections was a result of my computer going to sleep (closed the lid to far by accident) and me being nearly murdered by a zombie while it woke back up. The others were when I got punched by various bears (don't ask). Bears seem to infect you a LOT.

2 hours ago, Durham said:

Hey guys,

wondering if this topic did already arise although I could not find any referrence to it.

With the new block system I wonder how to fix old POIs, because what I get to see if I load a custom POI in the experimental version is this:

spacer.png
spacer.png

Is there any solution to this problem other than rebuilding the whole thing from scratch or replacing each block after each block manually – hopefully with a very good memory as to which block was used before and which paint was used on them?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

A20 POI Conversion | 7 Days to Die

Trader had a nice tier 2 SMG for sale. Score! Am I crazy though, or was the reload animation changed? Also feels like reloading takes way longer than it used to. Edit: checked the XML files and the reload seems to still be the same, I must just be spoiled by my agility pistol perk. Been a while since I started a new game!

I feel like reload on the Auto shottie was slowed down horrifically as well, but maybe it's just my imagination. It needed a nerf either way, although reload speed on it basically doesn't matter because it has like 35 shells with a drum mag, so you only reload after you cleared the entire horde.

14 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

I feel like reload on the Auto shottie was slowed down horrifically as well, but maybe it's just my imagination. It needed a nerf either way, although reload speed on it basically doesn't matter because it has like 35 shells with a drum mag, so you only reload after you cleared the entire horde.

Horrific and doesn't matter? What are you really saying here?

15 hours ago, bachgaman said:

2. Today I started a new game without a trader, a survivalist, 50% loot. The amount of ammo at the start of the game is roughly equivalent to what I might call survival. The ammo remain for emergencies only. This suggests that the number of ammo and grenades among the trader's rewards should be multiplied not by 0.5, but by 0. It would be cool to be able to craft "poor ammo" (with a chance of misfiring and lower damage) from inventory without a workbench to start the game, but without the crazy rewards from the trader.

3. It's still a shame that the classic vanilla game still lacks the incentive to explore the world. Robbing the same infinitely renewable POIs by a trader is very tedious. A setting is needed so that the trader would issue each POI only once and would never repeat it again forever/for a while/until any conditions are met (for example, all POIs in the world are fulfilled). Otherwise, the whole variety of POIs or the size of the world do not matter. A very serious Barter nerf is urgently needed (more precisely, a secret stash of a trader) @madmole please, give us a slider, see it while you are here!😂

Idk why but junk MG looks like mp40 in vanguard style xd

Archived