Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

16 hours ago, SeregaMP said:

Hi, I have a question for the developers. Will the visual effect of "healing" the drone change in Alpha 20? It seems to me that many people do not like what is now. Who agrees support this.

Not me, I am perfectly fine with the visual effect.  Not sure why someone would have an issue with it, but everyone is different.

I think the only thing I would like to change the color of the icon for the healing wait period like they mentioned in the stream

17 hours ago, SeregaMP said:

Hi, I have a question for the developers. Will the visual effect of "healing" the drone change in Alpha 20? It seems to me that many people do not like what is now. Who agrees support this.

In my opinion, the quest marker being a floating glowing exclamation mark is a much bigger fish to fry. I’d like to see that change to an NPC 

31 minutes ago, Roland said:

In my opinion, the quest marker being a floating glowing exclamation mark is a much bigger fish to fry. I’d like to see that change to an NPC 

Or a very obvious and extremely readable prop, like a written note in a  container or a drawed text on a pole, tree, fence, stand, bin, etc that can't be destroyed/respawns until player reads it.

Much much cheaper that way and the edge cases are already in (satchel).

32 minutes ago, Roland said:

I don't Roland, that would be immersion breaking for me to see some dumbass just standing there all the time in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Maybe change the exclamation point to a corpse or a note on the ground?

4 minutes ago, Kalex said:

I don't Roland, that would be immersion breaking for me to see some dumbass just standing there all the time in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Maybe change the exclamation point to a corpse or a note on the ground?

I would prefer no quest marker at all and the quest just starts when you get close.  This would prevent people double dipping the POI, but does come with some challenges. (E.g. what to do about shared quests, failed activations due to bedrolls / landclaims, etc.)

1 hour ago, Kalex said:

58 minutes ago, Roland said:

Sure…a corpse or a note. My point is that the healing effect is a lot less noticeable. While playing you rarely even see it because it heals you automatically from behind you. 

54 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I would prefer no quest marker at all and the quest just starts when you get close.  This would prevent people double dipping the POI, but does come with some challenges. (E.g. what to do about shared quests, failed activations due to bedrolls / landclaims, etc.)

Honestly dead body with note sound's logical - someone died before getting stuff so you need do the job

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Honestly dead body with note sound's logical - someone died before getting stuff so you need do the job

So the trader sends you to a quest that was already given to someone else... How does the trader know the other person died and so giving you the quest?

Unless the trader hasn't heard from that person in a while maybe and asks you to go check???

35 minutes ago, Space4Ace said:

So the trader sends you to a quest that was already given to someone else... How does the trader know the other person died and so giving you the quest?

Unless the trader hasn't heard from that person in a while maybe and asks you to go check???

Radio? 

Or trader expect that guy will came 2-3 days ago and he is missing. So if he is missing he is dead because trader doesn't belive that he run away (explanation)

5 hours ago, Roland said:

Sure…a corpse or a note. My point is that the healing effect is a lot less noticeable. While playing you rarely even see it because it heals you automatically from behind you. 

They could add a stream of big yellow exclamation points coming out of the drone and healing you in a shower of hp. I think that would be more realistic. It wouldn't hinder the Zd's ability to kill you at all. 

2 hours ago, Orville Tootenbacher said:

Any word of more haze/atmosphere being added? Besides the better ambience of a foggy night in the forest, during the day objects look too sharp and clear. Even when at a distance. I think it would add to the realism if there was more of a haze in the air even on sunny days.

Weather has been discussed in stream number 5. Yes, you will have the haze, and the rain, and the snow, and wind, etc.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1171068368?collection=-_AUSAIToxZ19g

On 10/15/2021 at 2:21 PM, faatal said:

As Roland said, people have specific roles. Programmers are not interchangeable. Over time two can be if they both learn a system well, but that rarely happens, since there is plenty of work to spread around. New programmers can be a time drain, since they often have to ask other programmers how stuff works and sometimes you could of just spent that time fixing it yourself. Then you get new bugs while fixing bugs, which just happened recently when a consultant tried to fix a bug where they don't understand all the game features, then I spend time looking at their bugs and trying to help, blah, blah, blah.

100% makes sense. Just thought i would ask (probably could of done so less dickishly 😛 )

On 10/17/2021 at 2:57 PM, Space4Ace said:

If the trader has thousands of quests to offer and all of the people who previously attempted them are all dead (coincidentally?), we, the players, should all be concerned. ;)

39 minutes ago, Astronomical said:

So before the guy was killed by zombies he stopped and took the time to write a note? Nice guy..

nope. he was attacked he killed them but he was bleeding and was he will not survive this so he wrote a note

7 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

If the trader has thousands of quests to offer and all of the people who previously attempted them are all dead (coincidentally?), we, the players, should all be concerned. ;)

nah another normal wasteland day :) maybe thousands of them died but few of them manage to do they job so we can buy new stuff ^^

Archived