Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

20 hours ago, palikkamaa said:

Honestly, after seeing these RWG changes, Im more excited to play vanilla rwg over Nitrogen maps for the first time in years. (Sorry for the possible duplicate posts)

Same, super hyped for A20

Also Lathan has some amazing reaction faces

image.png.8b7e0237c6201527336bb8e8a1bd0dad.png

8 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm failing to see how TFP hiring new programmers is beneficial then.

Because once new programmers come up to speed they can be a net positive to the team, you just don't want to be doing that while you are trying to get an alpha out and fix a hundred programming bugs. That is why one of our new programmers is working on player outfits for a21 and not a20 tasks.

48 minutes ago, faatal said:

Because once new programmers come up to speed they can be a net positive to the team, you just don't want to be doing that while you are trying to get an alpha out and fix a hundred programming bugs. That is why one of our new programmers is working on player outfits for a21 and not a20 tasks.

Sweet. Sweeeet. Please make sure to explain the concept of "MF" before hiring them, or else they could get offended out of the blue.

- Previous job?

- EA Sports ball programmer.

-I see, do you know what MF means?

5 hours ago, vergilsparda said:

*snip*

Should be quick to pick up because of all of the new filters to choose from within the shape / creative menus.  What will mostly take alot of time to learn is what you can do with all of the shapes.  Especially all of the new trim blocks.

I suspect players will come up with new and creative uses for them apart what the level design team uses them for.

I am mostly excited to see what kind of castles people make now.  I'd try making one myself but just don't have any free time.  😅

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Guppycur said:

spacer.png

Credits to Mumpfy

Our brain cells before every release.

1 hour ago, DaVegaNL said:

Hi huys,

Long time no see! I've just checked the latest dev streams and I'm excited for the new random gen!

Question; are there any dedicated tunnel poi's, or are they part of the surface poi's?

Hey man, Kin mentioned in latest stream there could be bigger sewege systems underground, no POIs though. 

Some metro stations would be core.

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

We don't need Hitler, we already have the average Steam hater dudes out there... ;)

Nah, let them be.

More than 128k very positive overall reviews (87% of all) and 1877 very positive recent reviews for last 30 days (92% of all recent) speak enough.

source : Steam

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)

8 hours ago, faatal said:

Could spoiler us what we will get in A21 roadmap? 😅

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Could spoiler us what we will get in A21 roadmap? 😅

I heard they want to add giant anime swords for the players. Also chibi versions of a player showing up when that player talks in chat.

I think that will be great.

3 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I heard they want to add giant anime swords for the players. Also chibi versions of a player showing up when that player talks in chat.

I think that will be great.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

< 3 hours later....> OO. 

THIS IS  HERESY!  

THIS GAME MUST BEEEE GRIMDARK!  SO NO TO ANY ANIME SWORDS!.

But chibi anime avatars on chat would so cute awww

< yep i love cute thing like cats, vampires or  fatal frame characters but shiii>

7 hours ago, Demonoid74 said:

Now we just need some Hitler ranting about A20 videos and the hype will be real...

I've looked around and can't find any of the caption generator sites that offer the Hitler video any longer. Seems YouTube took down all the posted Hitler videos as well after it was requested by the film-makers of the Hitler movie that was always used for those spoofs. I guess if someone has a clip of it and some caption generation software they could do it but the old easy way is gone now and it can't be uploaded to YouTube so you'd have to host it somewhere else.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Roland said:

I've looked around and can't find any of the caption generator sites that offer the Hitler video any longer. Seems YouTube took down all the posted Hitler videos as well after it was requested by the film-makers of the Hitler movie that was always used for those spoofs. I guess if someone has a clip of it and some caption generation software they could do it but the old easy way is gone now and it can't be uploaded to YouTube so you'd have to host it somewhere else.

Progress! Eh! :ohwell:

40 minutes ago, Roland said:

Captionsmaker.com and use 

https://youtu.be/veH64BnIg58

5 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

God u are sexy.

Lol, good to see you're still around, sexy. It's been a very long time since I've been on this forum. A lot has happened since my daughter was born around a19's release. Good to see familiar faces. Or other body parts.

5 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

God u are sexy.

9 minutes ago, DaVegaNL said:

Lol, good to see you're still around, sexy. It's been a very long time since I've been on this forum. A lot has happened since my daughter was born around a19's release. Good to see familiar faces. Or other body parts.

@SnowDog1942 X @DaVegaNL ship 

If this mean snowy will forget about pervet stuff and focus on new partnership?? 

YOU WILL LEARN IN NEXT EPISODE OF ALPHA 20 DEV DIARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<DAMN I NEED TO HAVE NEWSSTANDS TO BE "INFORMATION CENTER" - YOU KNOW LOOKING FOR RUMORS , LEAKS ETC DAMN NEWSSTANDS ARE PERECT 

WARM? CHECK

GOOD VIEW? CHECK

METAL BAR AND DOOR TO KEEP YOU SAFE? CHECK!

CUTE PICTURE OF CAT AND SKELETON? CHECK!>

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

< 3 hours later....> OO. 

THIS IS  HERESY!  

THIS GAME MUST BEEEE GRIMDARK!  SO NO TO ANY ANIME SWORDS!.

But chibi anime avatars on chat would so cute awww

< yep i love cute thing like cats, vampires or  fatal frame characters but shiii>

I think you are overreacting. TFP always* stated that their vision was a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena with flying bears and chibi entities that explode in Confetti when killed. It was talked about in the A20 Dev series 5 (5th stream of this year). They also confirmed* that most of the dev team lads are in the process of locking themselves up in content, which might prove faatal in the long run.

* : aka TM. Statement that will become true real soon,soonish or mostly sooner.

5 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

I think you are overreacting. TFP always* stated that their vision was a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena with flying bears and chibi entities that explode in Confetti when killed. It was talked about in the A20 Dev series 5 (5th stream of this year). They also confirmed* that most of the dev team lads are in the process of locking themselves up in content, which might prove faatal in the long run.

* : aka TM. Statement that will become true real soon,soonish or mostly sooner.

hm... i must but in time and send them creepy and gore stuff to create something bettwen 7dtd and mortal kombat- ultra gore system, rotting corpses this game would be so brutal that it will be only way to buy it would be black market XD