Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

22 hours ago, faatal said:

It is possible, but I don't know. You asked a design question to programmers. We typically know the designs of the systems we are working on, but as far as extra content outside the scope of what we do, we would only know if someone mentioned it to us. Additional content to an existing and working system tends to fall into the polish category of if someone has time and desire, then maybe there will be more of whatever.

I am going to second that request provided it can be done easily.

I like how birch trees look very different than other trees and that would certainly add some variety.

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

@faatal someone on Steam said that the Raft could be added in A20 since it's basically already working well. Is this true/probable?

It could. It is not working as a whole, but the parts are there. We have model/textures. We have vehicle buoyancy/forces code. It all needs to be put together, tweaked and tested. Recipes and icons made. Added to loot lists. So many hours of work, which could be done for A20, but don't bet on it.

3 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

will we have A20 streamer weekend or experimental release by the end of October 2021?

I keep telling 'em, if you want to get a HUGE marketing boost, try and get some of the Hololive girls to play. Several of them have played it in the past, and they have a very dedicated and massive following. You can go read the Steam reviews for a game after one of them streams it a single time, and there will be a bunch of reviews just saying "I saw a shark play this and so I bought it. great game"

IRyS has talked about 7 Days to Die before and was going to stream A19 once but had a schedule conflict, and several of the JP members still actively play it. If you guys reached out to try and get some of the English members to showcase A20, I'd say several would be willing, and if you want to hit the over seas market, Pekora (like the third biggest vtuber in the world and second most viewed female streamer globally across all platforms) has actually played 7Days in the past quite a bit. Gura (biggest Vtuber in the world) plays horror games a lot and would probably be open to playing, although she'd be bad and die a lot

I'm not saying you guys should do this, I'm only heavily implying it

Edited by Khalagar (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Khalagar said:

I keep telling 'em, if you want to get a HUGE marketing boost, try and get some of the Hololive girls to play. Several of them have played it in the past, and they have a very dedicated and massive following. You can go read the Steam reviews for a game after one of them streams it a single time, and there will be a bunch of reviews just saying "I saw a shark play this and so I bought it. great game"

IRyS has talked about 7 Days to Die before and was going to stream A19 once but had a schedule conflict, and several of the JP members still actively play it. If you guys reached out to try and get some of the English members to showcase A20, I'd say several would be willing, and if you want to hit the over seas market, Pekora (like the third biggest vtuber in the world and second most viewed female streamer globally across all platforms) has actually played 7Days in the past quite a bit. Gura (biggest Vtuber in the world) plays horror games a lot and would probably be open to playing, although she'd be bad and die a lot

I'm not saying you guys should do this, I'm only heavily implying it

<ironical mode in on>

ATTENTION  X WARNING X ATTENTION X WARNING.

We will NOT let change 7dtd into weeb stuff. Our community must be edge, cringe and pervert. 

THIS SUGGESTION IS LIKE WARCRIME ! We must say : no. Better and more CHAD option is : make a lot controversy to became the most well know early acces on the world! 

human right? We should add so edge stuff to 7dtd that conan exile slaves will became  wellpaid workers. Gore? We will make something brutal that even serial murders will say it is too brutal!. strange stuff? we are going to create so crazy stuff so even @SnowDog1942 will say it its too perverted for him!

This will make this game the most well know on this planet! 

<ironical mode is off>

Honestly i think hololive is not good idea. Better idea could be if devs add enough lore to let Mat Pat create some theories about this game

11 hours ago, faatal said:

But what does the Magic 7 ball say?

52 minutes ago, zztong said:

Hmm, not a bad idea for 7D2D merchandise. I wonder what the 20 potential answers would be.

15 answers would say It's done when it's done.

4 answers would say Soontm

1 answer would just oddly call you a "milk drinker" whatever that means.

16 minutes ago, Morloc said:

I'm pretty sure girls don't play computer games. 🤔

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

Hey Morloc i have small problem - well closed newsstand are technically dead newsstand, Ja? 

So could be you be so kindly and make them untoten? Gut?

<crazy laught>

1 hour ago, Morloc said:

Zakończony! It's a nice spot right at the gate.

Undead Market by TyphonArt on DeviantArt

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

PIEKNIE ! well good old painkiller  btw  good game but shame this concept art is so far from actual game - but damn! 7dtd in purgatory! omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg @faatal want maybe some  briliant game? 😏

BTW well i think i know how will look @SnowDog1942 in afterlife

Ten Things You Didn&#39;t Know About Painkiller – The Astronauts

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

PIEKNIE ! well good old painkiller  btw  good game but shame this concept art is so far from actual game - but damn! 7dtd in purgatory! omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg @faatal want maybe some  briliant game? 😏

BTW well i think i know how will look @SnowDog1942 in afterlife

Ten Things You Didn&#39;t Know About Painkiller – The Astronauts

I didn't expect a Painkiller post here. It's a great game though :D

It was mentioned in todays stream elevation among cities wasn't possible unless it could all be contained within the one tile with mention of the roads being the pin points. Would it work for 1 tile acting as the incline, 1 tile acting as the decline, and still stitch together to look like a large hill? Could 4 be made to create an amazing mountain with each being 1/4?

@Kinyajuu I don't know if this question got through in the Dev Stream:

Will there be more RWG map size options in both ends of the spectrum?

Like 2k x 2k and 4k x 4k ones for low end PCs or maybe even for "full-landscape-no-cities" players .

And/or 16k and 32k sizes (with "RAM's gonna get bad" warnings) for crazy PC rigs (or gameplay future proofing).

15 hours ago, Matt115 said:

ironical mode in on

Dude you wouldn't believe how many people unironically act like that. You'll be in the deepest turbo nerd obscure hobby, and mention anime and you'll still have people start screeching about anime being too much.

I'd say trying to coax some of the Vtubers into playing would be a solid move for TFP because the viewer base is ultra dedicated and will watch them play literally anything and then go buy it, and several of the members are already interested in the game so a chance to stream A20 before it releases would probably be cool with them as long  as they were told far enough in advance to  fit their schedule.

From what I remember from A19, most of the streams were around 600-1800 viewers max, so getting someone like Pekora who averages like 25,000+ live viewers would be pretty huge imo