Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

Hello! Earlier, Mr. @madmole wrote that construction in the A20 will require fewer clicks, and I support this. But when players paint their buildings, they still use a lot of clicks. Is it possible to make an improved "brush", for example, a spray can with paint or a roller that would paint the blocks that the player is looking at from one click of a button and would not have to press 100500 times on the mouse button? Also interesting is the opinion of @faatal - would it be difficult to do this from a technical point of view? Perhaps this can already be done with mods?
And there is also a request from many players to expand the list of lamps and lighting devices that a player can make. Yes, it can be easily done with mods, but players often want it in the vanilla version of the game. What do you think about it?

• Dislike 1

52 minutes ago, Games'n'Grumble said:

Hello! Earlier, Mr. @madmole wrote that construction in the A20 will require fewer clicks, and I support this. But when players paint their buildings, they still use a lot of clicks. Is it possible to make an improved "brush", for example, a spray can with paint or a roller that would paint the blocks that the player is looking at from one click of a button and would not have to press 100500 times on the mouse button? Also interesting is the opinion of @faatal - would it be difficult to do this from a technical point of view? Perhaps this can already be done with mods?
And there is also a request from many players to expand the list of lamps and lighting devices that a player can make. Yes, it can be easily done with mods, but players often want it in the vanilla version of the game. What do you think about it?

I have only used paint once or twice over the years but from what I remember there is an option for spraycan or roller that paints larger areas.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:13 AM, Roland said:

It's a team. Everyone does their part and acts in the role that is best for the whole. Might as well ask why an entire soccer team doesn't stand in front of the goal to all help the goalie block shots. Bugs are assigned to the programmers that are intimately familiar with the parts of the game that they have been working on. If your plan could actually work and be effective, rest assured, they would do it.

It comes from the first page of this thread. The source is TFP. Real as real gets. TBH, that is probably just a softening blow to get people used to the idea of Mid-November. The first target was simply an estimate, not a promise.

Dammit @faatal & other pimps.

clickitty, click get punching in bug fixes and code so we can have streamer weekend 10/22/21 to 10/24/21 then experimental release 10/25/21.

**notice how I included the year**

Poor Faatal, can't even chill on the company forums without having to turn in a job completion summary every night. Already stressful enough when the bosses are micromanaging you, but even worse when the (non)paying customers are doing it en masse too!

• Haha 2