Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

2 minutes ago, WaywardEko said:

With some of the recent huge streamers shifting from Twitch to YouTube, is there any investigation about making the current twitch integration available on YouTube Gaming?

Twitch integration is a twitch feature. Prime made 7 Days to Die work with that feature. He didn't create it and then choose to make it work with Twitch. If YouTube has some kind of audience participation feature like Twitch does then it might be possible to create a version that would work with that platform. Does YouTube have a similar feature to Twitch that the game could hook into? I have no idea.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Twitch integration is a twitch feature. Prime made 7 Days to Die work with that feature. He didn't create it and then choose to make it work with Twitch. If YouTube has some kind of audience participation feature like Twitch does then it might be possible to create a version that would work with that platform. Does YouTube have a similar feature to Twitch that the game could hook into? I have no idea.

Unfortunately I don't think it does.

Prime MIGHT be able to do something like... make it work with a bot that the player needs to run, which then pushes commands to the game to do the same thing. But that'd probably be a lot of work.

Are the sounds going to be worked on any more? A lot of the sounds are quite cartoonish especially the punch noise the zombies make when they hit walls. Is there a possibility of overhauling the sound to a more fitting, creepy tone? Something like scratching fingernails instead of the cartoon punch sound?

I’m not sure. They do it to coincide with Prime’s regular streaming schedule. 

50 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

@Roland do you know if the devs are planning for 1 dev stream per week or are they gonna squeeze 8 dev streams in just 13 days like they did for a19?

Edit: More is alway better !! heheh.

Also, I know what it is you’re trying to get me to help you calculate…

9 minutes ago, Roland said:

I’m not sure. They do it to coincide with Prime’s regular streaming schedule. 

Also, I know what it is you’re trying to calculate…

me too, they are sneaky in trying to pin down dates... RNG is as much part of life as it is part of a game. :)

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

me too, they are sneaky in trying to pin down dates... RNG is as much part of life as it is part of a game. :)

*ahem*

System.Random rnd = new System.Random();

int currentYear = 2021;
int randomYear  = rnd.Next(0, 10); 
int releaseDay  = rnd.Next(1, 30); 
int releaseMonth  = rnd.Next(1, 12); 
int releaseYear = currentYear + randomYear;

Log.Out("Release Date: " + releaseDay + "-" + releaseMonth "-" + releaseYear);

There's your RNG release date generator. Feel free to use it. ;)

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

*ahem*

System.Random rnd = new System.Random();

int currentYear = 2021;
int randomYear  = rnd.Next(0, 10); 
int releaseDay  = rnd.Next(1, 30); 
int releaseMonth  = rnd.Next(1, 12); 
int releaseYear = currentYear + randomYear;

Log.Out("Release Date: " + releaseDay + "-" + releaseMonth "-" + releaseYear);

There's your RNG release date generator. Feel free to use it. ;)

not realistic - it should be  10 000 max year😭

3 hours ago, Yeppi said:

Is it planned that you can shoot from the moving vehicle or will that never happen? It would be cool if you could do it while driving like in GTA (google translated)

There are no plans for it, but it could happen someday.

1 hour ago, faatal said:

My dream regarding driving would be a mounted machine gun as so many have requested and/or being able to drive with a first person view plus have passengers all being able to shoot out the windows as in see your hand holding the pistol or smg shooting at stuff.

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

There's no "surprised" emote so I put "afraid" lol

@Roland *hint hint* ;) 

what the hell.... we need M5 HALF-TRUCK WITH ANTI AIR GUNS AGAINST THIs #$!$@$%#!#$ Vultures! honestly this guy who was thinking  it was good idea to add them should paid me compensation ! 

@faatal I've got a few pre-stream questions.

1- Is the game in content lock already or might we see some last minute art squeezed in within the dev streams' timeframe?

2- A while ago, there were some words from madmole about road decals. Do you know if they have been improved for a20?

(I know it's kind of insignificant, but it's a very sentimental milestone as they have been in the game since alpha 1 and everything else has changed).

3- It has been said here that water can be in the sewers.

Have there been any changes to the way the player walks on top of small shallow waters?

(The brutal slowness of walking on a finger-sized pond might spoil the fun if sewers are even slightly watery and "populated" )

4- Have you tried the feral sense option yourself in a gameplay? If so, how good is it?

That's all . Thank you for your time.

19 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

My dream regarding driving would be a mounted machine gun as so many have requested and/or being able to drive with a first person view plus have passengers all being able to shoot out the windows as in see your hand holding the pistol or smg shooting at stuff.

First person view would probably come first.

16 hours ago, Blake_ said:

@faatal I've got a few pre-stream questions.

1- Is the game in content lock already or might we see some last minute art squeezed in within the dev streams' timeframe?

2- A while ago, there were some words from madmole about road decals. Do you know if they have been improved for a20?

(I know it's kind of insignificant, but it's a very sentimental milestone as they have been in the game since alpha 1 and everything else has changed).

3- It has been said here that water can be in the sewers.

Have there been any changes to the way the player walks on top of small shallow waters?

(The brutal slowness of walking on a finger-sized pond might spoil the fun if sewers are even slightly watery and "populated" )

4- Have you tried the feral sense option yourself in a gameplay? If so, how good is it?

That's all . Thank you for your time.

1 Not locked at all

2 Same decals

3 Same speed, but yes it could use some improving

4 Just for testing. I have not started playing real games

2 minutes ago, faatal said:

First person view would probably come first.

You will get bonus points from me if while driving in first person view you can see the car get damaged/windshield crack or blood splatters on the window as you hit stuff or take damage to the car.

Maybe the cars sound changes and it rattles when it is very damaged.

20 hours ago, faatal said:

RE: shooting from the vehicle.

Make it so the player who can shoot must be the passenger in the jeep. or the player in the upcoming A20 motorcycle side-car WINK WINK

Archived