A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

7 hours ago, Roland said:

You think I don’t know the rules for this thread let alone the whole forum and that I just go off assumptions based upon emotional outbursts by Madmole and never have direct conversations with him where he says, “Roland, let’s try and do a better job keeping the mod talk out of the dev diary”?

When you say that sometimes a mod brings better balance, what you mean is that a mod sometimes makes the game feel better and more fun FOR YOU. 

But by all means keep bring up mods in this thread and see what happens...

Yeah guys Roland here knows what he is doing. He's been around so it would be good to listen to him. 

8 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

If at any poi there is a doghouse, there may spawn a dog. So if you don't know a poi, it's always a good idea to walk around first (with some distance) and look for such signs. Maybe even on the backside of the building stands written "be aware of bears"... ;)

Yeah, I did notice a dog cage after the attack. I never seen this in the game before. Thanks for the tip. 

Edited by sillls (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

20200916214549-1.jpg

Little confused with quests, I died during one yet marker still on map for quest but when I try to find marker now its not visible.

Dieing while on a quest auto fails it as one of the conditions is always to not die. So your going to need to cancel the quest and get a new one or try relogging as that can sometimes fix it.

18 minutes ago, zWolfer said:

So this is the "black" zombie you are talking about? you really think he is "black".. aham... now i know why you dont wanna see black zombies in this game..

All zombies in this game have skin, no one has a black skin.

If its just a game with zombies, why do you care if there is black zombies or stronger females? what your problem with them? You dont wanna see them? ok your opinion, but you cant tell that there is black zombies or strong females. Feral and soldiers are MAN. You cant see the different between grey, yellow and black, now you cant see the different between genders? omg

YghV03q.png

Spongebob Man Ray GIF - Spongebob ManRay Facepalm - Discover & Share GIFs

Boe is black, have you ever seen a black person like that? 

and im not agents Seeing a strong woman zombie. If they add another special infected zombie that is a woman then cool.  

and you're the person thats bring race and gender in the game, no me. if this game just had rotten skeletons walking around people would still complain.

and i say the feral, solder and crawler are "Unlisted" because there is nothing about them that says "Im male or im female" are you saying Woman can't be tall pr can be solders?? the Only thing you can tell about the Feral wight that its a PERSON is because of its butt. It has no genitals of many kind, its a person who are Radiated to the point where they lose everything. can you tell me who they where due to their face? no its a face that wants to eat you're heart like a Apple!

God please shoot me already....

i am done having this discussion, im going to eat Acid jello 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Here is what Boe aka Infected Survior looked like before his HD rework:

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Infected_Survivor

As for the HD rework it is just a far more decomposed and decayed version of him.

As for strong females the Big Fat Mama zombie has more HP and hits harder then even the Army zombie.

Edited by Danidas (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, zWolfer said:

So this is the "black" zombie you are talking about? you really think he is "black".. aham... now i know why you dont wanna see black zombies in this game..

All zombies in this game have skin, no one has a black skin.

If its just a game with zombies, why do you care if there is black zombies or stronger females? what your problem with them? You dont wanna see them? ok your opinion, but you cant tell that there is black zombies or strong females. Feral and soldiers are MAN. You cant see the different between grey, yellow and black, now you cant see the different between genders? omg

YghV03q.png

Why are politics always trying to find their way inside a f*cking fantasy videogame?

They are zombies, f*cking zombies, the only thing that i care about them is their uniqueness to gameplay, i couldnt give two sh*ts about the background of a zombie im going to get rid of in 2 seconds. And besides that, I already know that a lot of people (probably like yourself) will start calling out players for mentioning the zombies as "the black zombie" (in case he has a special ability or combat difference),  or the more deranged will start complaining about players killing minorities in the game...

Also, oversexualized? Fat mamma? Darlene? Lab worker? Arlene?

If you're talking about the nurse, it's your typical "sexy nurse", monster or not, like the nurse from Silent Hill or certain movies. It's like having a fat suicider zombie in a zombie game. They're so engraved into movies/games that it's hard to get em out.

The cheerleader is pretty normal to be honest, and is supposed to be the typical american high school girl probably.

The reworked model of the stripper, is pretty self-explanatory, it's not oversexualized, it's literally what it is.

But if you really want "realism" in a zombie game, then every zombie should turn into a fatless husk with possibly their intestines out, pale skin, wrinkles, bad teeth, eventually no nose, oh and full of their own literal sh*t. So f*cked up, that you wouldn't be able to tell gender, physique or race.

9 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

The cheerleader is pretty normal to be honest, and is supposed to be the typical american high school girl probably.

as someone that is in high school. no lol

She is my least favored zombie due to the color of her cloths, I know she is iconic but she also does not fit in much like the football player. Maybe they could turn her into a Business woman or maybe she can be room to make a new special infected. *Cough *cough* My Ravager Idea *Cough*

Still agree with out on everything else...

@zWolfer Okay buddy, just stop. This is getting old already. You wouldn't want the ban hammer slamming down on your account, would you? Don't awaken Roland. ;)

Boe is black (*I didn't know that before, but as someone pointed out before, skin decays), Big Bertha is your "strong female zombie", and that's that. We play games to have fun, not to have a political debate. If you want more, go to one of your SJW rallies.

(*I acknowledge that I said we need diversity before, but given how skin decays, this is a non-issue really. Who knows what or who the crawler and other future special infected were before their "transformation".)

1 minute ago, Danidas said:

Both the Cheerleader and the Football player are getting removed in A20 as been mentioned by the devs in this very thread many pages ago.

The cowboy as well, if I'm not incorrect.

Besides, to fit in with the lore, perhaps all the weak/overweight humans perished sometime in the apocalypse and only the heavily muscled and/or intelligent types (the bandits) survived? Who knows.

(*Bandits and other survivors.)

1 hour ago, zWolfer said:

I'm not black but I can still understand that there isn't even a black zombie in the game. I am not a woman and I can understand that all female zombie in the game were created to be weak or sexualized. Its a game, but im a real person, if you are mind blinded by a game, im sorry for you.. All i said was my opinion, i wanted to see things different because its a zombie apocalypse game based in a real world, real state. But kids are always going to be kids, thats not changing. I hope the ppl who matters to the game, see this and do something about it, just it.

Thanks for your input. It has been received and taken under advisement. There is no further need to talk about this as the proper people who needed to see your feedback have seen it and will make their decision on the artistic representation of the zombies as well as the relative strengths and weaknesses between zombie types.

Further discussion of how race, gender, ethnicity, sexual preference, religion, political persuasion, etc are represented or under-represented or over-represented in the game shall be considered political discussion and dealt with under that rule. Leave it and let TFP design what they will in this regard. 

"Oh great @Roland May i summon you in times of need, I and Other have Dabbled in the Dark spell of politics, May i summon you to Cleanse this Forum from the Aberrations that I and others have made!  Cleanse it With you're mighty mouse! and Sweep this forum of the dust that falls! Amen"

im going to keep that.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:41 PM, Demandred1957 said:

ffs dude. ya. I know you are trying to be helpful and all, but why would I do that when A whatever da heck it is going to be dropped and I need to update?

Just make the updated, default setting game, playable for noobs or people that aint into the hanging on by your da$# fingernails crowd..

you need to opt out of current build and scroll down to experiment build to get latest update. sorry i misread comment unfortunately updating sometimes changes setting so just put it back to where you had them i have to every time so i feel ya.

Edited by worf3k (see edit history)

On 9/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, katarynna said:

There's also a quite long thread in the support subforum regarding this issue.

I have experienced this bug With 19 twice in 2 POI. Shotgun Messiah Factory and the Coal Mine place.  Forget exact name of coal place, has lung in the name also. These 2 occurrences happened over about 80 hours game time so definitely odd and difficult to reproduce. Exiting and reload from main menu(SP) solved the glitch both times.  Note, the blocks were fine physically interactions wise. Only the rendering was wrong. As mentioned by other poster, seems related to distance POI rendering because wrongly rendered blocks all simple texture solidity color. In addition both times I recently arrived then got off vehicle.    Factory  occurrence was right outside the main lobby door and occurred soon as I drove to the place parked hog and walked near door.

7 hours ago, zWolfer said:

My argument are just the facts, there is no black zombies or strong females and some of them are sexualized because this is true happening. Opinions are something different, like you dont wanna see black zombies or strong females or you dont think the game needs that. So you can disagree with my opinion but not the facts.

Do you know that black is black right? not grey or something else. Go to character creation and there you can see real black. I think who doesnt play the game is you, or you live in a different dimension where you think grey ppl exists and they are black.

If you wana talk about facts, well then lets see. men have testosterone which directly related to muscle mass, bone density and whatever else bulks ya up. Women dont have this all natural 100% organic Non-GMO gluten free testosterone that men have. So that being said man in relative to women are gonna be stronger genetically. Ya you can have some bulked up women but your everyday house wife isnt gonna look like a UFC champion.

Edited by Roland
removed political speech (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, BobbyLee298 said:

Ya you can have some bulked up women but your everyday house wife isnt gonna look like a UFC champion.

They don't need to look like the champion, just like Karate Hottie Michelle Waterson, or  Carla Esparza, Paige VanZant, Miesha Tate (minus the nose), or Jessica Eye, or Ashley Yoder.

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

And don't nobody mention Fallon Fox because that right there is just an example of yet another strong man lol

4 hours ago, BobbyLee298 said:

If you wana talk about facts, well then lets see. men have testosterone which directly related to muscle mass, bone density and whatever else bulks ya up. Women dont have this all natural 100% organic Non-GMO gluten free testosterone that men have. So that being said man in relative to women are gonna be stronger genetically. Ya you can have some bulked up women but your everyday house wife isnt gonna look like a UFC champion.

Edited by Roland
Removing political stuff (see edit history)