A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

I Tried to post on Bug Report, but it seems to have closed: 

Have posted in General Discussion .. Under .. Disappearing Building Parts as you turn .. 

There is an ISSUE With SMG Turrets after placing them.

OK .. Everyone, I think I figured out what the problem is .. Bases Having this issue of popping items ... It started again when I was putting down SMG Turrets in another New Game ... you can only have so many in A19 .. Vanilla it seems to be ( 7 ) at the moment and they have to be 7-8 blocks between them .. Because once I picked up ALL my turrets it stopped .. (which was 12 SMG) and then I started to put them back down .. 1 in each corner of base and it was still good .. NO POPPING .. then started to add a SMG to the center between each corner  (which was on this base 8 block) and I was able to add 3 more .. BEFORE I started to get that popping in and out windows, doors, furniture and etc.

** This is end my Games and it is Happening in both Modded and on the 2 Vanilla games (1 Vanilla map and 1 custom map), everyone else could be different .. Depending on Base size and location **

I Have Never encounter this issue before Until A19 and always use 12 turrets .. 3 on each corner of the base .... NOW .. I Don't know if this will happen with the Shotgun Turrets or Not.

I'm Hoping someone at TFP will read this and look into it .. But there seems to be a bug with turret placement.

EDIT ....... Ok .. Did some more checking in Vanilla .. Shotgun Turrets Do Not Seem to have this issue  .. I removed the 3 SMG turrets and added 8 Shotgun turrets. At this point _ I'm not getting an issue with the popping of items.

NOW the base has 4 SMG and 8 Shotgun Turrets. ........ The spacing with shotgun is normal

There must be some kind of issue with turrets that TFP didn't catch and hopefully they will fix.

Edited 6 minutes ago by gpcstargate
Added Info (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

Sexualization is the backbone of North America. Look at the recent film Cuties on Netflix

Not really questioning your overall point.... but that film was made in France and is set in Paris, so hardly a statement on North America

50 minutes ago, Kalen said:

Not really questioning your overall point.... but that film was made in France and is set in Paris, so hardly a statement on North America

Yeah true enough. I suppose sexuality being as repressed as it is in cultures around the world, it really is what most people in most places think about. But my girlfriend is from Czech Republic, and she said that the culture is way different down there, that the hypersexualization of North American youths far outweighs anything she's ever seen back home. It's not uncommon to see little girls taught to wear dresses and skirts that end at the knees, I think Cuties is trying to imply that the way things are in North America, things are also that way in Europe abroad, an attempt to "americanize europe" in a sense, but I don't think it's true. The sexual proclivities of our culture are likely exclusive to our culture, it's the fluoride and the fake food lol messes with our brains. There are American movies and clothing choices to be found in europe to be certain, but there's also a higher standard of self-respect among the people, a higher standard of parental discipline toward modesty in their children. 

By the way, I'd LOVE to see a dog companion in 7 days to die. Or something like that. Or a horse with a saddle and saddlebags on it! Imagine your horse gets mucked by a direwolf and you have to secure whatever items were in its saddlebag, then breed/buy a new one. 

Edited by Promethean Winchester (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

By the way, I'd LOVE to see a dog companion in 7 days to die. Or something like that. Or a horse with a saddle and saddlebags on it! Imagine your horse gets mucked by a direwolf and you have to secure whatever items were in its saddlebag, then breed/buy a new one. 

Better, we will have drones rounding around us, capable of many things depending on setup we choose. A20 dev diary is near, so not long till we see.

We have bicycle, minibike, motorbike and a precious gyrocopter, better than horse. (sorry horses). And a 4x4 that is gonna get some love as all others in the future. 

And sadly, a dog companion have been discussed and rejected, probably because the complexity of the worlds (generated or pregenerated), things as path finding can`t be as in Minecraft you know. 

15 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Better, we will have drones rounding around us, capable of many things depending on setup we choose. A20 dev diary is near, so not long till we see.

We have bicycle, minibike, motorbike and a precious gyrocopter, better than horse. (sorry horses). And a 4x4 that is gonna get some love as all others in the future. 

And sadly, a dog companion have been discussed and rejected, probably because the complexity of the worlds (generated or pregenerated), things as path finding can`t be as in Minecraft you know. 

plus if they added horses i would just eat them.

I thought that my first day was rough. I forgot how bad it can get at night. 

I set up camp at a trailer were I started at. I got attracted around midnight by a feral zombie. At first it was not so bad. Then I ran into a spider zombie. I thought that going unarmed against a dog at the start  was tough. I managed to kill it but broke both my arm and leg at doing so. Got infected again.

Found out that I can patch up both my arm and leg using the materials of one cast. Treated the infection with the last of my honey. 

Even with the fire out I still get zombies and feral zombies attacking me all night. 

Still plagued with fatigued but not a big deal. 

Hoping to do better the next day. 

3 minutes ago, sillls said:

I thought that my first day was rough. I forgot how bad it can get at night. 

I set up camp at a trailer were I started at. I got attracted around midnight by a feral zombie. At first it was not so bad. Then I ran into a spider zombie. I thought that going unarmed against a dog at the start  was tough. I managed to kill it but broke both my arm and leg at doing so. Got infected again.

Found out that I can patch up both my arm and leg using the materials of one cast. Treated the infection with the last of my honey. 

Even with the fire out I still get zombies and feral zombies attacking me all night. 

Still plagued with fatigued but not a big deal. 

Hoping to do better the next day. 

next those condors will come after you!

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

Awww....You were always the Shovel Man. End of an era. 

I call them shovel spears and yes they are still good. and in a way better than the spear. 😁

Power thrust.

Spears are great at keeping your distance. 

But when your fighting against fast enemy's like birds the bone knife is better.  

You know, this gives me an idea... 

3 minutes ago, sillls said:

I call them shovel spears and yes they are still good. and in a way better than the spear. 😁

Power thrust.

Spears are great at keeping your distance. 

But when your fighting against fast enemy's like birds the bone knife is better.  

You know, this gives me an idea... 

i mean i would uses a shovel as a blunt weapon but ok Game!

Home alone shovel hitting GIF - Find on GIFER

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Just now, sillls said:

lol

I love this!

But no you can't use the shovel as a blunt weapon currently. All you can do is thrust with it. 

im talking realistically. sure you can uses it as a bladed weapon, Mostly if its a Tactical or Military shovel. but the shovels that we have in our yards that may or may not be rusting away, we would mostly uses it as a blunt weapon

In the older awesome horror game Nocturn for the PC...there was an old western level with zombies and I bashed so many to death with a shovel! 

and it was mostly straight out bashing them in the head with it...great game that could have turned into an entire series but sadly never did...

I found a leveling system that I kind of like. I'm on Warrior, 60 minute days. First 4 points go into strength and sex rex level 2, that covers my melee with the club and makes me able to fight effectively. Then for the first in-game week I invest only in intellect; 3 points into intellect, then 2 points into advanced engineering, 1 point into physician, and 2 points into grease monkey. All workstations and the minibike available. Then I just use whatever pipe bombs and molotovs I got from quests to do horde night while running around, typically after popping a skull crusher for bonus melee damage for my power attacks.

This run I got the minibike by dawn of day 7, but I got bounded on by a pack of dogs while digging up a buried treasure, tried to drive away, got away, then thought "I need their rotten meat for farm plots". Long story short I died and now have to start over because I do permadeath, damn shame, but I enjoyed my experience and 10/10 will do it again on a different seed. After that first week of investing in intellect I don't know what to do next, any suggestions? I was thinking continuing in strength investment, getting level 4 pummel pete for extra melee proficiency, then investing in Miner 69er and Motherlode. I tried fists and spears but I find that they, like the knife, don't have enough staggering power to chain headshots without fear of being bounded on by a rage mode activation. I can control the fight better with the club than any other weapon, I find, even against multiple zombies in an enclosed space. 

Btw, can you buy steel tools and drum magazine mods from the Trader? Wondering if I should read those books, or just sell them and wait until I see them at the trader. Finding the parts for steel tools is kind of a drag, buying them is expensive too. Magazine drums are obviously awesome especially when paired with Magazine Extender, just wondering if I can get drum mods from traders instead of having to craft them myself to see them.

Edited by Promethean Winchester (see edit history)

• Roland locked this topic