A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

Hey guys, fireman's almanac Vol 3 increases attack speed with axes by 5%. My question is, what constitutes an axe? Are Pickaxes included in this? What about Stone Axes? Steel and Iron Fireaxes? I guess the main question and my main priority is, are pickaxes included? That would make me read it

12 hours ago, hiemfire said:

I think you might want to add plates above the trap doors, rotated so they're flat against the roof's overhang. Dogs can slip through a 1 block high hole iirc and the plates help mitigate that.

I am going to do that, thanks in advance for when the time comes that this change saves my life 

3 hours ago, n2n1 said:

About animation.

This impudent movement of throwing out a magazine from a sniper rifle - it doesn't look cool in the current situation. It seems that the shooter is a moron.

He's not afraid to wreck anything? Or, maybe, he doesn't know that weapon magazines are not a single-time item and they are reused?

Yep, animations in general (not just reload) could use some polish, and they could easily get rid of the death animations by just enabling ragdoll on death. They could even tone down the ragdoll, except for 2H melee, explosives and shotguns (full-on Hollywood effects for these please).

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Isn't the wording used actually "fireaxe"?

Dunno man, I heard 7dtd's firemen were into medieval battleaxes lately. Could be just a rumour though. They would break doors like : By the heavens, the only easy day was yesterday! Or something like that.

2 hours ago, Promethean Winchester said:

Hey guys, fireman's almanac Vol 3 increases attack speed with axes by 5%. My question is, what constitutes an axe? Are Pickaxes included in this? What about Stone Axes? Steel and Iron Fireaxes?

All axes, including stone. Not the picks/pickaxes though. Perk is tied to the tag "axe" which appears on these items:

<item name="meleeToolRepairT0StoneAxe">
    <property name="Tags" value="axe,melee,light,tool,longShaft,attStrength,perkMiner69r,perkMotherLode,perkTheHuntsman,canHaveCosmetic"/>

<item name="meleeToolRepairT0TazasStoneAxe">
    <property name="Extends" value="meleeToolRepairT0StoneAxe"/>

<item name="meleeToolAxeT1IronFireaxe">
    <property name="Tags" value="axe,melee,grunting,medium,tool,longShaft,attStrength,perkMiner69r,perkMotherLode,canHaveCosmetic"/>

<item name="meleeToolAxeT2SteelAxe">
    <property name="Extends" value="meleeToolAxeT1IronFireaxe"/>

From progression.xml:

<perk name="perkFiremansAlmanacSpeed" parent="skillFiremansAlmanac" max_level="1" base_skill_point_cost="0" desc_key="perkFiremansAlmanacSpeedDesc" long_desc_key="perkFiremansAlmanacSpeedLongDesc">
    <effect_group>
        <passive_effect name="AttacksPerMinute" operation="perc_add" level="1" value="0.05" tags="axe"/>
    </effect_group>
</perk>

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, there's a lot of traffic in this thread...

Has anyone had any issues with disappearing trees since updating to the latest experimental build? It's a weird bug - trees disappear when looking directly at them, but appear when you're not looking directly at them.

I did not start a new game world since updating the build, so I don't think I can create a bug report. And, everything else seems to be working fine for me, so if it's a choice between starting a new game or living with the bug, I can live with the bug.

27 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, there's a lot of traffic in this thread...

Has anyone had any issues with disappearing trees since updating to the latest experimental build? It's a weird bug - trees disappear when looking directly at them, but appear when you're not looking directly at them.

I did not start a new game world since updating the build, so I don't think I can create a bug report. And, everything else seems to be working fine for me, so if it's a choice between starting a new game or living with the bug, I can live with the bug.

Unless I'm mistaken, I heard that's a common issue every time someone updates their world at least once. I don't know the cause for it though.

29 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

thats been a thing for me sense A17

24 minutes ago, Tetrameth said:

I had a problem with artifacts popping in/out a while back and found out that my high FOV was the culprit, turned it off and it stopped completely. It certainly wasn't a fix but it was an explanation.

I don't remember adjusting the FOV, but if I did, it would be a while ago, so maybe I just forgot. I'll try messing with it to see if it solves anything - worth a shot. Thanks!

EDIT: Also this is the first time I've personally seen it, though it's certainly possible it's an artifact of using the same game world.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

All axes, including stone. Not the picks/pickaxes though. Perk is tied to the tag "axe" which appears on these items:

<item name="meleeToolRepairT0StoneAxe">
    <property name="Tags" value="axe,melee,light,tool,longShaft,attStrength,perkMiner69r,perkMotherLode,perkTheHuntsman,canHaveCosmetic"/>

<item name="meleeToolRepairT0TazasStoneAxe">
    <property name="Extends" value="meleeToolRepairT0StoneAxe"/>

<item name="meleeToolAxeT1IronFireaxe">
    <property name="Tags" value="axe,melee,grunting,medium,tool,longShaft,attStrength,perkMiner69r,perkMotherLode,canHaveCosmetic"/>

<item name="meleeToolAxeT2SteelAxe">
    <property name="Extends" value="meleeToolAxeT1IronFireaxe"/>

From progression.xml:

<perk name="perkFiremansAlmanacSpeed" parent="skillFiremansAlmanac" max_level="1" base_skill_point_cost="0" desc_key="perkFiremansAlmanacSpeedDesc" long_desc_key="perkFiremansAlmanacSpeedLongDesc">
    <effect_group>
        <passive_effect name="AttacksPerMinute" operation="perc_add" level="1" value="0.05" tags="axe"/>
    </effect_group>
</perk>

Thanks a lot!

So I was doing horde night and there's a new pipe bomb glitch happening. I lit the pipe bomb, threw it, then the next one in my hand was ALREADY ignited, and blew up simultaneously with the one I had thrown. I survived it the first time this happened, went "wow... What the hell was that?" Healed, then tried to use a pipe bomb again. It happened again, only this time I died. I play permadeath, lost 7 hours of my life to this bull@%$#. I can handle perfectly fine dying to my own mistake, but pipe bombs were working just fine before this little tweak update. What the HELL happened? Somebody else try to use pipe bombs, see if this bug happens for you too. Thanks TFP, once again your game has let me down. Basic function is too much to expect a whole 7 years later, thumbs up guys. Anyway, my sour attitude aside... This happened in Pregen1, with the world name Cthulhu County. I was on a dirt road near the strip club approximately 500-800 meters from trader Jen. Not pleased. I understand that I'm playing experimental, and that bugs will happen. But you did not configure explosive weapons at ALL in this update, am I mistaken in that? How the hell can you add ambulances and work trucks and BREAK pipe bombs in the process?

Edited by Promethean Winchester (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

So I was doing horde night and there's a new pipe bomb glitch happening. I lit the pipe bomb, threw it, then the next one in my hand was ALREADY ignited, and blew up simultaneously with the one I had thrown. I survived it the first time this happened, went "wow... What the hell was that?" Healed, then tried to use a pipe bomb again. It happened again, only this time I died. I play permadeath, lost 7 hours of my life to this bull@%$#. I can handle perfectly fine dying to my own mistake, but pipe bombs were working just fine before this little tweak update. What the HELL happened? Somebody else try to use pipe bombs, see if this bug happens for you too. Thanks TFP, once again your game has let me down. Basic function is too much to expect a whole 7 years later, thumbs up guys. Anyway, my sour attitude aside... This happened in Pregen1, with the world name Cthulhu County. I was on a dirt road near the strip club approximately 500-800 meters from trader Jen. Not pleased. I understand that I'm playing experimental, and that bugs will happen. But you did not configure explosive weapons at ALL in this update, am I mistaken in that? How the hell can you add ambulances and work trucks and BREAK pipe bombs in the process?

Same thing has happened to me, what I'd suggest as a work around is lighting one pipe bomb that isn't in a stack. I believe this bug was added in the 19.1 updates so far.

I'm honestly really sorry I blew up like that. Truth is, today I was trying to quit smoking. I hadn't had a smoke all day, 10 hours. My mom smokes so they're always in the house, and I was having a lot of fun succeeding, and after I died to this bug, it drove me to have a smoke. It's my own fault that I broke and had one, and I have to try to quit again tomorrow. But I don't think I can play 7dtd while I'm quitting... It's too unpredictable. Even if alpha 19 is stable when I'm not in experimental branch, I just don't trust it during this transition to non-smoking. TFP, I love your game. It is extremely fun and I'm proud of you guys for making it and trying so hard to provide a truly fun and engaging experience for us all to enjoy. I love you guys for your devotion and creativity and I know it's not easy to transform your game from what it was to what it is now. And I know these things happen when you change a game. I know it's fickle and unpredictable, that bugs occur when you change a game's coding, and it's not your fault at all. Sorry guys. Keep doing what you do and I know I'll appreciate it greatly when the time comes that I'm no longer in this transitional period. 

Edited by Promethean Winchester (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Promethean Winchester said:

I'm honestly really sorry I blew up like that. Truth is, today I was trying to quit smoking. I hadn't had a smoke all day, 10 hours. My mom smokes so they're always in the house, and I was having a lot of fun succeeding, and after I died to this bug, it drove me to have a smoke. It's my own fault that I broke and had one, and I have to try to quit again tomorrow. But I don't think I can play 7dtd while I'm quitting... It's too unpredictable. Even if alpha 19 is stable when I'm not in experimental branch, I just don't trust it during this transition to non-smoking. TFP, I love your game. It is extremely fun and I'm proud of you guys for making it and trying so hard to provide a truly fun and engaging experience for us all to enjoy. I love you guys for your devotion and creativity and I know it's not easy to transform your game from what it was to what it is now. And I know these things happen when you change a game. I know it's fickle and unpredictable and it's not your fault at all. Sorry guys.

dont know your age but, i am 62 , my dad died in 03 and my mom died 4 yrs ago... i quit cold turkey. basically.. if youre young for heavens sake quit dont let them ruin your health like mine is now.. i am on oxygen machine sometimes because of being hard headed.

and the pipe bomb and dynamite issue is reported in a20 so hopefully for future build in a19.# too.

good luck on quitting smoking :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Just now, unholyjoe said:

dont know your age but, i am 62 , my dad died in 03 and my mom died 4 yrs ago... i quit cold turkey. basically.. if youre young for heavens sake quit dont let them ruin your health like mine is now.. i am on oxygen machine sometimes because of being hard headed.

and the pipe bomb issue is reported and fixed in a20 so hopefully for future build in a19.#

good luck on quitting smoking :)

Thanks mate ^_^ Well you know how it is, find out what your triggers are and avoid them. I think gaming is a trigger for me, the highs and lows drive me to smoke once the momentum stops and the enjoyment becomes disappointment or anger. I might have to detox from gaming as a prerequisite to quit smoking is my point, and after enough time has passed I can come back to gaming with a fresh mind, ready to enjoy it all the more. Sorry about your parents man, I'll take your advice to heart because I know it comes from a place of real concern and life experience. I used to smoke for years but I only just recently got back into it because my mom did, so since it's only been a week and a half, I'll have an easier time quitting than I would if I'd been smoking longer than this. I remember when I used to smoke tobacco with weed through a bong... Jesus, that was hard to quit all those years ago. It's my opinion that cigarettes should exist, but nicotine shouldn't. It's chemical warfare and everyday good working people are the victims of it.

5 hours ago, Promethean Winchester said:

Thanks mate ^_^ Well you know how it is, find out what your triggers are and avoid them. I think gaming is a trigger for me, the highs and lows drive me to smoke once the momentum stops and the enjoyment becomes disappointment or anger. I might have to detox from gaming as a prerequisite to quit smoking is my point, and after enough time has passed I can come back to gaming with a fresh mind, ready to enjoy it all the more. Sorry about your parents man, I'll take your advice to heart because I know it comes from a place of real concern and life experience. I used to smoke for years but I only just recently got back into it because my mom did, so since it's only been a week and a half, I'll have an easier time quitting than I would if I'd been smoking longer than this. I remember when I used to smoke tobacco with weed through a bong... Jesus, that was hard to quit all those years ago. It's my opinion that cigarettes should exist, but nicotine shouldn't. It's chemical warfare and everyday good working people are the victims of it.

Good luck brother, that's a tough one to break. I'm not a smoker but my fiance is & she still struggles to this day at times. It's been over 10 yrs since she's smoked.

Hang in there man & yeah maybe put the gaming on hold for a minute if that is a stressor. Life has enough stressors as it is!

• Roland locked this topic