New forum design

Kalex

I can edit this post as I find more.

• The threads-per-page is locked at 10 threads plus pinned threads, whereas before it was perhaps 40 threads per page.
  • The bar at the top should be restored to have links to e.g. the official wiki and the rules page.
  • Edit: social media sharing buttons removed now.
  • Edit: smileys fixed now.

I really like the new color scheme.

The layout threw me off a bit when I first opened the page.

I wasn't sure if I hit the right shortcut link.

I have yet to jump in to all the nooks and crannies and test all features are working properly.

(like the search functionality)

I like it. It looks great... That's my 1 vote, not that we are voting, but if we were... :)

(New Forum Layout - My feedback)

Minor annoyance #1 - Why is my user picture so small? Weren't they a bit bigger before?

I spent a lot of time whipping that up (a whole 10 min) just to use here, exclusively. Oh well.

I'm torn. On one hand it's going to be used more, but on the other hand I'm going to miss the personalized hilarity that comes with some reps (looking at you gazz).

Looks like the old reputation system is gone. Every time you get a thumbs up for a post it increases your rep number by one now. Might need to readjust the levels and breakdowns.

Any Way that i can remove the Facebook and Twitter share Buttons from my Posts? Not only that i cannot see them, but also so that other users cant share my written content without my permission to Mark Zuckerberg and NSA ? Tinfoil Talk, i know ^^. But kind of a Dealbreaker for me.

People will always hate changes - at least, most of them.

I like the new design, however, i would like a better font-color, both for reading any typing. Grey on dark, and almost grey on grey in the reply-ready is a no-go in 2020. I understand what you're trying to get it to be inspired by the same colors, as the game and so, but the overall colors needs to be corrected a bit. That's for sure. It wont take long time, to make the changes :-)

Also, fix the top-banner. The current format and size, makes no sense :-)

G3sHAad.png.af613a5c70043497f70456622d450482.png

I tried to paste a image, and was happy to see that upload startet - however, the image-link was broken, and after trying to submit my post, the page returned this message:

QT9INq1.png.5dd3f1a8b2d5db63b0b74a8b78068676.png

_But i'm happy with the better experience, when it comes to using images. The old forum had way to many limitations, related to size and so_ :-)

And oh, the spoiler-button is missing an icon:

g4ChTv4.png.a45f75cff09923df51731d0175d31aa7.png

It would also be nice to have auto-embedded images, like it's done on most other forum-software, nowadays.

Any Way that i can remove the Facebook and Twitter share Buttons from my Posts? Not only that i cannot see them, but also so that other users cant share my written content without my permission to Mark Zuckerberg and NSA ? Tinfoil Talk, i know ^^. But kind of a Dealbreaker for me.

It would be a service to all forum users to remove the spy buttons of facebook at least. Even if someone has no facebook acount, his browsing history is sent to facebook. At least from all sites that have such a button on it.

Just to reassure everyone...the current look of the forum is not intended. Someone is working on getting the old theme or something like it back again. These colors are just the default dark theme and will be customized for 7 Days to Die soon.

Yeh we know that, and we know we can change the colors etc in our settings, but not being able to post like say, in the dev diary... Is that intended or temporary?

Archived