Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I've gotten stuck on the hospital ER entrance many times. Not looked at it. Probably the ground slope there. Jumping gets me over the edge.

No major changes planned for A19. If I find bugs, they may get fixed, but I have a long list of bugs, so it just depends on which ones are more important and how hard they are to fix. Important bugs and easy to fix bugs are normally attended to first.

Thanks faatal.

Yeah I was thinking it was the ground to. were the ground meets the floor. I never had an issue with it before.

@faatal

Thanks for the new stuffs in every alpha release, especially related to performance, I loved the new occlusion algorithm, although it is still not perfect, it was one of the best optimizations so far imo.

Are there plans to fix the water mechanics for upcoming releases?

Are there plans to allow modders to add their own paintable shapes? I know these are generated dynamically, but it would be interesting and much more productive if we didn't have to resort to external models to supply missing shapes, and we could use the textures from the game's atlas as well, preventing excessive memory usage.

One thing that I have noticed is that it seems a lot easier to fight though a building (dungeon crawl) with your fist than with a hand weapon.

I will go in with a spear and find myself constantly backing up. But with straps on my fist, I am constantly moving forward and busting heads.

I feel like I can be a lot more aggressive than with a spear.

Um, that`s not the Minecraft`s forums.

Yeah I know.. I stopped playing about 2 months ago. And I saw there's an experimental version with languages? But after a month the experimental version still hasn't been send to stable?

It's a known tactic, I know :)

Yeah I know.. I stopped playing about 2 months ago. And I saw there's an experimental version with languages? But after a month the experimental version still hasn't been send to stable?

It's a known tactic, I know :)

I didn't thought about that actually, true, a month is not typical for experimental. I personally blame the guy who invented the languages. Not the computer ones.

At least demolishers love my ass.

Actually it's simply... as long as it takes.

Localisation in 13(?) languages is in no way a trivial task.

I'm just waiting to hear Jen's new voice. :)

But there is one thing that I have been wondering. Why is it that Jen is located in the middle of the hardest biome in the game?

One thing that I have noticed is that it seems a lot easier to fight though a building (dungeon crawl) with your fist than with a hand weapon.

I will go in with a spear and find myself constantly backing up. But with straps on my fist, I am constantly moving forward and busting heads.

I feel like I can be a lot more aggressive than with a spear.

shhhh! Don't tell everyone fortitude is the most fun build in the game! haha

In the Player UI under Stats. we see most settings and they help a lot when outfitting gear and seeing what works.

Can we add:

-- Noise level? since some armor has a noise value it would be nice to know that stats

-- Jump strength - not sure how to use this and how it related to fall distance/damage in blocks.

Here’s some more clues:

It is a feature having to do with the UI

It is configurable via xmls.

The Great Escape is the right direction.

In the movie The Great Escape there is a character named Hendley Garner who was nicknamed "the scrounger". His job was to collect items that people needed. Not sure if this is going to be another perk, hopefully it's more than that.

Ok I think I figured it out...(if not, it should still be made)

It might be that we will have to use some kind of detection device (metal detector or whatever) to figure out where ore veins are underground.

No more giant above-ground-rock-type-ore-blocks" that sream "HERE I AM" (which I never liked anyways), but a skill that you have to learn (perk) and build (device).

Then you have to equip your detector and walk around, and when you are near/above an ore vein it is displayed on your "radar/UI/compass-thingy", similar to the already implemented "animal tracker" perk (and even more logic/realistic in case for the metal detector)

Well, at least it would fit to the clues

-part of UI

-configurable via .xml (range/depth of detection)

-codeword Hendley Garner/Great Escape (guy who collects/finds/aquires things that are needed)

Again, even if I'm guessing wrong...make it so! (just imagine the Captain Picard meme here, too lazy to upload it :smile-new:)

-codeword Hendley Garner/Great Escape (guy who collects/finds/aquires things that are needed)

You are spot on with the gist of the clue but your guess was incorrect.

I do like your idea though. Some sort of ore detection tech would be fun to acquire/craft and then use.

I do like your idea though. Some sort of ore detection tech would be fun to acquire/craft and then use.

Hopefully the ability to pick up much of the nicer decorative things found in PoI's that we currently can't make nor pick up.

Alpha 19, YEAH! I'm excited to see whats coming!

A19 could be called:

The animation update.

The tool and weapon model update.

The quality of life update.

GUNS, GUNS, GUNS UPDATE!

I think 7DTD could benefit from:

-New pump shotgun model, and reloading the correct amount of shells instead of just 2 shells every time.

-Same for the double barrel, loading the correct about of shells would be a nice detail.

-Improve the semi auto snipers iron sights.

-Option to the disable crosshairs, and remove crossharis when aiming.

-The option to unload a gun.

-Guns can have one bullet in the chamber.

-Auto lean and auto peak cover system.

-GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, MORE GUNS AND AMMO. BARRET .50 CAL AND browing machine gun!!!

-M249 SAW AND RPG-7!!!

-Explosive/incendiary ammo.

-Ammo types: .22 rimfire and centerfire, and .50 BMG!!!

Real time ray tracing/path traced lighting...?

More zombie models/variants...?

Ideas, ideas, ideas...

Hope its the idea I suggested a while back: click on a recipe, click build and amount, then the recipe goes to the upper right of your HUD like a quest. As you gather the materials they turn green.

This way you don't have constantly open and reopen your recipe menu to see what and how many of something you need.🤔

Alpha 19, YEAH! I'm excited to see whats coming!

A19 could be called:

The animation update.

The tool and weapon model update.

The quality of life update.

GUNS, GUNS, GUNS UPDATE!

I think 7DTD could benefit from:

-New pump shotgun model, and reloading the correct amount of shells instead of just 2 shells every time.

-Same for the double barrel, loading the correct about of shells would be a nice detail.

-Improve the semi auto snipers iron sights.

-Option to the disable crosshairs, and remove crossharis when aiming.

-The option to unload a gun.

-Guns can have one bullet in the chamber.

-Auto lean and auto peak cover system.

-GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, MORE GUNS AND AMMO. BARRET .50 CAL AND browing machine gun!!!

-M249 SAW AND RPG-7!!!

-Explosive/incendiary ammo.

-Ammo types: .22 rimfire and centerfire, and .50 BMG!!!

Real time ray tracing/path traced lighting...?

More zombie models/variants...?

Ideas, ideas, ideas...

I agree with the Iron sights 100%

but the rest are pretty good.

like the ammo, Maybe Frag rounds or Incendiary Ammo

and the Other ammos (i think that For marksman classes weapon's ammo it should be 308 rounds instead of nearly half of the Guns are weapons are 7.72 ammo

keep up the ideas me Boi!

ibut its my job to spam ideas, you can Send as many as you want!!! but im the person that nukes the forums with ideas. lol

Well then, the scrounger that finds stuff that the player wants. For a price! :)

Punching my way though.

Fighting with just straps on my hands is really great for clearing out zombies in buildings. Add to it some beer and I kick like a mule. I find that I need to move quickly though a building to because the beer wears off in just 45 seconds (real time). But wow is it powerful. It feels like I go from there being a lot of zombies to there not enough here. lol. The beer effect turns the dungeon crawl into a speed run.

Before going though a building took time. Now I can shoot through. It's as if the zombies are saying:

"What is talking the player so long" to

"What?! the player's here? Oh Cra-!" POW.

Sometimes I catch them lying down and I knock the out before they even get up. lol.

Lots of fun. :)

Archived