Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

They have been this way since the beginning. And that's a big reason why im still playing 7 days to die 7 years later. Go gold? I say never go gold. Chain mm and the rest to there desks and keep pumping out the goodness.

Finally someone that agrees! lol The longer this game does not go gold the better imo. :)

EDIT: That is so long as TFP continue making enough money on sales in order to further develope the game of course.

They have been this way since the beginning. And that's a big reason why im still playing 7 days to die 7 years later. Go gold? I say never go gold. Chain mm and the rest to there desks and keep pumping out the goodness.

Don't give them the excuse to rip out huge chunks of the core engine and rebuild them from scratch... again! :-)

Finally someone that agrees! lol The longer this game does not go gold the better imo. :)

EDIT: That is so long as TFP continue making enough money on sales in order to further develope the game of course.

If the money well ever depletes, they can still trow Addons and Expansions at us. I don't think I will ever stop playing 7DtD

I’m with Kage on this one. Never go gold! Treat this like a mmo game that constantly gets updates. Please I don’t want this to end. Do it for the fans. Aaaaaaaaaah! I want expansion packs! Aaaaah!

what would they really add in a expansion pack for a game like this?

a new gun?

maybe new armor???

a new Car??

zombies??

That would be Hard to kinda add stuff that you may want in Random gen

Out of curiosity I ask, why do you believe it would be hard to add stuff as an expansion pack?

this is all just theory

Lets say out of nowhere they add a Expansion. ("the Lost County "or whatever the name would be)

let's say you buy it and its ten dollars and you play it and you got a some new weapons like a Katana , Lever action , Harpoon gun etc

and your buddy (named bob) wants to play with you on that expansion, and he Joins and!

would he have full access to everything??? , would he Have the base items but be locked out from the new stuff??? , would he not be able to join. and would be able to join you ever unless he Buys it????

aka it would cause a huge Gap in the community. DLC or NO DLC??

im not a expert but that's My Opinion

Edit: fixed my Words due to me having small brain

They would have all new poi’s with a different theme. Example: Vampire Hunter theme. Then adding all the weapons and goods into the main game. Maybe have a repeating crossbow. The expansion would have new poi’s, textures, enemy skins, Blood moon would probably work differently and everything would be like Castlevania. Stuff that are shared with the main game: weapons, new enemy ai, vehicles, items and what ever improvement was thrown in with the expansion. It would just be a different themed random gen and would probably have a full moon on the 7th day.

They would have all new poi’s with a different theme. Example: Vampire Hunter theme. Then adding all the weapons and goods into the main game. Maybe have a repeating crossbow. The expansion would have new poi’s, textures, enemy skins, Blood moon would probably work differently and everything would be like Castlevania. Stuff that are shared with the main game: weapons, new enemy ai, vehicles, items and what ever improvement was thrown in with the expansion. It would just be a different themed random gen and would probably have a full moon on the 7th day.

i like that idea. but would it blend into the base game or be its own mode??

It would be best if they only locked out the feature create the world with a deferent theme. So if someone want to play solo or host then he would have to buy the expansion. Most people create their private worlds anyways.

It would allow them to be financially be stable to keep making updates and players wouldn’t have to worry about those content barriers. I think it would be hard to re-theme everything, but not to hard. New weapons would be free content along with all the other items and changes.

I’ve been thinking about this. 7 days to die is on the brain. I like zombies but I think with a expansion pack they can explore much more with their engine that they built up without making a whole new game. A theme that would be realistic to have the weapons that we use now and then some.

I’ll stop spamming

I’ve been thinking about this. 7 days to die is on the brain. I like zombies but I think with a expansion pack they can explore much more with their engine that they built up without making a whole new game. A theme that would be realistic to have the weapons that we use now and then some.

I’ll stop spamming

that true

I’ll stop spamming

Amazon women maybe?

@Madmole

When can we expect to be able to built/loot coffee makers or wood-burning stoves? Are there any other cool items coming for base progression?

Nothing on the roadmap yet, but verbal agreement that an industrial forge would be good. I'd like to squeeze in steel spikes and get blood off the pristine ones.

Archived