Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I assume the standard size zombies have the same animator? (i.e. if you add an animation for one, they all then have it?)

Would love to see the spider zombie disappear and add climbing & crawling/jump animations to regular zombies. Then you could randomly give normal zombies either the climbing or jumping abilities, similar to making them irradiated.

Also it would be neat if the larger zombies got a charging animation and the possibility to be "charging" zombies. i.e. run fast at you, deal big damage if they hit you while running, but go in a straight line for the charge. Could also make the acid spit a potential characteristic for all larger zombies.

These changes would make zombies a bit less predictable. It would also mean that as hordes get nastier, more zombies can gain these abilities without just having to add 50 spider zombies, etc. Plus it would be nice in general to see more use of the system used to make irradiated zombies and these traits seem like a good use of that system.

Oh, and all base crawlers are the same zombie, but we already know all zombies already have the crawl animation. Can't we randomise who the crawlers are?

i like this guy.

but the reason they removed the climb was cuz of it just looked wired and it did.

i think the spider zombie should have a super jump, were he could jump about 15 blocks high and far. that would make people crap themselves

i like the Charging Idea, maybe a special zombie that can do that better then most, he would Charge and if you get knocked back into a Wall, you take a Ton of damage. and can go through wood with little to no problem. while something like the Biker , Bloated and solder could have a small chance to charge. but not as good.

and crawlers, crawlers should look like a Severely Rotten body and their should be a Feral version where they can leap at you from a small distance Kinda like the leapers from Dead Space

also zombies should IMO have random walk animations

like just the way they Walk/run not like the spider zombie

say the Biker. he walks like the Hazmat but sometimes he can walk like a Fat zombie , a solder or a Cripple walk

but the reason they removed the climb was cuz of it just looked wired and it did.

Huh, I never knew they removed the climb. I just assumed it had never come up for me. Ironically though, a climb animation on a regular zombie would probably look a lot less weird. I find it odd to remove a climb though. It seems like a decent way to up the danger level of zombies as the game progresses.

I like the idea for variant walking/running

Huh, I never knew they removed the climb. I just assumed it had never come up for me. Ironically though, a climb animation on a regular zombie would probably look a lot less weird. I find it odd to remove a climb though. It seems like a decent way to up the danger level of zombies as the game progresses.

I like the idea for variant walking/running

yeah plus i think it had some other problems. but thats kinda sad cuz .imagine zombies climbing up your walls WWZ style and they flow through your base. that would be kinda scary

maybe something like the feral wight cuz when i draw ideas about him, i always think of those zombies as "smart zombies or the perfect zombie" hes smart , strong , scary and deadly.

(the ideas i had are. Allow it to leap at you like a spider zombie but not as good. a decently high jump. sharp Claws , thick skin , super sharp teeth , strong body , 8 pack of abs , thick skull , glowing red eyes , Bony plates on its back , knees , shoulders , upper chest and head)

yeah plus i think it had some other problems. but thats kinda sad cuz .imagine zombies climbing up your walls WWZ style and they flow through your base. that would be kinda scary

maybe something like the feral wight cuz when i draw ideas about him, i always think of those zombies as "smart zombies or the perfect zombie" hes smart , strong , scary and deadly.

(the ideas i had are. Allow it to leap at you like a spider zombie but not as good. a decently high jump. sharp Claws , thick skin , super sharp teeth , strong body , 8 pack of abs , thick skull , glowing red eyes , Bony plates on its back , knees , shoulders , upper chest and head)

WAIT what? they removed the climbing ability of the spider zombie, since when?????

EDIT: I make all my bases spider climb proof so I've never noticed if climbing had been disabled. (would be nice to know so I no longer have to waste time making my base spider proof)

WAIT what? they removed the climbing ability of the spider zombie, since when?????

EDIT: I make all my bases spider climb proof so I've never noticed if climbing had been disabled. (would be nice to know so I no longer have to waste time making my base spider proof)

They removed climbing spiders in A17; they jump now, with ferals jumping higher and further than regulars, and radiated spiders higher and further still.

They removed climbing spiders in A17; they jump now, with ferals jumping higher and further than regulars, and radiated spiders higher and further still.

You gotta be kidding me, this whole time I've always been building my bases spider proof for nothing LOL. wow... lol. thanks for the info.

giphy.gif

You gotta be kidding me, this whole time I've always been building my bases spider proof for nothing LOL. wow... lol. thanks for the info.

giphy.gif

yeah i remember asking joel or Faatal that and that's what they said. its kinda said but yeah.

i remember playing xbox and seeing them climb up and played PC and them jumping at me.

i Propose we call them Forg zombies , monkey zombies , Hoppers , leapers or Jumping jacks

i vote for Grasshopper zombies

I have thousands of hours in this game and still don’t know the difference In looks or stats between regular, feral, radiated, and feral radiated ( if feral radiated even exists)

And Adam says HE is dumb!

well thats cuz i have a keen eye on behavior and differences.

but aside from that i'm still not the sharpest tool in the shield.

also i believe all Radioactive zombies are naturally feral. idk if that's true or not, thats just from experience and

sense Joel said they MAY!! remove them so i'm coming up with ideas for them to stay in a way.

like a blood Flu zombies. where their skin is Blood red and their veins are Glowing pink. they have the same abilities but some zombies have special abilities with it.

like Spiders can spit and Jump Farther

cops have a spit where when it lands it makes a gas ability, Explosion is bigger, and their gut is armored

ferals become demi gods and the only way to fully kill them is a Headshot (until the head is gone)

Screamers have a AOE effect and can spawn on blood moons

Demolishers have a Longer timer but there explosion is very deadly and leave a Deadly gas

and dogs and vultures can have a Explosive ability that acts like a Nerfed down mine. but are much weaker

I have thousands of hours in this game and still don’t know the difference In looks or stats between regular, feral, radiated, and feral radiated ( if feral radiated even exists)

You're saying they all need b***s of different sizes so you''ll notice the difference?

That's because you have to look at their eyes. Raise your gaze up from where it naturally wants to go...

They are working on lighting, graphics, optimizations, and other "under the hood" tasks at the moment so there is not a lot of new content to report until they finish their tasks.

Prime is working on something interesting but that's not mine to tell. :)

We need some more A19 news, the candy announcement did nothing for my E.D.

yeah! like show use the new look of the zombie Stripr...

Grenade LAUNCHER THAT WHAT I MEANT TO SAY. or something to feed our hunger.

pretty plz

- - - Updated - - -

They are working on lighting, graphics, optimizations, and other "under the hood" tasks at the moment so there is not a lot of new content to report until they finish their tasks.

sweet.

Thank you, I felt a little something happening just now.

It's not more candy is it? ;)

Woo! 530 zombies lay dead at my feet come morning. At the cost of about 2,000 rounds of .762 and 9mm. Used approx. 12 grenades. I'm tough enough due to armour and perks that I could just ignore police vomit and concentrate on the undead trying to batter down my door. Curiously no vultures tonight, but plenty of dogs and irradiated.

It's not candy but it sounds almost like you want.....a codeword!!!!!!

Okay, you know I'm really good at these so here is my codeword for the feature that Prime is working on....

"Hendley Garner"

A codeword! "Hendley Garner" ... Do the junk bots loot for you?:suspicion:

Archived