Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I did some testing, and unless I'm incorrect in this statement, but player difficulty also influences the rate of which gamestage increases?

I was under the assumption that Days Alive was no longer a factor in determining one's gamestage, and it had to do entirely with player level and player difficulty. (The higher your difficulty, the higher the number that might get added to your gamestage when you leveled up (and this would be scripted, meaning two level 50 players, for example, who were on the same difficulty would have the same gamestage.) Unless I'm incorrect?

Level and team mates are the primary factors, but days alive and difficulty factor in too.

Any idea how Unity assets are holding up to the changing to Linear Color Space? Are a lot of changes required to make it all work or do a lot of things work after just changing the project settings?

Every texture will probably need touched. Most the stuff has been redone and its just re-export the substance materials, but still it is a significant undertaking, but it looks so much better. Stuff lights much more realistic and to me everything looks more grounded in the scene. It looks how it does in substance vs completely different and needing hacks to look right before in gamma.

if you go in the creative menu on A18.3 and go to dev items the tactical AR is there in weapons and it looks like a big Question mark

there's also a Gas mask but you can't wear it

Joel said that their adding the weapons to fill out tiers and the Tactical AR is tier 2

just like how there will be a tier 3 shotgun inspired by the Origin 12 shotgun.

Tier 1 AK47 , Tier 2 Tactical AR , tier 3 M60

granted the weapon doesn't have A muzzle flash , makes no noise after a full auto shot , no reload sound ad weapon mods are under the weapon IDK why

but the model , reload animation , and third person animations are there

heres the pic i took of it awhile ago

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31216[/ATTACH]

Thanks Adam. Do you have a bigger screenshot?

Small boats would be great on the Navezgane map.

Could be a row boat or a motor driven one. But the Navezgane map has some really big lakes with islands and fishing docks. It would be great if we could ride out to them.

Add some fishing and widen some of the rivers and it would almost be like a whole new game out there.

But even just adding boats would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

no unfortunately but on joels twitter there's a better pic of the model

but the one in the pic has a scope but it has a iron sight

when i get home ill take some pics of it

Hey thanks! I had forgotten about this. I wondered if it was going to be in the game then. :)

Small boats would be great on the Navezgane map.

Could be a row boat or a motor driven one. But the Navezgane map has some really big lakes with islands and fishing docks. It would be great if we could ride out to them.

Add some fishing and widen some of the rivers and it would almost be like a whole new game out there.

But even just adding boats would be great.

yeah

it would be cool if you caught fish you got meat from it instead of just adding a new item.

a Mutated Fish that swims around like a Shark that looks like a Catfish with some Mean teeth and will try to eat zombies and people

Gators could be a Invasive Species in Navezgane due to people wanting pets and there in the wild attacking boats and people

Cattails around the banks , and some swamp Cypress trees could grow in parts of lakes and some rivers

Some new zombies like the Drowned fisherman ,drowned zombies that float and try to drag you under

some loot in the water like sunken boats (like cars but better loot) crashed cars , boxs , some chest and some other cool loots like old Shipment crates

I'm just curious, will the Spider Zombie have the ability to climb verticle surfaces again in a future alpha release?

yeah hope so

that and a higher Jump would be cool, if they leap at you they move like if they were going to leap and attack you like a Wild animal with Claws out and feet ready to land on you.

it able to spit a short distance and its bite would cause a Venom effect that attacks like bleed but adds a Drunk effect so you can't see well, (same for rattlesnakes) and will only go away with time and vitamins

About what I said about tree shadows earlier. I was wrong. After further testing, all shadows, including shadows from trees seem too dark. It's almost like walking into night, even if it's in the middle of the day. I hope that they get lightened.

About what I said about tree shadows earlier. I was wrong. After further testing, all shadows, including shadows from trees seem too dark. It's almost like walking into night, even if it's in the middle of the day. I hope that they get lightened.

Pretty much everything about lighting and shadows will be improved.

Every texture will probably need touched. Most the stuff has been redone and its just re-export the substance materials, but still it is a significant undertaking, but it looks so much better. Stuff lights much more realistic and to me everything looks more grounded in the scene. It looks how it does in substance vs completely different and needing hacks to look right before in gamma.

Good to hear that it is paying off and worth the effort. Just need to put off investing to much time in Unity until the kraken hatches :)

It might be that we will have to use some kind of detection device (metal detector or whatever) to figure out where ore veins are underground.

No more giant above-ground-rock-type-ore-blocks" that sream "HERE I AM" (which I never liked anyways), but a skill that you have to learn (perk) and build (device).

Then you have to equip your detector and walk around, and when you are near/above an ore vein it is displayed on your "radar/UI/compass-thingy", similar to the already implemented "animal tracker" perk (and even more logic/realistic in case for the metal detector)

I'm not a big fan of teh blocks above ground either. If nothing else, I think they should be "rare" finds, maybe only in caves (if they come back) or mountains. I think a metal detector would be cool. I could also imagine it working like a "fish detector" where there's either a very vague chart/plot/indicator/whatever of "depth" and "what it is" so you don't really know what it is (like "I know there's something down there at about 4 blocks down"). I mean, you built a metal detector its not going to be awesome. Obviously, you could "level this up" and be more accurate about depth and content.

If I imagine more: the detector could have "mod slots" and the mods you load:

- Make the detector work "better", like the treasure radius is more accurate

- Make the detector "detect" what you're looking for. Like you have 3 slots, you can detect 3 different materials. You want to really find something, put 1 material in a slot, then fill the other slots with mods for accuracy/power etc.

- Have an audible "beep" sound mod/upgrade so you don't have to visually remember to check for detection ;) You give up a mod slot to passively find what you're looking for as you run around. "beep beep" oh yay I found a lead deposit I forgot I was looking for.

Can any Devs/modders tell me why mods that add weapons/tools have to re-purpose animations, sounds, etc? I'm hoping we will get some more support for adding in our own animations (both 1st and 3rd) and sounds.

All we go is add in models and use tfp code to implement it. It keeps it eac friendly. Even custom entities are getting a makeover by Xyth to get around needing dll edits to work... But the real answer is the character drives the animations, not the items.

All we go is add in models and use tfp code to implement it. It keeps it eac friendly. Even custom entities are getting a makeover by Xyth to get around needing dll edits to work... But the real answer is the character drives the animations, not the items.

hey bud long time no see

wherever u been they have stolen yr understandibility

new word right thete lol

You guys seem devoted to your game. And I like where this is going.

They have been this way since the beginning. And that's a big reason why im still playing 7 days to die 7 years later. Go gold? I say never go gold. Chain mm and the rest to there desks and keep pumping out the goodness.

Archived