Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

a ring ring bell for the bicycle, and an air horn for the 4x4....and put the glug glug sound back in for the chainsaw and auger refilling... its still there for filling vehicles but it broke in a16 I think and was never fixed.

If you want to scare the crap out of the next motorist to cut you up on a bicycle may I recommend installing an air horn on the handlebars? My friend did this and almost gave a bus driver a heart attack :-)

So... slightly off-topic but relevant.

I found this post about the use of metal armour and bicycles during the zombie apocalypse and suddenly realized that it perfectly encapsulates my latest in-game character. :-)

Awesome.

I found this post about the use of metal armour and bicycles during the zombie apocalypse and suddenly realized that it perfectly encapsulates my latest in-game character. :-)

Steel armor!

Chain mail seems like it would be great for bitey zombies, but for the punchy zombies of 7dtd, I'd rather have six inches of cloth padding.

Chain mail seems like it would be great for bitey zombies, but for the punchy zombies of 7dtd, I'd rather have six inches of cloth padding.

Assuming the infection is passed by the transfer of bodily fluids such as blood and saliva then your cloth armour is going to act as a sponge.

Chainmail is only really effective against slashing wounds, it's pretty bad at stopping puncture wounds and does very little against bludgeoning attacks.

Full field plate, the type of armour used by knights of yore, would be my choice unless there were other uninfected to deal with. A good set of platemail will provide about the best protection from a zombie you can get while having the advantage of a wipe-clean surface. The helmet does limit visibility somewhat which is why mercenary knights often worked with one or two lightly armoured companions to alert them to attacks from the side or rear.

Assuming the infection is passed by the transfer of bodily fluids such as blood and saliva then your cloth armour is going to act as a sponge.

Chainmail is only really effective against slashing wounds, it's pretty bad at stopping puncture wounds and does very little against bludgeoning attacks.

Full field plate, the type of armour used by knights of yore, would be my choice unless there were other uninfected to deal with. A good set of platemail will provide about the best protection from a zombie you can get while having the advantage of a wipe-clean surface. The helmet does limit visibility somewhat which is why mercenary knights often worked with one or two lightly armoured companions to alert them to attacks from the side or rear.

nah, drool and blood still go through plate. a butcher's chainmail over an environmental suit. look up butcher's chainmail

nah, drool and blood still go through plate. a butcher's chainmail over an environmental suit. look up butcher's chainmail

Blood and drool will go through a sheet of steel?

Butchers mail has a rubber lining which will swiftly make you overheat during combat. If you've ever worn an NBC suit for any length of time you'll know how well they trap heat.

The type of armour in the post is half, maybe three quarters, plate at best. I was referring to full field plate which consists of a layer of plate over a quilted cloth under-suit with chainmail at points of mobility such as the shoulder.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Rustning%2C_Gustav_Vasa_-_Livrustkammaren_-_32921.tif/lossy-page1-400px-Rustning%2C_Gustav_Vasa_-_Livrustkammaren_-_32921.tif.jpg

All is missing is a smg in one hand, and 3 bottles in the other while he repeats over and over again......warriorsssss come out to playyayayaya....warrriorrrrrs.......come to playayayaha...��

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing beats a bathrug cloth armor BP...no better way to tell others that your not going to take any $hit from anyone....lol

Butchers mail has a rubber lining which will swiftly make you overheat during combat. If you've ever worn an NBC suit for any length of time you'll know how well they trap heat.

The type of armour in the post is half, maybe three quarters, plate at best. I was referring to full field plate which consists of a layer of plate over a quilted cloth under-suit with chainmail at points of mobility such as the shoulder.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Rustning%2C_Gustav_Vasa_-_Livrustkammaren_-_32921.tif/lossy-page1-400px-Rustning%2C_Gustav_Vasa_-_Livrustkammaren_-_32921.tif.jpg

The limited mobility, stamina drain, and limited visibility would probably lead to death regardless (e.g. surrounded, stuck in mud, drown in river, fall down and dog piled, etc....) 😂😂😂

not through the steel, through the joints, and the cloth padding underneath will soak it just as the regular padded will.and yeah, nbc suits are hot as hell, walking sauna's in the arizona sun. mobility would be the issue here.

personally, would use butcher's mail over denim. very light weight for mobility, doesnt clank. I am a stealthy person by nature. butcher's mail is tight stainless steel weave. light weight. would prevent biting and scratching.

this over jeans and jacket or trench

I believe that weapons cannot be created, they can be assembled, as in old alpha, only there will be more or less details depending on which weapon.To do this, you will need to find a book (diagram) of weapons.A level of quality will not be

Welcome to the Alpha 19 Dev Diary. As of this time we don't even know what to call Alpha 19. It might be small named updates like "The New Combat Book Update" which could start at "19.0", with the "Vehicle Update" landing on 19.2, etc. What we do know is we're working on some new books, a vehicle update, etc but how and when we roll out what is to be determined. Hopefully it can be several point release patches to get you guys more frequent updates over 6-12 months instead of one big drop in a year.

New Books

Tech Junkie Learn from MacDyver himself to build useful gadgets from common household junk!

Grease Monkey Learn to modify and craft vehicles of all currently existing shapes and sizes

Bar Brawling Learn from Irish legend "Lucky Bastard" himself and never get bested in a good ol' fashioned bar room brawl.

Spear Hunter Get connected with your inner caveman and master the forgotten art of spear hunting.

New super filling foods

Gumbo Stew

Shepard's Pie

Spaghetti

Tuna Fish Gravy on Toast

Vehicle Update

Vehicle Mods

Vehicle break down and collision system

Improved Player Animations

Player arms in third person will no longer be stiff when moving with one handed tools, fists or weapons, instead their arms will move more naturally when they walk and run.

New Art

Tools

Stone Axe

Did not find the relevant mailbox, I have simplified Chinese of a18.2B5 here, the most complete txt at present, I hope to adopt

http://t.cn/AiDY59nd

Archived