Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Sure....

WIP Boe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30961[/ATTACH]

That is awesome. Maybe in the future we can see a high performance procedural Zd system that onefingers the Engine limitations. I wouldn't mind waiting a year for that!. I remember some games out there that use a bunch of faces + a bunch of bodies and then mix them together to make relatively infite ammount of combinations. It sure beats having to opt between custom models or UMA pregnant thigh system.

Sure....

WIP Boe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30961[/ATTACH]

That more "rotten" version should be take the place of the "radiated" (or decomposed to name it differently)

This will look better than those dumb green glowing zombies.

But you should definitely keep in the old version too.

Having the normal zombies look more recently deceased.

That is awesome. Maybe in the future we can see a high performance procedural Zd system that onefingers the Engine limitations. I wouldn't mind waiting a year for that!. I remember some games out there that use a bunch of faces + a bunch of bodies and then mix them together to make relatively infite ammount of combinations. It sure beats having to opt between custom models or UMA pregnant thigh system.

Acceptable as long as the bodies are identifiable. At the moment you can react to their characteristics, i.e. get more bleed on them if they have more HPs, shoot them with AP or HP ammunition if they have armor, prioritize them on horde night if they have serious block damage.

Too much randomness in their looks and you removed a tactical element for graphical bling-bling

Acceptable as long as the bodies are identifiable. At the moment you can react to their characteristics, i.e. get more bleed on them if they have more HPs, shoot them with AP or HP ammunition if they have armor, prioritize them on horde night if they have serious block damage.

Too much randomness in their looks and you removed a tactical element for graphical bling-bling

i would also like to see zombie walk randomly

(granted not like spider zombies or crawlers just the walking style) of the normal zombies

with some exceptions like Fat zombies due there wattle and the demolisher has the heavy stomp.

and maybe a new "generic zombie" that looks like a walking skeleton with its skin still there.

and of course i would love to see more zombie sup-types like staved zombies (move faster , look skinny and deal more damage but are weaker)

frozen zombies , Scorched zombies. i could go one but then it would take up the whole page lol

The new recipes appear already in master chef level 4 army cook, gumbo stew, shepherds pie, spaghetti and tuna gravy on toast however the recipes for these do not appear craftable in campfire. Are these not incoporated in 18.2 b5? If so its a waste of points unlocking if they are not available. If they are incorporated where do we need to craft these?

Yeah, but most of them are just normal. There could be both more animations and more blingblingers.

And boats. Not much reason for a boat unless you have a lot of water.

Yup.. since we no longer have the huge bodies of water, we really don't need boats. But having rivers and bridges makes land travel a challenge. I remember one navezgane playthrough at night trying to get back to the base before horde night, and having to keep stopping an look at the map to find the bridges to cross the rivers.. that was nerve wracking!

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it will be in A19, but the buttons are there, just commented out.

People have activated them and they work fine. Why TFP haven't unlocked them for vanilla is beyond me.

So... slightly off-topic but relevant.

I found this post about the use of metal armour and bicycles during the zombie apocalypse and suddenly realized that it perfectly encapsulates my latest in-game character. :-)

small curiosity, will we get new car horns at some point? :distracted:

a ring ring bell for the bicycle, and an air horn for the 4x4....and put the glug glug sound back in for the chainsaw and auger refilling... its still there for filling vehicles but it broke in a16 I think and was never fixed.

Archived