Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Ummm there is lol... well atm you have to use a modlet as it's commented out atm in the game files. Go to mods section and look for khaines or there are other mods that do it to

Or just uncomment it in the xml file. Khaine's icons definitely look better though.

No, that would be the old development model.

19 might come out as a christmas special with just one new book and some candy (and some yet unknown features from other developers). Or in January with 3 new books, perk reduction and candy. Or all that and a few vehicle mods in February....

What means "perk reduction"?

I wonder about the new zombie models and how they will look?

i think they may make the zombies more nasty and rotten with grey hair with just generic cloths.

also about some other features like that M4A1 joel posted on twitter a while back when A18 was around the Corner (i love the look of it btw)

and other stuff , i can't wait!

@ fun pimps staff

I have something to ask I don't know if it has been asked or not but will 7dtd have an endgame? I have always wondered if it would be endless or not

You can kill a faction leader and it will probably roll the credits but it won't end the game.

Joel, could you apply this mechanics to generators? Generators have many moving parts, and over time could gradually break down during use. Maybe it makes sense in the need to repair these devices with repair kits and generator parts?

Can it also be done with solar panels?

By the way, do you plan to remove the ability to charge batteries through repair? )

Possibly.

i dont know if someone proposed this before, but what about a button to unload all our inventory into a box, in a similar way we do it when we take all the stuff of boxes or furniture? so we dont need to keep a lot of time searching for the same item into our chest, per example, and stocking it.

Well you can just "shift+click" the stuff from your inventory directly into an existing stack inside your storage boxes.

I think thats the most comfortable way it can be.

Your "one click unload all" would work if there wouldn't be any max stack sizes. But there are, and so an automatic drop creates a new stack (as "shift-click" also does) if max number is reached.

This new stack is put into the first free place inside your storage.

And that's the Problem. One click to unload, and then you have to sort all the newly created stacks which are scattered all around.

If the new stack would always be right next to your existing stack, ok, but that's impossible to code, because everybody sorts his stuff differently (top down or left-right, and what if all adjacent places are already filled with other stuff?

So, i can't see how that would work totally without a little micromanagement.

Try the "shift-click" thingy, you will love it :-)

Well you can just "shift+click" the stuff from your inventory directly into an existing stack inside your storage boxes.

I think thats the most comfortable way it can be.

Your "one click unload all" would work if there wouldn't be any max stack sizes. But there are, and so an automatic drop creates a new stack (as "shift-click" also does) if max number is reached.

This new stack is put into the first free place inside your storage.

And that's the Problem. One click to unload, and then you have to sort all the newly created stacks which are scattered all around.

If the new stack would always be right next to your existing stack, ok, but that's impossible to code, because everybody sorts his stuff differently (top down or left-right, and what if all adjacent places are already filled with other stuff?

So, i can't see how that would work totally without a little micromanagement.

Try the "shift-click" thingy, you will love it :-)

There are 3 buttons.

One moves your entire inventory over into the container, automatically combining stacks.

The second stacks into the container that are already present. (Ammo, Scrap Iron, etc.)

The third moves all items that have a like item into the container. (Anything with durability such as a Fireaxe or a Hunting Rifle.

You can also "exempt" the first X number of slots starting in the top left, so your medkits and ammo for instance would remain if they were in those slots and you set the "exemption" to 2.

Like I said, it's in the xml and commented out, but it does work.

RE: Micromanagement, it's one button to sort. So what's the issue?

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived