Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Hello Madmole,

Please keep your vision up by making the best zombie game out there. Ofc income generation has priority. Hence consider DLCs for the game.

Or do you peek already at a new project? Still plenty of potential for the game to generate profit when being gold.

Hello Madmole,

Please keep your vision up by making the best zombie game out there. Ofc income generation has priority. Hence consider DLCs for the game.

Or do you peek already at a new project? Still plenty of potential for the game to generate profit when being gold.

He already announced 3 sequels, I saw it!

Let's see if this one gets to beta, before first sequel is alpha 1 ;)

"Trader Joel now accepts Paypal"...

How about a little Gambling Den for the Traders or other Social Needs..

Maybe sit down for a Game of Stud with Trader Joel...

A robust version of Rock, Paper & Scissors, 7 Days style, Rock, Paper & Sharpen Stick...

Maybe a little Drinking Game at the Bar with Trader Jen, Ye might get lucky...

Add a Dart Board, Pinball Machine & the icing on the cake...

A Stripper Z chained to a Stripper Pole dancing to music from the Juke Box...

Kraken...

Yoda, Yoda, Yoda...

Maybe, we've talked about adding tools as a way of increasing difficulty and adding a special challenge. 17 was just a million changes all coming online at once. Now we've taken feedback and tweaked it all, changed a bit and I feel like we've turned a bit of a ♥♥♥♥ show into something very special. I'm on my 4th long term build now, so imagine 8x the testing from just one guy, now multiply that x20 at least with all the other devs and testers testing and providing feedback, plus the 17 feedback from the community all wrapped and polished with loads of new content.

I know I'm late to the show, but just need to shout a big YES to the addition of more tools and perhaps workbenches.

Love that sort of progression and reward in the game.

Hard to guess with all the changes and I have not done any A17 comparisons. There is definitely room for improvement, but functionality and bug fixing has been higher priority. I can make an 8k map in about 25 mins, but it would depend on your computer speed.

Faatal

Can we make 16k maps now in a18...maybe bigger than that??

Ah just remember what happened to him when he cried out 'Geology isn't a real science' during paintball.. ;)

And during his presentation where he forgot his pants...

- - - Updated - - -

I know I'm late to the show, but just need to shout a big YES to the addition of more tools and perhaps workbenches.

Love that sort of progression and reward in the game.

I say we have enough of tools already. really not fan to switch fireaxe with pickaxe to break doors already.

I think they take up to 1/3 their health falling, and great chance to ragdoll if its a long distance.

Speaking of ragdoll, the way the Z'd twitch after they die suggests that the CPU is still doing calculations to those entities. This would be a Faatal question, but is there any way to stop that? After the Z has settled on the ground, the only way I can think of wanting it to ragdoll again is maybe if I shoot it or run it over with my vehicle.

UNLESS you can get a way for the Z's to pile up, like realistic gore blocks? But I'm doubting that.

The only other interaction I can think of is if a block was to be dropped on the dead Z, but I'd just be happy if it squash them flat and destroy the entity.

I say we have enough of tools already. really not fan to switch fireaxe with pickaxe to break doors already.

Just use a sledgehammer. You can install the mods for the tools on a sledgehammer. The sledge hammer is also suitable for safes.

And by the way, you can never have enough tools. Especially not enough power tools. :D

When you suspect the meteorology department has been messing with your research...

h57106D1A

Lol mate!

- - - Updated - - -

And during his presentation where he forgot his pants...

Yeah exactly. That's what you get for calling geologists 'dirt-people'..

Did I ever tell here on the forum that the most efficient way to quickly determine grain-size of dirt is to eat it? I guess that's not so different from licking rocks :)

Just use a sledgehammer. You can install the mods for the tools on a sledgehammer. The sledge hammer is also suitable for safes.

And by the way, you can never have enough tools. Especially not enough power tools. :D

I agree on power tools, all power tools are bad in A17, nail gun, auger, never need to use chainsaw, axe is much better. So, not sure if new tools are required or making those better is enough.

Lol mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah exactly. That's what you get for calling geologists 'dirt-people'..

Did I ever tell here on the forum that the most efficient way to quickly determine grain-size of dirt is to eat it? I guess that's not so different from licking rocks :)

aaaaand he is back! Welcome back, we have all missed you over the weekend lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on power tools, all power tools are bad in A17, nail gun, auger, never need to use chainsaw, axe is much better. So, not sure if new tools are required or making those better is enough.

In what way is the axe better than the chainsaw.....? lol

yes. as long as you are not play/testing an old build, then yes you are good to work in that model. Build numbers are important to Dev and Test teams to make sure that bugs/fixes are lined up for the testers.

That’s not completely true. There could be a few branches that get separate development and then merged at different stages. Versioning software keeps track of changes for each line of code.

Yeah, I'm not saying to switch on a regular basis like that. But, oooh choosing a topic at random, ummm...FARMING, a distinct task like that.

Lol. Okay, I kid, let's not go down that path again. But something that you're not typically going to be switching to and from tools like that. Something like if you wanted to harvest more fuel from a car, you could use a siphon. It would still destroy the car, but add a higher percentage of fuel to the loot randomizer.

Maybe something like a special pocketknife that gives a 50% increased chance the Z will drop loot.

Waving a white handkerchief in front of the Duke's castle reduces your risk of having to pay the blood tax for bothering him.

A 'get our of jail free' card if the bandits capture you.

Not just tools, but special things that you can find in loot like that.

Hi Forum Moderators,

Just some update comments for page 1:

Change detonation zombie information as it seems we now know what he will be doing.

Add death loop cycle prevention for BM night.

Remove "New Options" - drop nothing on death as this is already a feature in A17.

Was the sticky grenade in the game yet?

New zombie alert sounds (or old, but new for us as the game wasn't playing them).

Improved Z AI (alternate pathing for some Z's)

World Changes: add the mining changes and new surface ore top blocks

Were all the dye colours something added now? Something about losing black dusters but being able to dye them.

Maybe also include weapon mods?

No. 50% of the damage calculated by the fall. Say a player fell 20m and takes 80 damage, but that same fall would do 40 damage to a zombie. Then the damage is clamped to 33% + 2 of their max health, which is the actual limiting factor.

Now THAT is some interesting information.

By the way, Fataal, I have to report a serious AI problem: The football player zombie should try to gain possession of pipe bombs and grenades. Except when there's a flag on the field for intentional grounding. :cocksure:

SO then wireless relays? I suppose that could work, provided that you could still have separate circuits somehow.

For me, when it comes to the electricity stuff, all that really matters is that I can have at least two circuits on switches. This way I can turn on and off lights on the daily but turn on traps when needed (for horde nights).

I just had two switches, one for lights, one for traps.

Archived