Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

also i have a idea for people in the mid to early days for them to fight a behemoth

Obese Walker: Stage one of a behemoth zombie he His So fat That he has to walk in a 2 by 2 wide Hall, he wears some small Shorts and Has A ton of Fat and his Face and nose is Gone and can Spray puke Like a hose but not for long range.

<snip>

Your idea for a "Obese Walker" zombie is actually very good. I would like to see this in 7 Days to Die.

EDIT: I would also like to add on top of your idea. This OW (Obese Walker) should move extremely slow but have a huge pool of HP and lots of strength. If he should get to your base he will be capable of smashing it fairly easily.

This would add to blood moons and all around be fun to see this big fat zombie slowly making its way to your base. This Z should be limited to one spawning at a time in a chunk and never more than that.

I cannot say I like this idea at all but in the past, ideas I thought were bad ended up being implemented very well. So in TFP I trust. I still am very concerned about bandits being a thing though.

- - - Updated - - -

This reminds me, can we get more stripper type zombies....pretty please? :)

zombie_girl_ink_by_hobzart_concept_by_ezent_by_ezent-d7zr37o.jpg

i dont know what kind of STD she has and i don't want to know!

but maybe she can uses her guts to drag you like a fishing hook

so she's a Hooker!.................................

Close. You forgot to say that you bought the game for yourself and 5 friends.

He forgot to over emphasize we like his buddies represent the entire community.

He forgot to threaten not to recommend the game. OH no, you wouldn't want to spend thousands of hours on this game like I have. Save your money.

He didn't leave a goodbye note.

But he's a noob at these things, I'm sure it didn't come natural for him to write it.

She might be the one that cheated on Duke giving him this weird STD that kills the host and makes them in to a zombie. Duke ended up being immune from the virus which helped him come to power. This std spreads from all the other bandits she slept with. boom theres your story for 7 Days to Die, your welcome Madmole lol. :)

I think this is an original story. I cannot think of any zombie movie where the virus is spread by std's and a cheating wh... lol

I do. What I'd do is leave them for basic wiring, but then make a "power box" that powers stuff in a small radius.

SO then wireless relays? I suppose that could work, provided that you could still have separate circuits somehow.

For me, when it comes to the electricity stuff, all that really matters is that I can have at least two circuits on switches. This way I can turn on and off lights on the daily but turn on traps when needed (for horde nights).

She might be the one that cheated on Duke giving him this weird STD that kills the host and makes them in to a zombie. Duke ended up being immune from the virus which helped him come to power. This std spreads from all the other bandits she slept with. boom theres your story for 7 Days to Die, your welcome Madmole lol. :)

oh hell no

but there should be zombie bandits Infected Bandit: has iron and scrap armor its face is nearly unrecognizable and his gantlets head is armored( acts like infected survivalist: which can dough and wave from your melee attacks. poorly ) and he has the Iron gloves witch can cause Bleed and Armor piercing.

Your idea for a "Obese Walker" zombie is actually very good. I would like to see this in 7 Days to Die.

EDIT: I would also like to add on top of your idea. This OW (Obese Walker) should move extremely slow but have a huge pool of HP and lots of strength. If he should get to your base he will be capable of smashing it fairly easily.

This would add to blood moons and all around be fun to see this big fat zombie slowly making its way to your base. This Z should be limited to one spawning at a time in a chunk and never more than that.

yes but he is more of a slow tank ( and maybe he can role at you) while the zombie bodybuilder Its a Tank from L4D on Crack and Joel's behemoth is Like the zombie god

I just thought of something regarding irradiated zombies and the after

effects of each type of zombie. The puker poisons so it should require

cleanup after, their toxicity should be translated into getting hit by

them. The area that has piles of the dead should leave behind a taint

to the soil and blocks within area.

Irradiated zombies should have radiation contamination buff upon hitting

player. And the more that are around, either animate or inanimate should

have raise the radiation level. Until purged or area is manually cleaned.

So base zombie = poisoned ground and crops. The stripper = Infection and

poisoned residual area. The puker = poison + infection + bonus AOE poison

to surfaces. Irradiated = Poison + infection + AOE radiation.

In populated areas, using a version of the cookie crumbs, could dynamically

adjust the areas, changing a base enclosure to a variety of bio-hazards,

especially when grouped together, like sleepers volume or Horde Night.

You seriously don't remember digging zombies in the previous alphas?

Hell yeah i do brother, i was referring to that other guy who seems to insist you added diggers JUST to screw with underground players last year. They were ALWAYS in the cards, but like I mentioned, EA and all. Different things are focused on at different times.

It doesn't mean digging was never going to come back. Thats what I was trying to convince Mr "Its a conspiracy against my play style"

I used to LOVE the diggers in A12 and am glad they are back new and improved.

How is it lame? I refilled my generator twice and I probably didn't need to I was just being cautious. Are you powering tunnels from Diersville to Gravestown or something? The thing barely uses any gas at all.

Ok, that is true, it does suck gas slow enough not to be that much of an issue, agree. Although I'm not sure how that works with less gas now in A18.

Lame is in once one has a gas generator that's it, essentially, there's nothing further to work towards. I always made establishing solar power a late game achievement in A16 because it took that long to find, let alone afford, enough solar panels and a solar bank. The benefit is, with a decent battery bank, you can just set it up and never worry about it again. That's the reward. Sure I could occasionally check the gas level and get near the same effect, it just cuts that achievement lineage short is all. One accomplishment level beyond gas would be nice, it worked fine before.

No they exist, but I never bothered with them since I can get 10k gas and forget about it for life.

I'm just not a fan of complexity. For gaming purposes we have two methods, one that requires fuel and the other solar energy, and batteries for backup power. Do we need more? To me it just adds fluff. It's like two recipes for something, it turns the game into a convenience factor instead of actually doing specific things for a specific goal.

It would be like having a 33" machete and making a 34" machete. They both do the same thing, stab and chop meat, yet it clutters the recipe and loot list.

Seems like its more of a "survivor fantasy" than something that adds serious value? You have to be careful when adding content, there is bare bones, just right, and sensory overload.

LIke I played some Conan and there was all these different schools of crafting but none of them made any sense as to which one is better or why should I bother? I picked one and killed some stuff. Skyrim at least shows a tree with a cost, so its pretty obvious which one is best, the one at the top of the tree that has the highest requirement.

I guess that makes sense, as long as the solar panel/bank thing gets fixed then I am fine with it as is. Agree about not wanting to overcomplicate it all, solar is enough, as long as I can find, or make, a solar bank this time.

TFP enhances Big Mama model

Nooo I cannot undo the mental image...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Kudos to the artist. Those pumps were made for *walkering* *rim shot* lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Roland has been exposed?

There goes the PG rating :-/

Roland is close to reaching guppy status if he keeps this up lol.

It's 1/3 of max, not current health, right? In theory, wouldn't you be able to have a very deep pit with ledges at intervals where they take "full" damage each fall? Can't test it right now and I always forgot to get around to it when the nerf was released.

They basically take 50% fall damage capped at 33% of max health, so multiple falls can work.

I saw a test in A16. Unsure if it’s the same... but a couple zombies had to fall quite a distance before that max capped damage could be achieved. I believe zombie bears were one of them. I imagine for A18, demolishers would be nearly impossible to kill with only fall damage... but who knows.

Do spiders even take fall damage?

Archived