Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The crosshair has to 'touch' the body to use [E] successfully. When stuck in a block you do have to 'find' the spot before you can use [E], a bit wonky also based on the angle you're facing it. So I understang Guppycur's comment having trouble collecting them. It is indeed a skill to master. Just saying.

So what I'm reading is, of you are a good shot and hit the body, it's hard to retrieve them, but if you sick and miss a lot you can suck them up from the surrounding blocks.

So what I'm reading is, of you are a good shot and hit the body, it's hard to retrieve them, but if you sick and miss a lot you can suck them up from the surrounding blocks.

Actually it’s the other way around Gup. It’s far easier to pull arrows from a corpse. You only need to look anywhere on the corpse to get the collect message.

If I'm looking at the new bridge correctly, we have a new wedge tip (three or four pieces that create a more gradual slope)? One that has a more gentle slope? Is that true and if so, will it be available for crafting outside of the CM menu? I'd love for a more gentle slope so my truck doesn't damage the ramps every time it drives up!

If I'm looking at the new bridge correctly, we have a new wedge tip (three or four pieces that create a more gradual slope)? One that has a more gentle slope? Is that true and if so, will it be available for crafting outside of the CM menu? I'd love for a more gentle slope so my truck doesn't damage the ramps every time it drives up!

Earlier in this thread MM mentioned they redesigned the wedges so they didn’t take damage from vehicles, though if you look closely at the drawbridge video, it ‘appears’ to take damage due to the flying particles as the truck climbed the wedge. This is probably something we’ll need to try before we know for sure.

Earlier in this thread MM mentioned they redesigned the wedges so they didn’t take damage from vehicles, though if you look closely at the drawbridge video, it ‘appears’ to take damage due to the flying particles as the truck climbed the wedge. This is probably something we’ll need to try before we know for sure.

or he forgot about them :)

I just tested the spear and it works the same as arrows. You can't suck them up in any case. Reticle must be over the collider and pressing E will collect it from whatever it is stuck in.

nice going mechanic.... now i will definitely take the trains. :)

Seriously? After 3+ years of only suggesting extremely occasionally - trains are finally in Alpha 18?!

I'm quitting my job on my birthday next week! Two big presents from TFP!

(And I promise to not ask for anything else or to ever complain again. Oh, wait...)

(I can't wait to try and land the gyrocopter on one...)

(or put a mine (or Dukes!) on the rails.)

; - )

Seriously? After 3+ years of only suggesting extremely occasionally trains are finally in Alpha 18?!

I'm quitting my job on my birthday next week!

; - )

they were going to be available in a19 of the next un-named upcoming game (that we havent started yet) but now might not be. :)

Are there any critical items/skills/etc that can -only- come from RNG in A18?

By critical I mean things like the Chemistry Stations Beakers. While this isn't a perfect example due to PoP N Pill stores; if you have a decent number of Pill stores you're pretty much certain to get the beakers.

Slightly better example would be the Minibikes for Dumb... book in A16. Though since all the new vehicles added in A17 it would have to be something like crafting any vehicle would require a RNG only special part, and then truly horrid luck.

Basically asking if say something like the Workbench (a critical item) now relies on a 'special' bit that only RNG can supply, and then only very rarely. {hope that makes sense}

Madmole can we get a video of the damage a Demolisher zombie can do to different types of walls?

Coughs * Please * Coughs

Its not even done yet, and once a programmer gets it done me and Gazz will tweak the damage and work with testing to get things balanced right.

Are there any critical items/skills/etc that can -only- come from RNG in A18?

By critical I mean things like the Chemistry Stations Beakers. While this isn't a perfect example due to PoP N Pill stores; if you have a decent number of Pill stores you're pretty much certain to get the beakers.

Slightly better example would be the Minibikes for Dumb... book in A16. Though since all the new vehicles added in A17 it would have to be something like crafting any vehicle would require a RNG only special part, and then truly horrid luck.

Basically asking if say something like the Workbench (a critical item) now relies on a 'special' bit that only RNG can supply, and then only very rarely. {hope that makes sense}

Its not too hard to find things you need, but I only have one beaker with 49 hours of game play so far. You can buy whole workstations from traders if they have them, so eventually you should get about everything you need one way or another. I found a POI with 3 of 4 working workstations. I was tempted to move in, but I had a few at that point and my base was coming along. Here it is now:

Archived