Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The bike is now losing speed very quickly if I stop pedaling. Is it possible to add a power reserve to a bicycle, even on an asphalt road?

Yes. It's called the minibike. That is literally the difference between a pedal bike and a minibike.

(Honestly, this is one case where realism and gameplay coincide perfectly for me...)

Yes, but it would also be satisfying to see it for the first time in-game when experimental officially releases. ;) Just my take.

I won't disagree since you are one of those who loves me in 1000 ways... ;-)

That is a great achievement. <3

going down hill is physics (like jump off of bike and it will keep going down hill)... but as for level ground... i can not get this to happen in a18 current build.

Sort of...if you are sprinting on a bike on a flat surface and resort to normal riding, you slow down quite quickly (even downhill). Holding shift but releasing w seems to freewheel it where you don’t lose speed as quickly but you regen stamina

Sort of...if you are sprinting on a bike on a flat surface and resort to normal riding, you slow down quite quickly (even downhill). Holding shift but releasing w seems to freewheel it where you don’t lose speed as quickly but you regen stamina

Cool. If it works in A18.

@devs/moderators I'm curious so felt I should ask. Has the zombies abilitity to dig down towards those who live like moles changed in A18?

:crossing fingers: I'm hoping not as this has been my favorite feature ever implemented :) Yes yes I know many of you do not like this feature :(

Edit: spelling errors

@devs/moderators I'm curious so felt I should ask. Has the zombies abilitity to dig down towards those who live like moles changed in A18?

:crossing fingers: I'm hoping not as this has been my favorit feature ever implemented :) Yes yes I know many of you do not like this feature :(

Edit: spelling errors

I'm not a dev and not a moderator.... they do still dig down for you. in our current build :)

In regards to 16K maps, I was hosting one till about day 300 or so and it works just fine. However, the load times on the initial download was 30+ minutes. People don't want to have to wait that long to join a server (or few). It was an incredible map and fun. I just recently reset it to a Nitrogen 8K map. There are areas on the map that require serious maneuvering and I can't wait to get my Gyro-copter. You can make a bigger map with mods but it requires horsepower to host and patience from the clients.

Today marks the day that in my SP A17.4 world, I have reached 2 million dukes. Who runs the economy? This guy!

Edit: Fun Pimps, you may want to adjust picnic tables in A18. :p Sorry everyone else, but it had to be said.

Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Duke the things that are Dukes', and to Madmole the things that are Madmole's. And they marvelled at him.

lol bad joke but after reading you're post this was the first thing that popped in me head and i had to post it.

Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Duke the things that are Dukes's, and to Madmole the things that are Madmole's. And they marvelled at him.

lol bad joke but after reading you're post this was the first thing that popped in me head.

Lol

This is what happens when you have 60 forges burning and producing forged iron and nails 24/7. ;)

When a new player joins my game they have a hard time getting over to where I’m at. I don’t like fast traveling but a one time fast travel would be nice for not wasting time looking for your buddy. One time teleport to friends bed.

If you really don’t know, here is how:

F1 Dm Enter

Tele buddy zombiepoptard enter

Dm enter F1

When starting a new game can you guys make it so the the cheats and the console controls can’t be accessed ever in that one game. I find it very hard to not mess with those kinds of stuff due to the convenance of altering time and my own restraint.

No. What on earth inspires you to ruin your own experience? Cheating ruins the experience, period. You obviously realize this, because you are asking for a feature to remove console commands. Even if we did add it, you could simply restart the game with --cheats flag, and then open the console and do whatever it is you do. The only fix for this is for you to gain some self control and stop cheating, because you are the problem, not us. Its like telling a beer manufacturer to stop making beer so you can quit drinking lol.

wait Gas schematic is back in A18? you don't need it in A17.4.

You must have missed the memo about every item you can craft with a perk unlock being also unlocked by a schematic? I don't want to buy yeah science, so I am looking for the schematic so I can make gas.

I am sure Gazz can sneak in some stackable non quality easy to make javelins from xml. As an alternative to the early game bow but not as great investment as an actual spear. Can make the spears a bit more expensive to craft even then..

Yes lets give someone a giant OP arrow that doesn't need a bow, that is crafted from just wood and let them spam them everywhere. I'm not saying we won't add it, but right now we have 20 weapons that we want to polish so we're not breaking content lock.

When a new player joins my game they have a hard time getting over to where I’m at. I don’t like fast traveling but a one time fast travel would be nice for not wasting time looking for your buddy. One time teleport to friends bed.

Maybe down the road we will let beds be shared by allies and allow multiple beds like RUST.

No. What on earth inspires you to ruin your own experience? Cheating ruins the experience, period. You obviously realize this, because you are asking for a feature to remove console commands. Even if we did add it, you could simply restart the game with --cheats flag, and then open the console and do whatever it is you do. The only fix for this is for you to gain some self control and stop cheating, because you are the problem, not us. Its like telling a beer manufacturer to stop making beer so you can quit drinking lol.

Precisely. As the saying goes, "If you don't like it, don't use it". I personally only use the cheat commands for creative test worlds and, in survival worlds, if I want to spawn in a decorative item that cannot be accessed legitimately through gameplay. (But I always throw away the materials needed to craft them. Let's say it's day 62 and I'm restoring a house to live in, trying to make it as nice as possible. I would, at some point, spawn in the nicer looking wood doors, but I would throw away, say, 20 wood per door.) It befuddles me when something that is completely under a player's control, and they dislike it, and they want it removed, even though said feature would otherwise completely unaffect them within their game. *Shaking my head*

Archived