Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Faatal, did you get chance to see why default shaders are not loading? I have 3 computer with nvidia, 1050, 1060 and 1650 all have same warning of default shader not loading and switching. All are running win10 pro latest version and driver upgraded. processor and ram are different with minimum 12 GB RAM in them.

I get the same thing as well. I'm also curious as to what that means...

Boars underutilized

I'd like to suggest that predator animals and zombies attack boars. It looks odd when boars ignore everything and everything ignores boars. Even if a zombie walks into a boar, you can't goad them into interacting.

Argument: That's fluff. Predators chasing prey is a waste of AI resources that could go to e.g. more zombies.

Counterargument: Predator-prey interactions are already part of the game. Predators and zombies already attack deer.

Argument: Boars are tough bastards, and it's more fitting that predators would leave them alone.

Counterargument: if we can allow the game to take some liberties, a bit of research (e.g. I checked wikipedia :D) reveals that various canids, bears, and big cats all prey on boars in real life. As for zombies, they're not zombie-like if they avoid danger.

Disclaimer: I'm not really caught up on the Dev Diary; I've only checked the last few pages, so sorry if this has come up.

When we do dead is dead, I wanted a dead is dead light, where you could earn or buy lives. So you could die permanently but it would be a little more forgiving allowing you to buy a life from the trader or trade 10 levels for another life or something. Death would still be horrible, but if you were invested in the game you could keep going for a massive cost.

I could have kept going, but I try to play honestly, and since you changed loot quality to encourage crafting, I wanted to try that anyway.

The new game is in the desert an looks gorgeous! IMHO something needs to be done differently with the burning biome and wasteland to make thm visually appealing. Maybe wasteland could use some greenery coming back (like horizon Zero dawn) and burning lands needs the fog to come back limiting player view distance. That should improve fps in wasteland as well, and maybe the burning embers could have the black smoke going up again?

Both also need some kind of wildlife for hunting.. maybe charred versions of the wolf or boar?

I feel like Glue and Duct tape are nerfed in find. I bones are increased, in finding, but now we need 5/7 to make glue so it virtually kill extra bone benefits. And very basic or advance item need duct tape. Can we increase little percentage of them or we decrease bones needed for glue making from 5/7 to 2/5 maybe ?

They are fine...you just need to grab them from every source you see, like the road gore piles. I always had more than a stack of bones in my 70 day playthrough, and was never wanting for duct tape or repair kits.

I think it would be doable with a fortitude brawler on fortbites IMO. I would keep horde size to 8 probably to feel it out. Maybe specialize into physician to maximize health gains from meds. You might need something for stamina and some sex rex for sure.

We're resetting our server today, so last night we just did hordes over and over till we lost everything. With high fort + fortbites the zombies were hitting for 0 on me. When those ran out if I used a med kit with no phys points, and the mod that gives you hp when you're below 50% hp I pretty much regened more than they could do while punching them out :p

And of course booze helps punch them in the mouth all the better

They are fine...you just need to grab them from every source you see, like the road gore piles. I always had more than a stack of bones in my 70 day playthrough, and was never wanting for duct tape or repair kits.

Yeah, by Day 7 I have about 100 spare duct tape and I don't use repair kits for tools (just use until broken, then scrap). I like that Duke Tape is such a strategic resource, makes the game more interesting.

I find the auto aim after reloading to be very cumbersome and annoying. Would it be possible to take this out or have an option to disable this feature?

I much prefer to re-aim on my own instead of it auto aiming after each reload.

I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

View on Mining:

With all ores visible on top, If we dig around them then we do about 5x5 or something like hole. Which doesn't seems like mining to me. I expect as everyone else i see on tube is they dig stair/ladder to a place and then they remain underground. But digging through visible ore area make a bigger pit,

Any idea how you guys are doing or what is best way to do it now.

I just disabled all the surface ore 'boulders' and mine the old way.

I'd be very surprised if there are any cash exploits, I have hundreds of hours testing.

Oh you reminded me to test what I think happened to me! I had money that ended up with a mod on it. Couldnt use it at the trader. It was after I died so I thought maybe it was a bug as I didnt see it had a mod on it. Swapped the money to my hotbar and I was able to buy something, but I dont think it actually took the money away. Not sure if mods on random items has been/is going to be changed, but I'll try it in 9 hours when I get home :( or somebody can try ahead of me and see if its a get rich quick scheme :D

View on Mining:

With all ores visible on top, If we dig around them then we do about 5x5 or something like hole. Which doesn't seems like mining to me. I expect as everyone else i see on tube is they dig stair/ladder to a place and then they remain underground. But digging through visible ore area make a bigger pit,

Any idea how you guys are doing or what is best way to do it now.

Right now i just whack the one on top, then dig straight down 10 blocks and mine out/down/around from there. Has yet to fail me on the 5-6 actual mines I've done so far

I can't wear headphones for a hundred hours, my ears hot flash and I feel miserable for about 2-3 hours afterwards unless I don't record any vo, but that isn't very fun to watch. I need some ac headphones lol.

Lol, I though you were tough... Maybe you should change your name to CryMole. Jokes aside, I've never had AC headphones, but mine are pretty cool in terms of temperature. MSI Ds502 DS502.png

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Faatal, did you get chance to see why default shaders are not loading? I have 3 computer with nvidia, 1050, 1060 and 1650 all have same warning of default shader not loading and switching. All are running win10 pro latest version and driver upgraded. processor and ram are different with minimum 12 GB RAM in them.

I get the same thing as well. I'm also curious as to what that means...

Yep myself and several people I know who play have this as well

Day 28 horde night was easy peasy (24 alive). I felt like there was less zombies, but it could be pipe bombs and molotovs exhausting horde super fast ("price": 500 rounds 7.62, 24 molotovs and 37 pipe bombs). I tested a modified platform and it worked really well: 16 reinforced concrete pillars with plates to increased protection, so in theory each pillar has 25k hit points. Sure, I will need steel in order to avoid demolishers, but I will build a perimeter defense with electric fences and inside barbed wire fences. On top I will have a iron bars cage so I can sniper them.

Day 28 horde night was easy peasy (24 alive). I felt like there was less zombies, but it could be pipe bombs and molotovs exhausting horde super fast ("price": 500 rounds 7.62, 24 molotovs and 37 pipe bombs). I tested a modified platform and it worked really well: 16 reinforced concrete pillars with plates to increased protection, so in theory each pillar has 25k hit points. Sure, I will need steel in order to avoid demolishers, but I will build a perimeter defense with electric fences and inside barbed wire fences. On top I will have a iron bars cage so I can sniper them.

24 molotovs and 37 pipe bombs will defo make an early game horde night easy peasy lol

Yeah, by Day 7 I have about 100 spare duct tape and I don't use repair kits for tools (just use until broken, then scrap). I like that Duke Tape is such a strategic resource, makes the game more interesting.

Yeah duck tape is tricky, I can never find any ducks in my game.

I was testing a blade trap and came across a bug where I get an error message if I walk into it. Looks like the error happens every time a blade hits me. I take no damage, and no sound other than the blade spinning.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I was testing a blade trap and came across a bug where I get an error message if I walk into it. Looks like the error happens every time a blade hits me. I take no damage, and no sound other than the blade spinning.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

please fill out a report and include the log if you want a tester to look at it. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?129598-A18-b149-EXP-bug-reporting-thread

Archived