Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yeah pvp would be fun if you absorbed xp from the player you killed, like 1/4 of it at least. So killing noobs wouldn't give you hardly any but killing that guy who's level 60 would get you a ton of XP. It would give incentive to kill the top dog on the server.

Sounds exploitable unless by absorbing you mean also that the player killed loses it, and thus sets him back several levels.

Add a schematic or something for each Q6 item with same drop rate as the Q6 item. If its just as hard to "loot" the way to build it then the item itself it should be pretty solid. People are right that once you get a Q6 item you're never gonna craft that item again, why would you? Our last game I got Q6 steel knuckles and never looked at crafting again...Now if I had a chance to turn all the junk knuckles I found into possibly better Q6 than I found then it makes me feel like I'm able to put the crafting part back into play.

People still have to go out and loot either way, people still get to craft after finding Q6 and roll the dice on something better. Win win bb

Everyone here is missing the point. T6 weapons are easy as heck to find.... trader secret stash comboed with Lucky googles and LL.

Unless changed most people with have lvl 5&6 gear by day 14. So crafting lvl 6 items should have random rolls on stats and have high material costs.

Yeah pvp would be fun if you absorbed xp from the player you killed, like 1/4 of it at least. So killing noobs wouldn't give you hardly any but killing that guy who's level 60 would get you a ton of XP. It would give incentive to kill the top dog on the server.

WOW why the f has no game done this for pvp yet. This would be frickin amazing in pvp servers!!!giphy.gif

Before you consider yourself invincible, you might want to wait until you have several of them at the same time. Recently I read a post from someone who had 17 of the demolishers in the base at the same time.

A question, how well has the barbed wire actually held up ? In earlier Alphas it was always very quickly broken.

it holds up very well. they last so much longer than wood or iron spikes only downside is they don't really do damage they just slow down the zombies for a decent amount of time for you to get off a lot of head shots and save a crazy amount of ammo.

I'd say to anyone to test it out to see just how big a difference they make as far as saving materials from having to constantly make spikes and from not having to spray and pray during horde nights.

Yup, makes perfect sense. My solution, however, would've been to keep crafting purples but have them have middle of the road (or even low end) stats that are not randomized, meaning that looted gear would be potentially better.

But at the end of the day, the difference is a matter of degree.... it just feels less rewarding not being able to craft purples.

No it trivializes the feeling of finding a purple in loot after clearing a dangerous POI. You shouldn't be able to turn garbage into the best gear in the game. Get off your ass and find it.

I feel like the feather nerf is perfect. You just have to find them. You shouldn’t have 150 arrows day one as we did before, it was too easy to find.

What no one seems to get, is that in relation to bullets it feels unnecessary (the nerf) I don't even use bows and I'm not saying you can't because there isn't enough feathers. I was trying to say (and failed apparently) that in relation bullets it doesn't seem balanced. As you pointed out, "you shouldn't have 150 feathers on day one" but finding 200 9mm, 100 7.62, and 50 shot shells and their corresponding guns on day 1 is ok? (default settings).

To reiterate I'm not saying the feather nerf was bad in it of itself. Just that it seems weird when guns and ammo are so easily found and accumulated. But whatever. I was the catalyst for this feather nerf so I feel partly responsible for any negatives resulting. If everyone is cool with it then I'm cool with it :indecisiveness:

He’s right. You take purple crafting out there will be no point to craft anything. By day 14 you will have found all blues and some purples. I highly suggest you think about it before doing it. Also the decrease in mod slots deters people from craft and just rushing LL to find purples on the easy.

Very disappointed in this new development.

Its already done, see my previous posts on this matter. The goal is to find more browns and oranges early game so you have incentive to craft something much better with all those parts, not to let you craft the most amazing gear in the game from garbage. Blues are outright awesome players crafting purples is just a poor design. What happens in Skyrim when you max enchanting/smithing and craft the best gear in the game? You quit playing.

Work harder. I had stacks of duct tape by day 50 and I repair everything before selling to the trader. Get the harvest perks to double the amount of bones you gather (which I don't bother with and always have stacks of duct tape and meat)

The thing I see common in this reply is "I have bulk by day 40+" I understand it is bulk then, because repair are less, 7000 durability item break less than 1000 durability of low level. so you save lot. And you play enough to hunt lot of animals. But I never cross 10 days in game yet, and I always have shortage of it. We gain them exponentially maybe, and that I think need to be fixed/balanced maybe? But yeah live long enough to have everything.

And I am okay if you don't change it.

On a 2 players game, we got over 350 x 9mm bullets by day 2 (we were mostly looting POIs). While finding almost no feathers around.

Feathers are found in empty lands, around POI are less nests, so if you need feather go out of city. I usually get 100+ arrows in 2 days, and then when I start POI (while remaining in city) I get enough bullets, and frankly when you have bullets you need less feather. unless for stealth, in that case hunt for vultures with bullets :).

No it trivializes the feeling of finding a purple in loot after clearing a dangerous POI. You shouldn't be able to turn garbage into the best gear in the game. Get off your ass and find it.

Well, that was sort of my point.... if crafted purples had static stats that were average or less than average then you wouldn't be crafting the best gear in the game, you'd still have to loot them.

Just a personal opinion

I was playing with a friend yesterday and realized that crafting quality being separated in so many skills it's not very good IMO.

The thing is when you play as a Crafter/Blacksmith, the amount of perks you have to spend for it is inhuman. I think you should make another skill tree for it, making not obligatory to spend points in the Intelligence skill tree.

Feel free to tell me how you feel about this.:smile-new:

Just a personal opinion

I was playing with a friend yesterday and realized that crafting quality being separated in so many skills it's not very good IMO.

The thing is when you play as a Crafter/Blacksmith, the amount of perks you have to spend for it is inhuman. I think you should make another skill tree for it, making not obligatory to spend points in the Intelligence skill tree.

Feel free to tell me how you feel about this.:smile-new:

Tbh I wouldnt mind having a seperate skill tree for crafting. Sounds like a reasonable idea.

Wasnt it like that before though? The int tree had all the crafting stuff?

it holds up very well. they last so much longer than wood or iron spikes only downside is they don't really do damage they just slow down the zombies for a decent amount of time for you to get off a lot of head shots and save a crazy amount of ammo.

Thanks for the information. I will see how I can integrate the barbed wire into my base design. I don't mind that the barbed wire is doing not much damage. It should only slow down the zombies so that I have enough time to kill the demolisher.

Its already done, see my previous posts on this matter. The goal is to find more browns and oranges early game so you have incentive to craft something much better with all those parts, not to let you craft the most amazing gear in the game from garbage. Blues are outright awesome players crafting purples is just a poor design. What happens in Skyrim when you max enchanting/smithing and craft the best gear in the game? You quit playing.

I do not think I ever found gear in Skyrim worth using, except maybe some legendary stuff, but you get those from quests. So yeah not being able to craft the very best gear is a good decision, although I might have still allowed it as super specialization level (level 6 in a perk) that cost so much skillpoints you lock yourself in and thus would be very hard to obtain and may not be worth it compared to loot.

if some folks are having issues with not having repair kits to repair their items why not just use another tool you loot instead of scraping it till you can fix your really good tool?

like yeah you can't use your steel pickaxe but you can use that iron pickaxe till you are able to repair the steel one.

What no one seems to get, is that in relation to bullets it feels unnecessary (the nerf) I don't even use bows and I'm not saying you can't because there isn't enough feathers. I was trying to say (and failed apparently) that in relation bullets it doesn't seem balanced. As you pointed out, "you shouldn't have 150 feathers on day one" but finding 200 9mm, 100 7.62, and 50 shot shells and their corresponding guns on day 1 is ok? (default settings).

To reiterate I'm not saying the feather nerf was bad in it of itself. Just that it seems weird when guns and ammo are so easily found and accumulated. But whatever. I was the catalyst for this feather nerf so I feel partly responsible for any negatives resulting. If everyone is cool with it then I'm cool with it :indecisiveness:

I want you to walk outside right now (IRL) and find a feather. Around here a bunch of hillbillies ride around with guns in their trucks/cars. Police definitely have guns and there are shooting ranges all over the place. That doesn't count the number of people who have guns at home.

I initially thought there were too many bullets, but as gamestage scales, ammo quickly becomes an issue and you have to conserve and use melee instead.

Archived