Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Tables in some houses look like this :

20191017220251-1.jpg

That correct ?

Yeah probably someone in the process of putting IKEA furniture together.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

It’s always better when they swallow.

I saw Rolands original post, and I was like.. Should I post something? Scrolled down a few replies to confirm it wasn't necessary.

1.6 gig update Funpimps? Really? Way to destroy someone's Available gaming time. Way to be inconsiderate to your a customer base where time is limited. Still waiting for a switch to turn off zombie digging and switch daylight and night time zombie behavior. You know 7 days to die not 7 nights to die.

That's your first post on this forum?

No! If anything, egg spawns should be brought up just a little. :p

Maybe eggs should drop more in other containers? Like in fridges etc..

- - - Updated - - -

depends on how hairy you are. I mean you're no Madmole weight lifting

Oh I'm probably hairy enough..

.. To not need any overcoat in the winter.

thats quality 6 full modded, so no not even close to ak47 :p, i dont know how much full modded ak does,but m60 does 86 damage with mods and magazine size of 121

Ahh, but a pistol is only a T1 weapon. :p It's got over 10 rounds in it unmodded, so that's already "better" than a double barrel or a hunting rifle. But if you want more power, the magnum is there, or if you want to spray and pray, the SMG has got your back. ;) That's the price we pay - more bullets, less damage.

The idea is to allow people to get started specializing right away allowing them to craft a primitive gun on day 1. We'd need primitive versions of everything to pull it off, and then push out finding real guns at all until level 10 or so. We have it working with melee weapons for the most part, but I'm not sure it really needs to happen with firearms. We'd need pipe rifles, pipe machineguns, pipe pistols and some kind of potato gun for the int guy to pull it off. It could be cool though. Probably get rid of blunderbuss ammo and just use regular ammo for all primitive fire arms.

It might happen when we get bandits in the game too or make sense when they come.

(thinking)... That all makes sense, I can see the benifit now. I swear I lack imagination sometimes lol.

When we do dead is dead, I wanted a dead is dead light,<snip> or trade 10 levels for another life or something.

That could solve the problem of building forts made from reinforced concrete. For example, building a solid slab 10 x 10 x 4 high fort would "cost" almost 200,000 exp (480 x 10 x 10 x 4). If you upgrade from wood frames to reinforced concrete the cost is about 700 exp per block.

The Experience "death spiral" could be averted that way.

I feel like Glue and Duct tape are nerfed in find. I bones are increased, in finding, but now we need 5/7 to make glue so it virtually kill extra bone benefits. And very basic or advance item need duct tape. Can we increase little percentage of them or we decrease bones needed for glue making from 5/7 to 2/5 maybe ?

1.6 gig update Funpimps? Really? Way to destroy someone's Available gaming time. Way to be inconsiderate to your a customer base where time is limited. Still waiting for a switch to turn off zombie digging and switch daylight and night time zombie behavior. You know 7 days to die not 7 nights to die.

Just go away pest, nobody asked you to participate in the experimental. Leave it to people with at least a small amount of patience and care about the game. You can come back once stable is out.

View on Mining:

With all ores visible on top, If we dig around them then we do about 5x5 or something like hole. Which doesn't seems like mining to me. I expect as everyone else i see on tube is they dig stair/ladder to a place and then they remain underground. But digging through visible ore area make a bigger pit,

Any idea how you guys are doing or what is best way to do it now.

I feel like Glue and Duct tape are nerfed in find. I bones are increased, in finding, but now we need 5/7 to make glue so it virtually kill extra bone benefits. And very basic or advance item need duct tape. Can we increase little percentage of them or we decrease bones needed for glue making from 5/7 to 2/5 maybe ?

damn I'm over run with duct tape..... maybe try going to desert and harvest bones from those skulls. Harvst every corpse pile you come across on the streets.... do those two things and you will be set. also cant you use a chem station to reduce the total amount of required bones to make tape...

Just boy glue/duct tape from traders, harvest all animals you find, get every gore block on the roads, etc. I'm on day 42 (90 minute days) and I have close to 2,000 glue in stock.

damn I'm over run with duct tape..... maybe try going to desert and harvest bones from those skulls. Harvst every corpse pile you come across on the streets.... do those two things and you will be set. also cant you use a chem station to reduce the total amount of required bones to make tape...

I do, but I thought it is little tough to get them in compare to previous versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Just boy glue/duct tape from traders, harvest all animals you find, get every gore block on the roads, etc. I'm on day 42 (90 minute days) and I have close to 2,000 glue in stock.

well that is positive thing. Though I follow all those advice already, but never reach beyond 5-6 days in my game, as my server keep getting reset with every release.lol

Ryzen 5 3600 not good enough??

I have a I5 9600k, it's a little bit better than yours. I have the game installed in a Samsung EVO 960, maybe that's why? I don't know really

We shouldn't have such a different performance.

Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB RAM. Nothing fancy there.

faatal,

just a curiosity question; nVidias recent 16xx series seems to use 4GB for 1650 then 6GB for 1660. Is 4 or 6 gigabytes enough or is that only a short term upgrade & should really go for an 8GB card?

Edit: tbh I was looking at possibly getting a 4GB 1650. Specs show it only needs 75 Watts and no dedicated 6V connector so I wouldn't have to also upgrade my power supply...

Yes I'm playing Nightmare settings but they're still slower than me, even the fast female runners I can run away from. So that's why I thought maybe they get faster as gs goes up?

It turns out only the biker could actually catch you, while some zombies like Arlene are about the same speed.

Increased nightmare move speed by 5%.

faatal,

just a curiosity question; nVidias recent 16xx series seems to use 4GB for 1650 then 6GB for 1660. Is 4 or 6 gigabytes enough or is that only a short term upgrade & should really go for an 8GB card?

Edit: tbh I was looking at possibly getting a 4GB 1650. Specs show it only needs 75 Watts and no dedicated 6V connector so I wouldn't have to also upgrade my power supply...

4 GB will probably only be OK for a few years. I can see our next game being 3-4 GB minimum requirements.

Save the money on something cheaper now and have that money for later, or spend more now and use the card longer. Both have their merits.

Well I figured out how to reproduce the texture streaming bug, took 1 minute to figure it out. that was easy so it should be an easy find and fix for TFP.

20191017155749-1.jpgduplic.jpg20191017160528-1.jpg

EDIT: Not a repro, turns out whatever I did some how changed all my graphic settings to low...very weird first time that ever happen. Had to delete options out of registry to fix. Could not get above 25 fps after i broke the settings. now I'm back up to 50-60.

I fixed it.

See my post here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?129724-Graphics-are-poo-since-last-update/page2

Archived