Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

This apply to all tiers? I know the higher ones net more dukes but havent crunched the numbers yet.

No...I didn't think it through. Looks like only tier one is blatantly better to scrap instead of repairing and selling.

Maybe people will just think there was a DP after my name for that post....

1.6 gig update Funpimps? Really? Way to destroy someone's Available gaming time. Way to be inconsiderate to your a customer base where time is limited. Still waiting for a switch to turn off zombie digging and switch daylight and night time zombie behavior. You know 7 days to die not 7 nights to die.

Your poor scheduling doesn't constitute an emergency for us. Sorry for the 37 second wait.

Thanks Faatal, it is already solved, @ZombieSurvivor helped me solve it, I had a problem with the anisotropic filter of nvidia, it was running at x2 and I put it manually at x16 and it worked correctly, in the same way I thank you for the help

I would do what faatal recommended. He knows what the code is that governs this stuff, I do not. I would have told you to do the same thing faatal is telling you now on top of the AF fix but I forgot about this last night. :)

Edit: Damn AF 16x, highest I would have gone is 8x lol.

Originally Posted by faatal

It is fixed and will be in the next release.

For now you can type this in the console (F1 key):

gfx st budget 2500

1.6 gig update Funpimps? Really? Way to destroy someone's Available gaming time. Way to be inconsiderate to your a customer base where time is limited. Still waiting for a switch to turn off zombie digging and switch daylight and night time zombie behavior. You know 7 days to die not 7 nights to die.

LOLS 1.6g should take what, 10 minutes? at most???? dude you need to get off or dial up or maybe alot more than 15 minutes of game playing time

Hey guys, i have just found a something not sure if it is bug so i am going to post it in here: When you try to place something on the workbench, like for example hay or wood frames, it disappears and when you try to jump on it, it does a high amount of damage to you, i found this when i was trying to jump from the woodframe on the workbench to the rooftop of a small POI. Is this a bug or its like that because of something?

I get what you're saying with 'pipe', but could possibly use a single shot Shotgun (or even make it 20 gauge instead of 12) for Shotgunners.

Maybe a 2-shot 9mm derringer for Pistoleers

Or for everyone maybe a Shark Spear/Bangstick could be a fun one. Single .357/.44/12g shell at the tip triggered by contact.

https://www.billsbangsticks.com/

Don't want to add new shotgun ammo just for primitive shotguns. Would like to salvage/keep the blunderbuss model for early game shotgun guys.

(Disclaimer: Went into fly mode to take the image.)

My day 42 horde base. There's no way I'll be able to get enough concrete mix, rebar, spikes, and iron bars made in time to finish the perimeter walls, however. :/

Excuse the brightness; can do nothing about it. It's a misty day. :p

uBpqywW.jpg

Your screens always look washed out, is your gamma jacked up or something?

Experimental update breaking stuff and workaround

As of Alpha 18 b149 most of your stuff is broke. It seems to only effect the stuff you already got.

The workaround.

Make sure you got cheat mode on before loading saved game.

Once in game, press the "U" key. (Item menu opens).

Type in repair kit. (item menu shows repair kits).

Click and drag a stack of them into your inventory.

Repair all items.

Drag another stack into your inventory as needed until all items are repaired.

Close menu and game on! :)

I would do what faatal recommended. He knows what the code is that governs this stuff, I do not. I would have told you to do the same thing faatal is telling you now on top of the AF fix but I forgot about this last night. :)

Edit: Damn AF 16x, highest I would have gone is 8x lol.

Originally Posted by faatal

It is fixed and will be in the next release.

For now you can type this in the console (F1 key):

gfx st budget 2500

Another one in the forum told me the same thing and I tried it but it didn't work, only when changing manually did it work

Given the current lootdrop rate, primitive guns are outclassed faster than it makes sense investing into them. (Getting a 9mm does not take long) They would need some more value and capabilities to make sense also later in the game.

Yes, if we add primitive firearms then we'd push out in the loot game stage the current firearms so you can't get them until level 10-20 unless you were really lucky.

thats quality 6 full modded, so no not even close to ak47 :p, i dont know how much full modded ak does,but m60 does 86 damage with mods and magazine size of 121

You are comparing a tier 2 gun to a tier 3 gun that shoots 3x as expensive ammo. Its properly balanced already.

I feel like Glue and Duct tape are nerfed in find. I bones are increased, in finding, but now we need 5/7 to make glue so it virtually kill extra bone benefits. And very basic or advance item need duct tape. Can we increase little percentage of them or we decrease bones needed for glue making from 5/7 to 2/5 maybe ?

Work harder. I had stacks of duct tape by day 50 and I repair everything before selling to the trader. Get the harvest perks to double the amount of bones you gather (which I don't bother with and always have stacks of duct tape and meat)

finally got the demolisher.. he died easy. barb wire fence made it so easy to head shot him and the rest.

game stage was 157, on day 49 and I was level 67. difficulty nomad with max alive at 32.

I had 9 blade traps and 3 turret's to help out but the stuff that helped the most were barb wire fence. they slow down the horde so much that it makes head shots crazy easy. I barely went through 1500 rounds of AP 7.62 ammo.

I'd say forget spikes and just do a few rows of barb wire fence like 3 or 4 and you are set and can easily put in good head shots to make horde nights very easy.

sadly I can't post pics but I did upload a bunch to steam.

Before you consider yourself invincible, you might want to wait until you have several of them at the same time. Recently I read a post from someone who had 17 of the demolishers in the base at the same time.

A question, how well has the barbed wire actually held up ? In earlier Alphas it was always very quickly broken.

Isn't that a little bit of an overreaction?

I love A18 so far but I had no reason at all to craft q5 items in the previous builds. I would either be lacking the parts or already got a q5-q6 item from a quest or loot by the time I got high enough level to get a perk to lvl 5.

Crafting finally felt useful in this build as an addition to looting/questing. You still need to loot/buy/quest to get enough parts to craft.

At 14 parts needed to craft a q6 item, it still takes 5 items to scrap before you can build 1 new one.

From a "balance" point of view, I don't understand why crafting purples has to go away again.

I would even dare to suggest that the scrapping for parts and the parts required to craft something need to be re-balanced.

For example: Scrap gives 1 part per quality level and craft cost 3 parts per quality level.

In that case, crafting a q6 item would require the scrapping of 18 q1's or 3 q6's. Either way, there is a lot of looting/questing/buying involved (or a lot of luck). The end result is that after several days ingame with active looting/questing, we would be able to craft a single q6 item with random stats which could be worse than that q4-5 item we already have.

I spent way longer on this post than I care to admit. Hopefully it can spark some thoughts on how to keep q6 crafting in the game in a balanced way as a useful addition to looting/questing.

It was an over reaction to add purple crafting back.

Ya know, I made a 4k map with Nirtogen's map generator with no mountains / smooth terrain and I really realized that the jagged / huge mountains were the bane of my fps. I know I'm on a low-end computer, but perhaps that's something to look at for performance gains for everyone else. With no huge/jagged mountains, my FPS rarely dips below 40 at the lowest -- I was even running distant terrain on and on a higher resolution. Note that smooth mountains actually weren't that taxing, but the jagged / bumpy ones were.

The terrain shader is very slow with AF and calculating grazing angles. We're working on it.

Any thoughts that the trader might be too OP in terms of quests? Whenever me or my friends do a session together or play on a non-pvp server, the gameplay often ends up just being chaining quests for loot and exp gains, even for players who don't take perks around it. That the quests also reset PoIs also makes living in the same spot easy for servers that otherwise have loot respawn disabled, especially on RWG when a trader is near a town and there's almost always at least one quest within half a kilometer. Not sure how it plays out when it comes to pvp oriented servers though.

I'd like to see it so how many quests you have to choose from and how often you can take them are also tied to the related perks, as well as quests being notably more difficult (there's a reason he's paying to send you) as they tend to end up being the same as clearing a PoI but with extra rewards. Server adjustable options would also work if you think the current form suits most games.

Archived